Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know a lot of people married to someone from another country or culture. It makes me uncomfortable when a white, English-speaking westerner posts in a really attention-seeking way about something the spouse did that is, in context, perfectly normal: "omg LOL my Korean wife doesn't want to tan on the beach, my Nigerian husband can handle way more spice in food than I can, so wacky and weird!" Just be normal and have some basic respect for the fact that person has come from a different environment than you

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
This may be controversial but hey, it's Tattle 🤣

Go fund me for the most ridiculous things.
I don't want to read about Chantelle's need for a boob job, or your Nan died and your need for a funeral that is over and above what she wanted needs funding.
I even had one "friend", whilst on holiday in her luxury static caravan, set up a GFM for her dog's vet bills.
Get insurance, put your own money aside, have some forward planning. I am not responsible for your lifestyle choices.
This! Someone my daughter went to school with is transitioning female to male. He’s got a Saturday job, fair play but he put up a Go Fund me post on his FB (his mum also put one up on her’s) asking for help for his “top surgery” - £2,000. They live in a massive house in an exclusive neighbourhood - sell your house or rent part of it out instead of asking friends and strangers for money. Not only that, but once the £2,000 had been collected through the kindness (stupidity?) of people, he and his mum then hiked the cost of the surgery up to £3,000 - just to squeeze even more out of people. I doubt the family has had to fund anything themselves and if they do, it’s probably minimal. I’ve got 4 kids and have had some hard times, but I’d never go begging to strangers on SM for money! I do get it maybe in life or death circumstances but most people are just fleecing others

Reactions: 9
Please respect our privacy, I find that a bit rich coming from people who post every boring detail of their life (& their kids) life on line.

Reactions: 18
Agree completely, everyone rushing to have a house in the style of everyone else’s not stopping to think that this ghastly panelling or moody F&B colours will be the wood chip paper / artex of the future. Some houses already look very dated (Clemmie Hooper’s lol)
My friends gran died and her house was really dated so they modernised it before selling it. Took out the tongue and groove paneling, removed the stone clad fire place and plastered the walls smooth. A young couple bought the house and the first thing they did? Put wooden panelling on the walls! Looks more old fashioned than when her gran had it 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
My friends gran died and her house was really dated so they modernised it before selling it. Took out the tongue and groove paneling, removed the stone clad fire place and plastered the walls smooth. A young couple bought the house and the first thing they did? Put wooden panelling on the walls! Looks more old fashioned than when her gran had it 🤣
I legit can’t stand this.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Omg bless your nan’s house, we had similar here with the previous owner loving a creative application of artex, including artex feature walls! The whole house needed re skimming and cost thousands and thousands so why on earth would I stick some horrid MDF on the walls? Even ignoring the fact it looks cheap and nasty when you come to take it off you’ve now got holes in the plaster…?

It’s like I said above everyone’s just having an Insta interiors lite home with grey laminate now :(

Rude influencers who think people are so into them they follow they every move.

Yesterday, I watched a video of a small wannabee influencer on YouTube. She was apartment hunting in that video. Somebody left a comment saying: "Are you moving in with your boyfriend? Hope you guys find the perfect apartment!".

The "influencer" responded: "Thanks, but we announced this a few months ago already".

Can she not comprehend perhaps this person is a new follower or just watches their video sporadically?

The response was really rude and self-centered. She could have simply said: "Thanks, I appreciate the kind wishes/words".

Girl, do you think your life is so great we need to know every bit of it?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I have wooden panelling but been advised not to remove it, as housing association have no idea what's underneath.

So called influencers who are too lazy to come up with original content so copy everyone else and post idiotic let's catch up posts or ask me anything posts. Always the same comments and questions

Reactions: 10
Rude influencers who think people are so into them they follow they every move.

Yesterday, I watched a video of a small wannabee influencer on YouTube. She was apartment hunting in that video. Somebody left a comment saying: "Are you moving in with your boyfriend? Hope you guys find the perfect apartment!".

The "influencer" responded: "Thanks, but we announced this a few months ago already".

Can she not comprehend perhaps this person is a new follower or just watches their video sporadically?

The response was really rude and self-centered. She could have simply said: "Thanks, I appreciate the kind wishes/words".

Girl, do you think your life is so great we need to know every bit of it?
Too many of them think the world revolves around them, completely unrelatable narcissists

• Heart
I may sound cold but how did people pay for funerals before gofundme. I know local authorities offer help to the needy too so why do people need thousands and thousands of pounds for a funeral.
I'm reminded of the Chat magazine story a friend told me about where ten thousand was raised for a funeral but the funeral turned out to be a very modest affair. Three months after the funeral the family went on a big jolly to Spain for two weeks and were posting photos of their fancy villa on social media for everyone to see.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Wood panelling can get in the bin. We had it in our old rental, not because it was trendy but because it was left over from the 70’s and nobody bothered to update it apart from painting over it in magnolia🤢 when I see people putting it in willingly I cringe. It’s going to be so dated in a year or two and the dust in the crevices will be dreadful.

In this house we have artex ceilings and on the walls where the stairs are. But I can live with that I guess since the rest of the house is fairly modern(ish). I’ve wanted to take it off the walls but it’s a big job and I’m only a tenant. Would have been done years ago if it was mine.

Saw someone post a picture of their positive lateral flow test the other day. That was a new one to me. Thought it was a pregnancy test at first and was confused at why a male relative was posting his wife’s pee stick on Facebook.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Omg bless your nan’s house, we had similar here with the previous owner loving a creative application of artex, including artex feature walls! The whole house needed re skimming and cost thousands and thousands so why on earth would I stick some horrid MDF on the walls? Even ignoring the fact it looks cheap and nasty when you come to take it off you’ve now got holes in the plaster…?

It’s like I said above everyone’s just having an Insta interiors lite home with grey laminate now :(
I’m praying artex ceilings make a comeback after recently getting a quote for having the whole downstairs skimmed over 🤣🤯🤑

Come on Insta huns, take one for the artex sufferers and bring it back

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I may sound cold but how did people pay for funerals before gofundme. I know local authorities offer help to the needy too so why do people need thousands and thousands of pounds for a funeral.
I'm reminded of the Chat magazine story a friend told me about where ten thousand was raised for a funeral but the funeral turned out to be a very modest affair. Three months after the funeral the family went on a big jolly to Spain for two weeks and were posting photos of their fancy villa on social media for everyone to see.
I saw someone on FB actually trying to scrounge a couple of horses to pull a carriage for a funeral the other day. Like you can just hook any old horse up to a carriage and it'll be fine with that and know what to do 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m praying artex ceilings make a comeback after recently getting a quote for having the whole downstairs skimmed over 🤣🤯🤑

Come on Insta huns, take one for the artex sufferers and bring it back
In 2-3 years time we will be seeing so many insta huns’ house in the market . I am already sick of the 2018 maximalist trends

• Haha
In 2-3 years time we will be seeing so many insta huns’ house in the market . I am already sick of the 2018 maximalist trends
I suppose they’ll be easy to add personality to as they’ll all just be white, silver and grey 😆

Mine has patterned wallpaper in every room, not one room looks even remotely similar and will probably be a nightmare to sell 🤣 but we love it as it’s us, not Instagram

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve seen a few big accounts say how they’re painting their rooms as they can’t do another winter in a dark room. A lot of them did at the start of lockdown too, cos it’s all well and good making your house look like a boutique hotel’s entrance lounge area until you’re actually spending all day there and feel like you’re going mad.

Can’t believe I’m defending grey but at least it’s relatively inoffensive and easy enough to paint over, I wouldn’t take on a 2018 Insta hell hole unless it was at below market rates tbh as they’re uglier than the old 70s/80s stock.

Reactions: 6
I’ve seen a few big accounts say how they’re painting their rooms as they can’t do another winter in a dark room. A lot of them did at the start of lockdown too, cos it’s all well and good making your house look like a boutique hotel’s entrance lounge area until you’re actually spending all day there and feel like you’re going mad.

Can’t believe I’m defending grey but at least it’s relatively inoffensive and easy enough to paint over, I wouldn’t take on a 2018 Insta hell hole unless it was at below market rates tbh as they’re uglier than the old 70s/80s stock.
I am quite minimalistic at heart, I just couldn’t take tiles like that (basically The Frugality and Erica Davis’ house)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.