Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing that is seriously grinding my gears atm is trying to scroll through Insta stories but being constantly met with the deliberately placed hyperlinks which you accidentally click on because they are placed where your finger naturally lands on the screen... so you are then taken to a page/link you have absoloutely no interest in. Arghhhhhh. I hate being marketed to in this way.

Everyone is at it atm. Also accidentally voting on someone's shity poll because they placed the answer box deliberately on that area of the screen... Later on they share the 'results' and I wonder what percentage are peoples accidentall votes because NO ONES GIVES A duck!!!!!

Reactions: 20
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but this weekend I have seen so many pumpkins! So many patches! And so many "cutest pumpkins in the patch!" what does that even mean? Pumpkins aren't even cute in the first place?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but this weekend I have seen so many pumpkins! So many patches! And so many "cutest pumpkins in the patch!" what does that even mean? Pumpkins aren't even cute in the first place?
It was me! And yes, whhhhy? Go pick one up in Aldi! Hahahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When influencers advertise something like, I dunno; a eye make up remover and say they use it all the time and the bottle is full 😭
This reminds me of Kathleen Lights, back in the day before the racism scandal. She was going through her eyeshadow palettes and said these Tarte ones were her favourites and she never puts them down but the Tarte name was still embossed in the powder and not touched 😂 I pointed it out and got a masssssive pile on from her fans

• Haha
Sick of seeing filters on babies. They all do it. Why? Babies don’t need a filter, in fact no one does!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It’s when they do this meaning their new baby 🥴 girls your insta cash cow babies can’t ALL be ‘the cutest pumpkin in the patch’ in fact I’d rather an actual pumpkin 🙃

• Haha
People who assume that because you don’t post about your mental health issues on social media, it means you aren't or haven’t been struggling. No, I just like to keep things somewhat private, I can’t think of anything worse than random people that I know but not spoken to in ages knowing about my dodgy mental health. If I had asthma I wouldn’t feel the need to tell everyone about it unless relevant to the situation. I see my depression and anxiety in the same way. If others want to do things differently then I have no issue with that, raising awareness is always a good thing. It’s the assumptions I can’t stand, the whole “if you don’t post it on socials then it never happened” mentality. Not everyone spills their entire life on social media, and most of what you see on social media is fake bullshit anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Someone on my Facebook genuinely posted yesterday "Omg I was shocked at how many pumpkins were at the pumpkin patch" ............ what were you expecting????

• Haha
Reactions: 25
First time pregnant influences dishing out parenting advice…PFO

It reminds me of this

That insta repeat page is amazing 🤣 kinda ironic but still…. Would love to do that with the irush bloggers but I’d have to follow them all first 😬

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
People who assume that because you don’t post about your mental health issues on social media, it means you aren't or haven’t been struggling. No, I just like to keep things somewhat private, I can’t think of anything worse than random people that I know but not spoken to in ages knowing about my dodgy mental health. If I had asthma I wouldn’t feel the need to tell everyone about it unless relevant to the situation. I see my depression and anxiety in the same way. If others want to do things differently then I have no issue with that, raising awareness is always a good thing. It’s the assumptions I can’t stand, the whole “if you don’t post it on socials then it never happened” mentality. Not everyone spills their entire life on social media, and most of what you see on social media is fake bullshit anyway.
I really hate when people post things about people not being there for them, where were you etc, not all of us blast our issues over the Internet my love but we've been dealing with our own tit over here.

Reactions: 14
I really hate when people post things about people not being there for them, where were you etc, not all of us blast our issues over the Internet my love but we've been dealing with our own tit over here.
Omg yes that annoys me so much! It’s like they assume that they are the only ones in the world ever to have problems. Give over🙄

Reactions: 10
Omg yes that annoys me so much! It’s like they assume that they are the only ones in the world ever to have problems. Give over🙄
Exactly - people assume that if you don’t share the intimate details on social media, then you just don’t have any problems

Reactions: 10
I'm sick of seeing wankers with super white glow in the dark teeth that look like their gob is full of fence palings. I often wonder if they can even close their mouth properly over these choppers..😬

• Haha
Reactions: 15
crappy journalism. My local rag shared a story on Facebook about this woman who attacked a teacher. Conveniently they missed out the part where said teacher was noncing her child and other children. Why report half a story? Trying to start a witch hunt on a woman who was sticking up for her child. Shameful, the press in this country is rotten to the core.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
First time pregnant influences dishing out parenting advice…PFO

That insta repeat page is amazing 🤣 kinda ironic but still…. Would love to do that with the irush bloggers but I’d have to follow them all first 😬
They've probably read a book, and consider themselves child care experts

There's so much blatant attention seeking on social media, the platforms just enable the behaviour

Reactions: 3
The universal credit cut, whilst those of us other benefits being completely ignored. And yes, I kmowtheres acourt credit going through about this.

Reactions: 2
The universal credit cut, whilst those of us other benefits being completely ignored. And yes, I kmowtheres acourt credit going through about this.
I agree with this. There are so many 'working poor' in this country who are forgotten about. Our kids aren't getting free laptops, ipads for home schooling or school clothing grants. I know that's a controversal comment but if you are accessing food banks etc then you should not be buying cigarettes from your budget also. Just my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The latest craze "your lad" or "your lass" not even funny and it's all over

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.