Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kofi Annan

This may be controversial but hey, it's Tattle 🤣

Go fund me for the most ridiculous things.
I don't want to read about Chantelle's need for a boob job, or your Nan died and your need for a funeral that is over and above what she wanted needs funding.
I even had one "friend", whilst on holiday in her luxury static caravan, set up a GFM for her dog's vet bills.
Get insurance, put your own money aside, have some forward planning. I am not responsible for your lifestyle choices.

Reactions: 20

Candytuft

VIP Member
I wish people would check their spelling before they post.
Someone on my Local FB page posted that they had lost a badge.
Cue lots of genuinely concerned responses like
What kind of badge ? One for a car ?
No, hun.
What kind was it, then ?
A blue one.
A school badge ?
No. A blue one.

About 20 similar posts and replies later, the OP says...he flew away. He’s a blue badge 😢
I despair
🦜

• Haha
  • Wow

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
Social media grammar nazis who just love pointing out peoples mistakes - get in the bloody bin. Such a dickhead narcissistic trait.
See it all the time on twitter/you tube etc and even seen it on here.
I'm shit at maths and really struggled at school with it but I don't get slated for it so why do people who are shit at English get slated. The key to communication is if you can make yourself understood not whether you've spelled their/there/they're correctly. Most of the time it's typos/predictive texting mistakes anyway.
It might seem like a basic thing not to know or understand but I don't think people realise how condescending and pretentious they come across pointing grammar mistakes out. Its proper knobhead behaviour.

• Heart

theweekend

This is really just a Tattle exclusive thing for me, but those posters you see on almost every thread always claiming to be afflicted with every illness and experienced every situation that is in question at the time. "Well, I've ACTUALLY had brain surgery" and on the next thread it's "I live in an affluent area of Central London" gets the firm side eye from me

• Haha
  • Heart

Damita

Influencers.

I hate IG because if it weren't for it, there would be no influencers.

Long gone are the '08 FB days when people had a FB account to play Candy Crush or Farmville and connect with their crush. Those naïve days are gone. Now every single time you go on IG or YT, someone is trying to sell you some cheap crap you don't need.
I think influencers, along with social media in general and reality TV are among the worst things to happen for society.

Narcissism appears to be off the charts now and the way everyone rubs their good fortune in everyone's faces without a second thought is utterly grotesque. Then there is the dark side where the pressure to keep up with the fake it 'til you make it crowd has resulted in a massive surge of mental health problems including awful self harming and sex crimes.

It makes me despair for young people who know no better, it really does.

• Heart
  • Sad

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
People who post things like

omg jUsT wHeN you FInK it CUdNT get any worse 💔

ilL nOT Be TAkING sHIt fROm ANybodY ANymORe tIMe To PuT mE First

and floods of people comment and ask what’s wrong, what happened and they respond to every person “pm you” “I’ll private message you now”

why not just say what it is or don’t post your cryptic crap!!?! Attention seeking morons
and people comment and ask what’s wrong and they respond to every person “pm you” “I’ll private message you now”

• Haha

Leo100

VIP Member
Screenshot_20210818-161109_Google.jpg

This 🙄🙄 it might have been "cute" the first time it was done but after 1000 times I want to scream. its creeping back up again now term has started again in Scotland , the family lockdown page on fb love it.
Who does it even benefit anyway? Just for social media. Each to their own and sorry if if offended anyone on here but I honestly don't get the hype.
(pic is off Google BTW)

• Sick
  • Haha

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Everything seems to be twee and cutesy on social media these days. I hardly see anyone go on mad rants like back in the early days, I'm sure it's out there though. I think all the humble bragging stuff annoys me more.
I kind of miss when social media was more wild like that. It was messy but more authentic in a Jeremy Kyle sort of way.

Now everyone’s curating their content and trying to pretend they have the perfect life which is boring.

279cupcakes

people who obscure their child’s faces to protect their privacy but still share intimate details about them on social media or use them in ads.
this blogger i quite like talked about how he isn’t going to post pictures of his child’s face to respect their privacy in one post, and in the same post went into detail about how constipated his newborn is 🤔

• Angry
  • Sad

bubbadabut

VIP Member
People who put 'F' or 'Following' on a Facebook post when you can just opt to turn on notifications for the post instead. But if you do turn notifications on, you then get a string of alerts to say that someone has put 'F'. 😖

• Haha
The latest toxicity from seemingly harmless mindfulness, positive thinking stuff.
Someone on Instagram implied that their positive thoughts - along with those of others - saved Christian Eriksen. 🙄
Save money on defibs that, no need to have them on every street corner, just put up some thoughts and prayers people can read out loud if someone collapses in front of them.

Actually, being serious that does a massive disservice to the people that did save his life, his team mate who called for help, the responders who immediately did CPR without panicking about it, the people who have invented the amazing portable defibs we have nowadays that get life saving treatment to people in minutes.

• Heart

Mamacita

VIP Member
eurgh I hate it when people beg! If they can’t afford it then don’t have it! I saw one where a girl had asked people to put towards a house deposit! How about save yourself stupid woman!
A girl I knew once had a go fund me for people to support her with daily driving to uni to do her masters cause she stayed far from the university 🙈 to me that felt like a kick in a teeth after I just struggled through uni barely able to support myself as I had no help from anyone and no loan

• Wow
  • Angry

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
Adverts like the one below...

I love dogs, but if your dog is at the point of killing multiple domestic animals then it is too dangerous to rehome.

Screenshot 2021-08-15 13.07.59.png

• Wow
  • Angry

viewtube

VIP Member
Influencers posing in their underwear, preaching about body positivity, all while photoshopping their pictures. The hypocrisy of it all is lost on them.

Last edited:

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
This labelling everything craze. It's dumb,it's stupid and I don't understand it. The things are in a clear jar, you can see what's already in it for goodness sake, you don't need a label to tell you it's cereal, pasta or detergent etc. 🙈 plus the original packaging had the allergies/ingredients, so what if someone needed to know what's in it, you've thrown the packaging away now 🤷‍♀️
glass jar saying “cornflake’s”

no shit Sherlock

and apostrophe abuse to add insult to injury

• Haha

BonBon27

VIP Member
Just seen someone post happy birthday to their loved one with “your are world”.
I know grammar and spelling isn’t on the top of everyone’s priority lists but basic primary school English covers your and you’re, and are and our 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄

• Haha