Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something I see more and more now,people going on and on about their "anxiety", anxiety is a serious mental health issue, not just feeling a bit stressed or overwhelmed. It is like comparing being a bit sad to being clinically despressed
It's insulting to people who have been diagnosed with anxiety. Too many so called influencers seem to use mental health as content, not to raise awareness, just create content which they think makes them 'relatable'

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's insulting to people who have been diagnosed with anxiety. Too many so called influencers seem to use mental health as content, not to raise awareness, just create content which they think makes them 'relatable'
Agree. I have health anxiety. It's crippling. There's no way I'd harp on about it in this way. I only talk about it if I think it might help someone.

There's a difference between feeling anxious/worried which is complete rational and having an anxiety disorder. I find people who feel they suffer with anxiety then seem to suffer anxiety is every situation. However there is no just having anxiety disorder. It is categorised into types of anxiety disorder. For example my health anxiety is related to that alone. It also triggers OCD. However when I go for a job interview I'm not saying " oh it's my anxiety playing up" when I'm nervous. I'm just nervous like everyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Agree. I have health anxiety. It's crippling. There's no way I'd harp on about it in this way. I only talk about it if I think it might help someone.

There's a difference between feeling anxious/worried which is complete rational and having an anxiety disorder. I find people who feel they suffer with anxiety then seem to suffer anxiety is every situation. However there is no just having anxiety disorder. It is categorised into types of anxiety disorder. For example my health anxiety is related to that alone. It also triggers OCD. However when I go for a job interview I'm not saying " oh it's my anxiety playing up" when I'm nervous. I'm just nervous like everyone else.
It’s kind of something people play up when it’s their ONLY ailment and they’re bored and super privileged :) Like “Today I’m feeling brave so I decided to post a selfie even though I have anxiety”

• Sick
Reactions: 6

I agree, if someone uses their diagnosed condition to support someone else with advice it's probably the best help someone can receive. I'm my professional life I've worked with people who have been diagnosed with anxiety and like you mentioned it's usually related to a specific issue. Social media could be brilliant support, but not left unregulated, with 'influencers' posting whatever they like

Reactions: 7
Or use if they have called out on something
Same as be kind
Only use it when they have done wrong to deflect
But it’s ok when they want to laugh at live islanders for example
Where is be kind then, hun???

• Heart
Reactions: 9
especially as a way to deflect valid criticism, always accompanied by the stupid "be kind" thing

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Or use if they have called out on something
Same as be kind
Only use it when they have done wrong to deflect
But it’s ok when they want to laugh at live islanders for example
Where is be kind then, hun???
posted before I saw your message, great minds! :ROFLMAO: glad other people feel the same about this

Reactions: 4
Also people cradling rubbing there naked baby bumps
Why oh why do they bleeping do it????
Like seriously why????

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Also people cradling rubbing there naked baby bumps
Why oh why do they bleeping do it????
Like seriously why????
By any chance could Rebecca Lamb be one of the attention whores, you're thinking of? I've seen that woman's gut more than my own

Reactions: 4
“So thankful for certain people in my life, u know who u are”

girl why don’t you just DM them that none of us give a flying monkeys about your nameless pal 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 19
Seeing this “Is there anyone worried about sending their children to school in the heatwave” every 5 mins is starting to grate now. Unless the school is on the surface of the sun how’s keeping them off gonna help?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Seeing this “Is there anyone worried about sending their children to school in the heatwave” every 5 mins is starting to grate now. Unless the school is on the surface of the sun how’s keeping them off gonna help?
So long as they aren't in ties/jackets etc and swig plenty of water , they'll be fine . It's just as hot at home......

Reactions: 8
Thank you for this, I needed the lol and reality check. Seeing all this hysteria makes you feel like an awful parent for sending them in (to nursery, not school) - but this is the new normal, we’re all going to have to learn to adapt.

Reactions: 6
People making hating hot weather a personality trait. If I have to read "The UK isn't built for heat" or "our buildings keep heat in" one more time...

It's one of those things you hear all the time but people act so wise whenever they say it. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.