Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People asking if x is ok after they saw an accident. Give them some bloody privacy!
Oh yes this really grinds my gears. On our local group someone posted 'i hope the lady who was on the bridge is okay'. Followed by 'she's fine someone managed to talk her down'. Please give this poor woman some respect and privacy!

Reactions: 8
My Facebook feed is full of pictures of all the trees that fell down overnight 🙄
Oh yes, what a snore fest that is. I’ve spared my SM ‘followers’ footage of my greenhouse festooned across my garden after last nights storm 😭 Literally no one cares about this tit apart from the person posting.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This thing on Instagram of videos of newborn 'lockdown' babies with some kind of notion that they are all being born super advanced and able to do stuff way before they should be (crawling , walking)
Most of them just seem to be the newborn reflexs that they lose pretty quickly

Reactions: 6
People who put their whole life on social media then complain when people get involved in it

Reactions: 11
Oh yes this really grinds my gears. On our local group someone posted 'i hope the lady who was on the bridge is okay'. Followed by 'she's fine someone managed to talk her down'. Please give this poor woman some respect and privacy!
Going on from that I’m sick of seeing people who get stuck in a traffic jam, where the cause is some poor person on a bridge, moaning and griping and even saying “let them jump. I’ve somewhere to be”. No thought to the actual person or the services involved. Just their own selfish needs to get to Asda or the local shopping centre etc 😡

Reactions: 3
I'm old enough to remember the storm of 1987 and how bad it was, and people didn't make such a fuss. I don't think they would even if social media had been around. Everyone just did what they could in the cleanup after.

I can't understand why everything has to be blown up into a huge drama.

Reactions: 10
I'm old enough to remember the storm of 1987 and how bad it was, and people didn't make such a fuss. I don't think they would even if social media had been around. Everyone just did what they could in the cleanup after.

I can't understand why everything has to be blown up into a huge drama.
i remember it well..we got a day off school!
Spent the day roaming round looking at all the fallen trees

Reactions: 4
I hate it when someone at work uploads of photo of their desk & they always make sure they have the most complicated looking screen on, laptop open on the side, paperwork all over, work phones on view. The iPad open showing another complicated excel file etc I’m like mate, no one is looking at this & thinks you’re working for NASA. You’re a receptionist at Cars2. Calm darn like

• Haha
Reactions: 22
People complaining they can't go on holiday due to the changes to the covid rules.

Reactions: 8
These phrases:
"we are in the midst of a pandemic"
"don't think covid restrictions allow that"
"can't believe they would do that during covid"
Jog on Janice 🙄

• Heart
Aaghhh this has just reminded me of the other month, I put a relatively modern double bed up on a helping each other group on Facebook. I wasn't asking anything for it because I just wanted it gone. One side of it was a bit damaged, and I had a new one was on the way, I just said whoever can come the soonest to collect can have it.

I got absolutely loads of messages off people with big dramatic sob stories, not being rude but your son being disabled/current living situation/pregnancy/fridge contents has nothing to do with me. Yeah that's sad and I hope it gets better for you but its completely irrelevant. Also all the people asking if I'll deliver it for free, deliver it for a cost, can they have the mattress too, can I hold it for X amount of time whilst they sort their house out. NO. IT IS A FREE BED. READ THE DESCRIPTION.

The people who did come to collect it I did feel sorry for. It was a pregnant teenager, with her dad and grandad. Not being awful but they all smelled really bad and were a bit unkempt, arrived in a really scruffy bashed up van and the girl said wow this apartment building is like a hotel. All my sympathy for the situation went out of the window when her dad started swanning about my apartment telling me he expected the interior to be bigger and better based on the location/cost of the area?!?!!?!?!! Also then he started saying how he used to have an apartment which was bigger, better and had a better view than mine in a similar location but sold it cos he didn't like it anymore 😂 It just made no sense at all. I completely understand that I am in a very fortunate position and they seemingly are not, and what he was doing was more than likely trying to reaffirm in his own head he was just as great, which I have had people do before in my home, just in more subtle ways. If he hadn't have started carrying on like that I wouldn't have thought any more of them, and I would've been happy giving away more used furniture, but now I just take it to the recycling centre because I don't have the time to deal with all the nonsense which comes along with people

So long story short: I hate people who use social media to give unsuspecting strangers a big sob story and I also hate how social media has normalised giving randomers the confidence to swan around having vocal opinions on everything
This! I‘ve offered furniture free to a good home or to charities in the past. I couldn’t believe how fussy the charities in particular were! I had a leather couch that they refused to take because it had a couple of scratches on it - IT’S FREE!!! The safety labels were all there but that wasn’t good enough. I endedup paying to have it picked up by the council, such a waste of good furniture.

• Wow
  • Angry
This! I‘ve offered furniture free to a good home or to charities in the past. I couldn’t believe how fussy the charities in particular were! I had a leather couch that they refused to take because it had a couple of scratches on it - IT’S FREE!!! The safety labels were all there but that wasn’t good enough. I endedup paying to have it picked up by the council, such a waste of good furniture.
My charity shops are so fussy it's unreal. They seem to be striving to be just like high-end botiques and appear to have completely forgotten why people go to charity shops. Boils my piss.

All the celebs and wannabes showing off at getting to go to Winter Wonderland before the plebs do. It always seems to be the same people every year.

Not jealous as from what I hear the place is a total rip-off and actually kind of crap? Just boring seeing the same pictures like clockwork every year.

Reactions: 15
Adverts on Youtube. By now I have to click about 8 times "skip" or "x" in a 10min video. I actually get ads anxiety. - FU Youtube! - Recently I started to simply download most videos off my subscription page as soon as I come home, and then watch them later on one by one from my harddrive. - In total peace. (y)

Reactions: 4
Adverts on Youtube. By now I have to click about 8 times "skip" or "x" in a 10min video. I actually get ads anxiety. - FU Youtube! - Recently I started to simply download most videos off my subscription page as soon as I come home, and then watch them later on one by one from my harddrive. - In total peace. (y)
I just use Adblock. When I was on youtube on a different laptop to mine the other day I was astonished how many adverts there were now. Like 30 secs into a video I was getting 20 second ads one after another.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.