Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
One of my pet hates is those people who do a good deed then stealth brag about it on FB. The best one I saw the other day from a woman who said she'd helped a little old lady carry her shopping home as her taxi had dumped her halfway down the street from her house. She then went on to ask if anyone knew how the old lady was and if her family were aware that she'd been helped. One person commented "well you know where she lives, you walked her to the door... Why don't you just, you know, knock and ask her?" I wish I had the balls to say that!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

This.is.me

VIP Member
People who cannot do a charitable deed or good thing without telling the whole world about it. I understand people need to fundraise and stuff and normally you can see when it is genuine and when people are doing it just so they can look good to everyone else.

Also my work colleagues who constantly post stuff about our profession and tag me in things on Facebook. Yes we do a stressful and hard job but it’s like they just want extra praise and thanks all the time 🥱🙄

beckysgummysmile

On Facebook Marketplace posts, when people comment “ohh please can I have this for my disabled / autistic etc son”

Why not just say simply your son or daughter 🤷🏼‍♀️

I always think it makes them sound like they’re after a freebie or something

• Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Then there's the ones who release balloons/lanterns to commemorate the loss of a loved one. You can guarantee that someone (quite rightly IMO) will comment about how damaging it is to wildlife, only to be jumped on by a baying mob telling them to butt out, and it's up to the family how they choose how to grieve. Then the whole thread turns into an argument.
I'm not one for banning things but I would happily sign off the banning of balloon/lantern launches. There was one close to me recently, a lady had been killed whilst tending to her beloved horses in a field. The post said she would be commemorated with a balloon launch. I can't imagine why anyone would think that was a good idea for a person anyone who clearly had a great love for animals.

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
When influencers say something like ‘thank you for supporting my ads as it helps me continue to provide you with free content’. As if we are supposed to be grateful that they share when they last took a shit and be happy for them to receive crazy amounts of freebies and money. Fucking delusional.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I’ve just thought of a new one. People who call children “smalls”.

Just had FB recommend me a group called “Gently raising smalls”. Please god no.

• Haha
  • Wow

Dont swipe up!

VIP Member
Funeral footage
Literally photos and videos of the day in there mass
And even worse selfies with everyone at the event like it’s a night out
Last thing I would want to do when I’m burying and saying goodbye to my relative for the last time
Some things should just stay private out of respect to the deceased

• Heart

slmapg

VIP Member
A few more things

Anyone know any NHS dentists? LOOK IT UP

Is the pizza place open? RING AND FIND OUT

Need a quote for handrails. CONTACT SOMEONE THEN!!

Anyone know how much it is to hire the hall? CONTACT THE HIRER AND ASK!!

Locked out need a locksmith! BLOODY RING ONE THEN AND GET OFF FACEBOOK!

I could go on 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

unnecessary

I hate people who announce that they're taking a break from social media. Like I get if you're an influencer and post on schedule you'll freak people out if you just disappear, but for the average joe - no one's going to care if you don't post for a few days or weeks. They're always the ones who post every single day and tbh it's just a relief they're taking a break 😅

• Haha
  • Heart

Isa Drennan

Chatty Member
People reposting their own posts in their Instagram stories, especially selfies. May as well hold up a sign saying look at me I'm a narcissistic twat!

• Haha
  • Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
When someone’s baby has a birthday and they write “how do I have a 1 year old tomorrow”.

well I don’t want to state the obvious, but as time goes on your child will age. That’s how.

• Haha

BelleAmie

VIP Member
“1 whole year of loving you, where has the time gone?! 💛🤦🏽‍♀️🤣
🤢🤢🤢
An actual quote from Facebook this morning “your growing to quick my little man”.

However, from the many photos this person posts, I can confirm the baby is growing at a normal rate.

• Haha
  • Sick

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
This labelling everything craze. It's dumb,it's stupid and I don't understand it. The things are in a clear jar, you can see what's already in it for goodness sake, you don't need a label to tell you it's cereal, pasta or detergent etc. 🙈 plus the original packaging had the allergies/ingredients, so what if someone needed to know what's in it, you've thrown the packaging away now 🤷‍♀️

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
People like the woman who posted a photo of my clearly very well cared for cat in her garden at 11am on a weekday, breathlessly worried and dramatic because she had never seen this cat before and therefore he was clearly lost.

Cue a billion reply posts of sad faces, advice to take him to a vet, offers to adopt him.

She lived three doors down from me! Oh and my cat had been going in her garden for about two years - she’d just never been home to see it because he only went into her garden when her (extremely loud) kids weren’t home 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Social media is getting right on my tits at the moment.

Someone I know just posted a pic of her and her husband. Saying how today is the first time they’ve been ‘out out’ in 2 years. We must have different definitions of what ‘out out’ means because I’ve seen them at the pub and away on holiday in recent months. Seems like they’ve been ‘out out’ plenty recently. Why do people have to be so hyperbolic?

Last edited:
  • Haha
People profiting off others' grief.

Like many people, I was gutted about Azaylia Cain, so I followed some of her hashtags. It makes me feel sick to see people flogging stuff with her name/picture on, trying to make a buck. Worse was when they sent them to Ashley and Safiyya hoping they'd be featured on their feeds and thousands of followers who were supporting them.

So ugly.
yes some of these tacky ‘tributes’ are just awful and some pages run by people who had nothing to do with her saying stuff like ‘our Angel’ ‘we grieve with you’ seriously fuck off you wouldn’t have a clue what her family are going through

• Heart