Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am quite minimalistic at heart, I just couldn’t take tiles like that (basically The Frugality and Erica Davis’ house)
Those tiles remind me of that weird diagonal effect on walls or wallpaper, with maybe copper lines at crazy angles? Not sure what it’s called, but I don’t get it.

Reactions: 2
When people make comments and think they are so quirky for their ‘alternative life choices’. Saw some ‘comedian’ complaining about the pandemic and saying that if they wanted to waste their thirties they would have got married and had kids. Like,such a boring thing to joke about-oh you are so hilarious and independent with your lack of spouse/kids and everyone else who has these things is just pathetic for getting ‘tied down’.

It’s the same as people who boast of having no house/mortgage while they ‘find themselves’ in Bali or some other cliche. They are usually the people who boast about hating Friends/never watching a single episode of Game of Thrones etc and think they are some kind of trailblazer. Zzzzz

• Heart
Reactions: 19
When people make comments and think they are so quirky for their ‘alternative life choices’. Saw some ‘comedian’ complaining about the pandemic and saying that if they wanted to waste their thirties they would have got married and had kids. Like,such a boring thing to joke about-oh you are so hilarious and independent with your lack of spouse/kids and everyone else who has these things is just pathetic for getting ‘tied down’.

It’s the same as people who boast of having no house/mortgage while they ‘find themselves’ in Bali or some other cliche. They are usually the people who boast about hating Friends/never watching a single episode of Game of Thrones etc and think they are some kind of trailblazer. Zzzzz
Yes!! So true , I think I've already said it here somewhere but it's the same people who think they are "cool and individual" for not knowing a reality star and comment on the sun's article for example saying who? Why bother just scroll past if you're really too good for it

Reactions: 9
Yes!! So true , I think I've already said it here somewhere but it's the same people who think they are "cool and individual" for not knowing a reality star and comment on the sun's article for example saying who? Why bother just scroll past if you're really too good for it
9/10 times they will know who they are. But it's cool to pretend not to.

Reactions: 6
Just in the past week a few people I follow have been posting their creations using stick-on vinyl tiles. If done well, they can look really good but I'm beginning to wonder if some people are colour blind, mixing and (not) matching too many patterns and colours all together in the same space!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
People who commented on BBC or any news on FB, like the BBC is going to read it.
The latest one was the Plymouth incident, BBC shared the picture and the name of the killer and people went like ‘don’t name him, don’t give him fame’ ‘don’t give him airtime’

FFS why do people think they know how journalism works. ETA- what he did was bleeping awful. Suspect/killer will always be named, how is commenting on FB works

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
People who commented on BBC or any news on FB, like the BBC is going to read it.
The latest one was the Plymouth incident, BBC shared the picture and the name of the killer and people went like ‘don’t name him, don’t give him fame’ ‘don’t give him airtime’

FFS why do people think they know how journalism works. ETA- what he did was bleeping awful. Suspect/killer will always be named, how is commenting on FB works
And yet in situations where the suspect hasn’t been named all you get are comments saying “name and shame” literally can’t win lol.

And yet in situations where the suspect hasn’t been named all you get are comments saying “name and shame” literally can’t win lol.
You know what is the worst I have seen, don’t name him, name the poor victims…Janet, why do you think the victims would like to be named?

You know what is the worst I have seen, don’t name him, name the poor victims…Janet, why do you think the victims would like to be named?
It’s like they think being named publicly leads to a life of fame and riches or something. Most victims would not want to be named, Jesus Christ.

I saw one comment under an article about the recent shooting calling everyone out because those saying not to name him probably sit and watch serial killer documentaries on Netflix and I thought what a bloody good point.

Just posted on the Plymouth shootings thread but just wanted to share here too that I am literally in the processs of deleting my social media/limiting it to family only…it’s so so dangerous and we’ve let it infiltrate our lives with horrific outcomes ☹ So sick of everything, the fakeness, the fact you just cannot tell what is real and what isn’t anymore, the burning desire for likes (and for what??) I’m just in the bad place with social media atm and we’ve all been taken in by it and it breaks my heart 💔

edited to add, full honesty, even with tattle I get that rush of satisfaction when I see how many likes my posts get, how the hell do you wean yourself off the addiction??

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Just in the past week a few people I follow have been posting their creations using stick-on vinyl tiles. If done well, they can look really good but I'm beginning to wonder if some people are colour blind, mixing and (not) matching too many patterns and colours all together in the same space!
I saw one account yesterday stick adhesive vinyl tiles the long planks ones you get from b&m onto the wall half way and then stick a table with a plant on in front of it and ask what people thought!!
Have I missed something because it looked absolutely horrific!!

Reactions: 2
"3 years ago today, I said yes. 💍
Since then, we’ve gotten married, had two kids, bought a home, doubled our individual businesses, and even made our debut on HGTV.
"

Why post this on LinkedIn? No one cares! She even used a picture showing off her "massive" engagement ring.

• Haha
  • Wow
"3 years ago today, I said yes. 💍
Since then, we’ve gotten married, had two kids, bought a home, doubled our individual businesses, and even made our debut on HGTV.
"

Why post this on LinkedIn? No one cares! She even used a picture showing off her "massive" engagement ring.
The faux deep written stories about themselves, their relationships and especially families is SO cringe. “Oh *childs name* how we adore you so” 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢 some horrid whimsical Enid blyton caption and the pic of a baby struggling to sit up in front of some tit MDF panelling

• Haha
Reactions: 10
People posting selfies/videos of themselves crying.

Makes a mockery of those who are actually upset and struggling, and seems about the most narcissistic thing ever.

On YouTube:
  • "My 5am morning routine"
  • "My productive morning routine"
  • "A millionaire's morning routine"
Strangely enough, the people doing these morning routines are D-listed YouTubers who don't have full-time jobs (YouTube is not a job) and nowhere near millionaire status.

Thanks, but us "normal" people don't have time for a three hour morning routine.

• Heart
On YouTube:
  • "My 5am morning routine"
  • "My productive morning routine"
  • "A millionaire morning routine"
Strangely enough, the people doing these morning routines are D-listed YouTubers with no full-time job (YouTube is not a job) and nowhere near millionaire status.

Thanks, but us "normal" people don't have time for a three hour morning routine.
💯 normal people roll out from bed 15min before bed!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.