Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Martin Lewis. There's something about him that irritates me and I can't work out why!

Reactions: 8
People who write WhatsApp etc messages in separate vertical lines with probably a couple of gifs for good measure so you get a load of notifications- e.g
Hi how are you?
We’re going to the park
And bringing beer
And wine
There’s a place round the corner where we can pick up crisps
And Doritos
Sun emoji
Drinks GIF
Trees GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 9
People who write WhatsApp etc messages in separate vertical lines with probably a couple of gifs for good measure so you get a load of notifications- e.g
Hi how are you?
We’re going to the park
And bringing beer
And wine
There’s a place round the corner where we can pick up crisps
And Doritos
Sun emoji
Drinks GIF
Trees GIF
But doritos are crisps? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
People (who know better) who make convoluted efforts to not use capital letters properly so it looks 'casual'. The CEO of my company always writes in email titles 'feedback on culture for you and jane' and 'we are planning a party for sue and bob'- like you're highly educated, capitalise properly :)
And people who have bob jones as their email signature- just take 2 seconds to change it :)

People telling everyone to wear what they want and not to cover up in the sun under the guise of body positivity....just go away.

Selfies of people dressed up to go to a wedding with the caption “wedding ready”. Dunno why it irritates me so much really. Pick a different caption or something 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Some of you will remember that I’ve previously posted about the annoying girl from my hometown who posts like a world-famous influencer, even though she has 1200 followers.

She is currently on holiday and every morning we are treated to a detailed summary of the previous day on her IG stories. Not just images - there are paragraphs of text on each story too, detailing what they did and how they felt. This morning, it looked like this:

E0-AEC2-D6-4081-484-D-998-B-C14256-B9853-F.jpg

It is absolutely unbearable. There are all these hideous self-reverential comments on the stories as if she’s some massive big deal that the entire world revolves around (“We got chatting to a couple at the bar (because of course we did!)”).

Her grid posts seldom push 60 likes so she must know that very very few people actually care?! The odd selfie is enough without this weird Insta reality show of your bloody holiday. Seek help!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I know it’s been mentioned before, but ‘we move’ has got to go!

I’m seeing it more and more and it’s so often used unnecessarily dramatically!

Some of you will remember that I’ve previously posted about the annoying girl from my hometown who posts like a world-famous influencer, even though she has 1200 followers.

She is currently on holiday and every morning we are treated to a detailed summary of the previous day on her IG stories. Not just images - there are paragraphs of text on each story too, detailing what they did and how they felt. This morning, it looked like this:

View attachment 1431253

It is absolutely unbearable. There are all these hideous self-reverential comments on the stories as if she’s some massive big deal that the entire world revolves around (“We got chatting to a couple at the bar (because of course we did!)”).

Her grid posts seldom push 60 likes so she must know that very very few people actually care?! The odd selfie is enough without this weird Insta reality show of your bloody holiday. Seek help!
This is so good! I wouldn’t be able to look away!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What the duck does “we move” mean? Do they mean move on, “anyway”….?

Reactions: 5
Articles in the sun/mirror headlined as I’m a xyz expert/professional and you are all doing whatever wrong. This is how you should be doing it.
It’s really starting to scrape the barrel for them now. 🙄
Seems to be experts on how to wipe your own arse ffs

Reactions: 10
People who claim that they aren’t confident enough (or more usually, their “anxiety is through the roof” 🙄) to wear a bikini or go to the gym or whatever, but then the post is 101 selfies of them posing in said bikini or in gym wear in front of a mirror. I highly doubt you were that bothered about it otherwise you wouldn’t be posing, taking loads of photos of yourself and bragging about it 🙄 It’s all just attention seeking!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Articles in the sun/mirror headlined as I’m a xyz expert/professional and you are all doing whatever wrong. This is how you should be doing it.
It’s really starting to scrape the barrel for them now. 🙄
Seems to be experts on how to wipe your own arse ffs
I can't stand that etiquette expert guy, with the blonde hair and sneering attitude.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.