Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Never drinking again"

When we will, in fact, be subjected to their boring videos from the dancefloor next Saturday

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Just seen someone celebrating an anniversary on Instagram, "3 years! obsessed! thanks for being you!!!"
Well who else is he going to be?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The amount of people whinging about the cost of living payment. Either because they're still waiting for it or because they're not getting it.

Reactions: 4
Just seen a post with the worse kind of humble bragging about a birthday gift.
I'm just a down to earth girl from a small town who wanted a pandora bracelet for my birthday but he got me Tiffany 😊

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
A photo of some gormless fella captioned with “thanks for everything u do for our little family” 🤮🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Someone I know can't post about her activities without telling us all the price.

"Vet yesterday for my two...£250".

"Donated £50 to X charity".

"Sardinia next month. So glad I could pay for all eleven of us to go".

duck off.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’ve just seen a sanctimonious mommy post about approaching her baby respectfully and explaining what she’s doing as she applies sunblock. The premise, I don’t mind, it’s just the smugness I can’t stand.

The baby also has pierced ears, which is ironic. Did you approach her respectfully and ask permission before you put holes in her little ears? 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I hate all this "respectful parenting" bullshit. Babies don't know what the duck is going on and can't answer anyway. And if they could say "duck off I want to sit in my crappy nappy all week / not wear sunscreen / have cream applied to my bum" what are you going to do? Not do it? Absolute rubbish thought up by people with too much time on their hands. duck off.

Many aspects of modern (and I should add WESTERN) parenting make me want to leave this planet. My sister went in for every crunchy trend going. Baby led weaning - kid will now only eat a plain slice of bread, no butter if given the choice. Baby wearing for years - hip and ankle joint issues. Baby signing - kid is a standard, if not a slightly more angry, shouty kid. Extended breastfeeding - again just an average kid.

I read and wholeheartedly recommend the book "Crib sheet" for those who are skeptical of the bold claims made by so called parenting gurus. Sears, the godfather of attachment parenting is an slightly sinister fundermentalist Christian which explains a lot. Doesn't fit in with the crunchy narrative so this unhelpful fact is often over looked.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I read and wholeheartedly recommend the book "Crib sheet" for those who are skeptical of the bold claims made by so called parenting gurus. Sears, the godfather of attachment parenting is an slightly sinister fundermentalist Christian which explains a lot. Doesn't fit in with the crunchy narrative so this unhelpful fact is often over looked.
Yes! So much of the crunchy agenda keeps women chained to their babies and the home. It's a very conservative ideology when you think of it. Not to mention overwhelmingly adopted by privileged white women.

Reactions: 7
People moaning about the heatwave....we are all in the same boat lol
God it’s so annoying.
“Can’t sleep”
“Just can’t cope with the heat”
“My poor kids are so hot they can’t even sleep”
“I don’t want to eat I’m so hot”
“Hottest day ever”
Yeah…..we know…..we’re all the same!

Except then there are the others of course - the classic “oh it’ll be raining next week, I loves the heat me, get in the pool with a gin, what do you pay to go on holiday for?”🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
People saying they hate tiktok app, and 'need to come off the app' like it's an actual essential part of life. Then they cry and bleat cause they can't take the trolling etc. JUST DONT CLICK THE ICON!!!! They behave like it's as essential as breathing!!!!

Also people that don't protect their child's identity and have them plastered all over social media publicly for any noncey, creepy person to have access to. STOP POSTING YOUR KID IN THEIR SCHOOL UNIFORM. Stop posting your kid publicly at all. Simple child protection. It's actually scary how oblivious some parents are about keeping kids safe online.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The 1976 heatwave. Bestie do you want a badge for surviving it?? I’m sure I can get you a badge somewhere

BBC showed something about how people coped back then and the restrictions that were in place and it was actually interesting. Too bad no one on social media talks about that instead

Also, a funny comment I saw regarding the melting runways:
25F10D32-7AB8-4B91-BD8A-34F88E4D5738.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
'This gal voted for trump' or anything blue lives matter.
Anything that depicts how much they love their gun and all the crap about 'you'll never take my guns you snowflake!'

Like = 1 prayer

Influnencers! Hate the bleeping lot of them absolute nonentities!

First day of school photos 🤮🤮

Anyone asking for a lift somewhere... just call a bloody taxi like the rest of us!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
People who post 7 photos the same. Like action shots. Just pick the best one and post that.

Also to the contrary people who try and do that laughing , look away from the camera with their wine glass in their hand. Like it’s candid. We know it’s more contrived than smiling at the camera. I actually don’t understand it. Surely no one thinks it’s an off hand intimate moment.

Reactions: 13
Also people that don't protect their child's identity and have them plastered all over social media publicly for any noncey, creepy person to have access to. STOP POSTING YOUR KID IN THEIR SCHOOL UNIFORM. Stop posting your kid publicly at all. Simple child protection. It's actually scary how oblivious some parents are about keeping kids safe online.
Whilst scrolling, I've accidentally clicked on someone's profile. The amount of information they post about their children is unbelievable. So many post what school they go to, etc. why? You wouldn't tell someone in the street that.

Reactions: 9
People who emulate their favourite influencer in posts, copying catchphrases etc. Get a personality 💦🐟

• Heart
Reactions: 6
People who emulate their favourite influencer in posts, copying catchphrases etc. Get a personality 💦🐟
To add to this, people who try to become social media famous and post stuff like day in life vlogs. I mean, people hardly care if it's someone that has a following, but literally no one cares about what a normal person with a standard job and life does in the day. We all do pretty much the same things?! Even worse if they have zero personality

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.