Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who have “home” accounts literally just to show off how much money they (/daddy) have.

Reactions: 16
I feel mean saying this as I admire anyone who tries to do what they can to make honest money but someone on my local Facebook page keeps sharing their homemade deserts for sale and it makes me cringe so bad because judging from the pictures alone I wouldn't feed their "treats" to a dog let alone want to try it myself. I squirm with the most awful case of second-hand embarrassment whenever this person posts and still doesn't get any likes.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Seen a post on a help page today a girl begging for "tracksuits and trainers" for her son because he's had a growth spurt and she has to wait until Xmas for clothes off his dad ermm why not ask for the clothes now he's a child not going to want clothes as a present anyway

Reactions: 3
This girl I used to work with is joining in on every single one of those stupid photos share trends on Instagram. The weird thing is that she would seldom post before this became a “thing“.

No, I do not care what the “first video on your camera roll – no cheating!” was and I can’t believe that 21,000 other people have participated in this idiocy either!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
People who film stuff on their phone but keep moving the phone around or panning really quickly. Keep it still or move it slowly! (unless you’re filming a racing car or something.)

Reactions: 4
The ‘What was your baby almost called’ thing going around

The ‘I’m not the prettiest girl’blah blah blah selfie chain that’s doing the rounds again!
So then every hun and her dog comments ‘beautifull’ etc etc etc!
Drop me the duck out 😩

Don't know if it's a sign of the times we live in but I've just seen a photo on Facebook of "baby's first lateral flow test" complete with baby holding said test 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
A friend spilt up with her ex (a mtutal friend) at the start of the first lockdown. Bit bored of her slagging him off for being a tit boyfriend.

People who post every single thing they do in a day just to “prove” they have a life when actually they only go places for the gram and get pictures

Reactions: 9
People slow dripping their wedding pics. Giving all the lucky people a 'sneak peak' of what's to come

• Haha
People that post for sympathy and then when people start asking they say “I’m ok, don’t worry” or “I’m ok” ok karen, don’t bleeping bother writing it cause I don’t give a tit away!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah titally agree there's a local help group where I live and it's similar. I want to put some of my kids old toys on there that I haven't been able to sell but I don't trust them.

Aaghhh this has just reminded me of the other month, I put a relatively modern double bed up on a helping each other group on Facebook. I wasn't asking anything for it because I just wanted it gone. One side of it was a bit damaged, and I had a new one was on the way, I just said whoever can come the soonest to collect can have it.

I got absolutely loads of messages off people with big dramatic sob stories, not being rude but your son being disabled/current living situation/pregnancy/fridge contents has nothing to do with me. Yeah that's sad and I hope it gets better for you but its completely irrelevant. Also all the people asking if I'll deliver it for free, deliver it for a cost, can they have the mattress too, can I hold it for X amount of time whilst they sort their house out. NO. IT IS A FREE BED. READ THE DESCRIPTION.

The people who did come to collect it I did feel sorry for. It was a pregnant teenager, with her dad and grandad. Not being awful but they all smelled really bad and were a bit unkempt, arrived in a really scruffy bashed up van and the girl said wow this apartment building is like a hotel. All my sympathy for the situation went out of the window when her dad started swanning about my apartment telling me he expected the interior to be bigger and better based on the location/cost of the area?!?!!?!?!! Also then he started saying how he used to have an apartment which was bigger, better and had a better view than mine in a similar location but sold it cos he didn't like it anymore 😂 It just made no sense at all. I completely understand that I am in a very fortunate position and they seemingly are not, and what he was doing was more than likely trying to reaffirm in his own head he was just as great, which I have had people do before in my home, just in more subtle ways. If he hadn't have started carrying on like that I wouldn't have thought any more of them, and I would've been happy giving away more used furniture, but now I just take it to the recycling centre because I don't have the time to deal with all the nonsense which comes along with people

So long story short: I hate people who use social media to give unsuspecting strangers a big sob story and I also hate how social media has normalised giving randomers the confidence to swan around having vocal opinions on everything

• Haha
Aaghhh this has just reminded me of the other month, I put a relatively modern double bed up on a helping each other group on Facebook. I wasn't asking anything for it because I just wanted it gone. One side of it was a bit damaged, and I had a new one was on the way, I just said whoever can come the soonest to collect can have it.

I got absolutely loads of messages off people with big dramatic sob stories, not being rude but your son being disabled/current living situation/pregnancy/fridge contents has nothing to do with me. Yeah that's sad and I hope it gets better for you but its completely irrelevant. Also all the people asking if I'll deliver it for free, deliver it for a cost, can they have the mattress too, can I hold it for X amount of time whilst they sort their house out. NO. IT IS A FREE BED. READ THE DESCRIPTION.

The people who did come to collect it I did feel sorry for. It was a pregnant teenager, with her dad and grandad. Not being awful but they all smelled really bad and were a bit unkempt, arrived in a really scruffy bashed up van and the girl said wow this apartment building is like a hotel. All my sympathy for the situation went out of the window when her dad started swanning about my apartment telling me he expected the interior to be bigger and better based on the location/cost of the area?!?!!?!?!! Also then he started saying how he used to have an apartment which was bigger, better and had a better view than mine in a similar location but sold it cos he didn't like it anymore 😂 It just made no sense at all. I completely understand that I am in a very fortunate position and they seemingly are not, and what he was doing was more than likely trying to reaffirm in his own head he was just as great, which I have had people do before in my home, just in more subtle ways. If he hadn't have started carrying on like that I wouldn't have thought any more of them, and I would've been happy giving away more used furniture, but now I just take it to the recycling centre because I don't have the time to deal with all the nonsense which comes along with people

So long story short: I hate people who use social media to give unsuspecting strangers a big sob story and I also hate how social media has normalised giving randomers the confidence to swan around having vocal opinions on everything
🤣 nothing more annoying than people asking for delivery on free items , especially a bed , "yeah I'll just stick in the back of the car what's the address"

I know what you mean, I feel my home is a dump the way my kids treat it but it's probably "posh" to some people and I am far from rich but privileged compared to others.

Reactions: 5
People asking if x is ok after they saw an accident. Give them some bloody privacy!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.