Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People posting their Spotify Wrapped. Why do I care what some else has listened to?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Pictures of trees and decorations with 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas' added

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Whiny posts in my local Facebook group, usually about something minor.

Reactions: 3
Can I complain in this thread about a specific Facebook group? Because I was just wanting to get a convesation going on the Musical Theatre Appreciation Society but within minutes the mod removed my post without saying why. I can't think of anything that could have been wrong with it. I am really sick of gatekeeper mods/admins on Facebook who let the tiny bit of "power" they have go to their heads like this. Why bother running a group if you don't want people to talk? My post was on topic and followed the rules. I am so pissed off. Honestly, duck the internet. I hate what it has done for people being even more socially isolated than ever.
I have similar with a group I am on, it's a kind of appreciation thread for a company. It's run by a group of older people who are very cliquey and really control what people post. If the discussion criticises the company in any way, they shut it down and delete comments. They go to great lengths to stress that they have nothing to do with the actual company but will not let anyone express a negative opinion. They ban or refuse to publish posts that they don't agree with and when a group of members started their own "honest" FB group about the same company, they were banned, and anyone who associated with them was banned too. Absolute control freaks!

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Sick of these videos where they film a Christmas bauble pretending it’s a grenade, there’s a skit from Call of Duty, then they pan out and their decorations are up. I’m seeing it everywhere and it’s so 🤢

Reactions: 12
Elf on the bloody shelf! Their all shite as well at least make a bit of effort if you insist on uploading it everyday 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Elf on the bloody shelf! Their all shite as well at least make a bit of effort if you insist on uploading it everyday 😴
A friend of mine is going away for the weekend with her little boy and she's asked another friend if she will call in to the house while they're gone and set up the elf for them coming back! If she'd asked me out would have been a firm no!

• Haha
People posting hospital selfies. There was one of a lady just after surgery in recovery with an oxygen mask on.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
People posting hospital selfies. There was one of a lady just after surgery in recovery with an oxygen mask on.
This actually scares me a bit because I can see it becoming a thing where you are a weirdo or lying or whatever if you don't want to join in when it's your time in hospital for any reason, no matter how ill you are.

Reactions: 3
I am obviously preaching to the choir here but... rich instagrammers being given free stuff (useful things like kitchen items or baby items) that they could very easily afford and they'll only use once and either throw away or sell to their followers for even more profit. Meanwhile there's so many people in this country who are barely making ends meet and a free microwave/pram/baby clothes would mean the absolute world to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The elves are annoying but it's worse when the parents think it's original giving the elf covid so they don't have to move it around for a few days. Not so funny after the 1000th post 🙄🤣

Reactions: 5
A friend of mine is going away for the weekend with her little boy and she's asked another friend if she will call in to the house while they're gone and set up the elf for them coming back! If she'd asked me out would have been a firm no!
Aww, bah humbug 😂🎄

I definitely would do this for a friend, for the magic it brings to the child.

In saying that, I am also sick of seeing them on social media as if their idea is original.

Aww, bah humbug 😂🎄

I definitely would do this for a friend, for the magic it brings to the child.

In saying that, I am also sick of seeing them on social media as if their idea is original.
Yeah true , it's lovely and magical for the kids ,take photos for your own memories but we don't need an update everyday on social media 🤣

Reactions: 2
I’m sick of that video of the little boy wearing school uniform who talks about punching Santa. It’s gone viral every Christmas for the last few years and I can’t believe that there are still people who claim to have not seen it before.

The child in question must be approaching secondary school age now and is most likely mortified that his embarrassing childhood outburst is all over the internet.

EDIT: it turns out he’s not that old but his name is Jackson and his father‘s name is Jack 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
I have similar with a group I am on, it's a kind of appreciation thread for a company. It's run by a group of older people who are very cliquey and really control what people post. If the discussion criticises the company in any way, they shut it down and delete comments. They go to great lengths to stress that they have nothing to do with the actual company but will not let anyone express a negative opinion. They ban or refuse to publish posts that they don't agree with and when a group of members started their own "honest" FB group about the same company, they were banned, and anyone who associated with them was banned too. Absolute control freaks!
I think I may know which group you mean. If its the cleaning product company, appreciation group I'm thinking of, the admin are very quick to shut down any negative feed back on products or customer service, and very quick to say they are not associated with the company, but regularly post products they have been gifted by the company. I often wonder if there's an agreement, they receive freebies if they restrict negative feedback on products or service

Reactions: 1
I think I may know which group you mean. If its the cleaning product company, appreciation group I'm thinking of, the admin are very quick to shut down any negative feed back on products or customer service, and very quick to say they are not associated with the company, but regularly post products they have been gifted by the company. I often wonder if there's an agreement, they receive freebies if they restrict negative feedback on products or service
Its a travel related company, I'm pretty sure the admins get discount or freebies or something, they seem to have a direct line to the company involved. The company recently went bust, and loads of people lost money, but no one was allowed to criticise even then!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.