Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Adverts on Youtube. By now I have to click about 8 times "skip" or "x" in a 10min video. I actually get ads anxiety. - FU Youtube! - Recently I started to simply download most videos off my subscription page as soon as I come home, and then watch them later on one by one from my harddrive. - In total peace. (y)
Such a good idea (about downloading). The ads are so intrusive.

Reactions: 3
Instagrammers trying to look sincere whilst encouraging people to click on aff links, holding a cup of tea/coffee/hot choc with the sleeves of there jumper pulled over there hands

• Heart
Reactions: 16
There seems to be an annoying new feature when you read comments on the groups section. Below the contents are a list of "similar" posts you might be interested in. So just now I was reading a post on a local page asking which charities would collect clothing donations locally. Below the replies there was a post from the US about a bag someone found in a thrift store and another selling group based in San Diego advertising a bundle of clothes for sale!

Now I've wasted my time reading these posts when they have no relevance to me at all!

That pic of Stacey bloody Solomon in those tights showing off her knickers. People creaming their knickers over it thinking she’s hilarious. She’s not, she’s a pillock

Reactions: 13
Advent calenders of any sort though I like the cheapo chocolate ones in real life just fine.

It's Day One and I'm already fed-up. Don't these social media addicts/influencers get utterly bored of the same tit year in, year out?

Reactions: 8
I’m gonna say it… my Mum. I have to mute her on Facebook she makes me cringe to duck. She shared this meme a few days back. Nearly died. My nearly 30 year old brothers nearly blocked her too.
674D931F-4B84-477A-A997-67C1F2B79A2A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Someone on mine moaning they can't go to their child's Christmas play but people can go to pubs, cafes etc. Yeah I get that last year the restrictions didn't make sense but not now , it's the schools choice not the government, take it up with them , they can't win though, they would get slated for letting too many people in the school at once

Reactions: 7
Every twit and their dog making fitness accounts 😩 and I don’t care what you “eat in a day” 😤 it’s usually manky oats anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My mum and her use of Gifs instead of using actual sentences to reply 🤦‍♀️
My family group chat do this all the time 🤣 I well any of them who are over the age of 50 (sorry if that's offensive to anyone on here 😬)

Reactions: 1
and I don’t care what you “eat in a day” 😤 it’s usually manky oats anyway.
Yes! Every female-centric forum I’ve ever been on over the last 20 or so years always has a “what you eat in a day” thread. No one with a healthy attitude to food would ever post on a thread like that.

It’s basically an excuse for competitive under-eating and it’s normalised because all the posters are doing it.

Reactions: 12
Can I complain in this thread about a specific Facebook group? Because I was just wanting to get a convesation going on the Musical Theatre Appreciation Society but within minutes the mod removed my post without saying why. I can't think of anything that could have been wrong with it. I am really sick of gatekeeper mods/admins on Facebook who let the tiny bit of "power" they have go to their heads like this. Why bother running a group if you don't want people to talk? My post was on topic and followed the rules. I am so pissed off. Honestly, duck the internet. I hate what it has done for people being even more socially isolated than ever.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.