Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am quite minimalistic at heart, I just couldn’t take tiles like that (basically The Frugality and Erica Davis’ house)
Those tiles! With that floor really? Migraine inducing, to be avoided if feeling unwell

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve seen a few big accounts say how they’re painting their rooms as they can’t do another winter in a dark room. A lot of them did at the start of lockdown too, cos it’s all well and good making your house look like a boutique hotel’s entrance lounge area until you’re actually spending all day there and feel like you’re going mad.

Can’t believe I’m defending grey but at least it’s relatively inoffensive and easy enough to paint over, I wouldn’t take on a 2018 Insta hell hole unless it was at below market rates tbh as they’re uglier than the old 70s/80s stock.
I fell into the grey everything phase and regret is so much!
I started at the beginning of the first lockdown painting walls jasmine white before Hinch started stripping her home back to neutral and wicker etc!
Two rooms are still hinched but in the process of being changed
So much easier having neutral walls and then accessories with your theme colour etc
And also looks so much fresher,cleaner,brighter and bigger
neutral walls

Reactions: 4
I fell into the grey everything phase and regret is so much!
I started at the beginning of the first lockdown painting walls jasmine white before Hinch started stripping her home back to neutral and wicker etc!
Two rooms are still hinched but in the process of being changed
So much easier having neutral walls and then accessories with your theme colour etc
tell me you don’t have crushed velvet please! Or anything bling bling. But well done!!

• Haha
tell me you don’t have crushed velvet please! Or anything bling bling. But well done!!
I did!
Cushions and a throw so easily disregarded!
Had bling too but again all gone!
The only thing Hinch left is the diy stick wicker heart 😂😂
But to be fair I was looking at them and was expensive so I caved and copied and I really do like it and it’s just white wicker heart so not so bad

• Haha
When influencers say something like ‘thank you for supporting my ads as it helps me continue to provide you with free content’. As if we are supposed to be grateful that they share when they last took a tit and be happy for them to receive crazy amounts of freebies and money. bleeping delusional.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Also saw this young lady, just fresh out from uni posted “proud to be part of the train commuter…” “busy first week smashing out all the training for xxx, knowing the basis sets you up for the future” she also went ahead to post the screenshots of her training (training are anti bullying, anti bribery, gdpr and health and safety)

I adore her energy and optimism, saddens me that her dream will be crashed because I know the pay and the company. I think there are a lot of expectations among young people to suck up to their boss or public kissing their company.

Reactions: 9
LinkedIn this morning:

Some lady said she just posted this on FB, but felt the need to post it as well on LinkedIn (already this sounds bad).

She advised she was finally debt-free and managed to sell some of her assets. With her renewed financial freedom, she went ahead and purchased a large car and paid for it in cash. The picture in the post was the actual stupid black card.

Hold on! Good job you're debt free woman, but clearly, you don't know how to manage your money. You're debt free and sell your items for cash, yet the first thing you think about doing is purchase a large car in cash? Cars are a depreciating asset. Paying in cash is a bad idea.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Also saw this young lady, just fresh out from uni posted “proud to be part of the train commuter…” “busy first week smashing out all the training for xxx, knowing the basis sets you up for the future” she also went ahead to post the screenshots of her training (training are anti bullying, anti bribery, gdpr and health and safety)

I adore her energy and optimism, saddens me that her dream will be crashed because I know the pay and the company. I think there are a lot of expectations among young people to suck up to their boss or public kissing their company.
Kinda miss the excitement of starting first office based job, it did not last long for me 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Wait until you see posts from fresh out of high-school!

There was a girl who posted about her GCSE results and went on about show excited she was to start an apprenticeship in September at Black & Yellow Big4. She even put as her LinkedIn header: "Future Apprentice at Big4 Name". Girl, we'll see if you're going to remain as excited in 6 months down the line!

• Haha
Wait until you see posts from fresh out of high-school!

There was a girl who posted about her GCSE results and went on about show excited she was to start an apprenticeship in September at Black & Yellow Big4. She even put as her LinkedIn header: "Future Apprentice at Big4 Name". Girl, we'll see if you're going to remain as excited in 6 months down the line!
I feel I am a massive twit for being so negative, good for them for having such a positive outlook. I remember my first proper office job, it was such a let down.

Also people who put EX-xxx on their linkedIN bio

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I feel I am a massive twit for being so negative, good for them for having such a positive outlook. I remember my first proper office job, it was such a let down.

Also people who put EX-xxx on their linkedIN bio
I think we all had a positive outlook when we started our careers haha. Then, the realities of the job market, office politics and workload hit you and you realize things are different.

Gawd I cannot stand LinkedIn - it really is a giant pissing contest as someone so perfectly described it previously.

There's a job search site where I am, where you load a profile and employers can look at that and contact you about opportunities ... it feels very stalker-ish that they can read up about you (it's much like LinkedIn in that regard, and they only see what you choose to put there), yet all you get is an email advising "[company] viewed your profile" - it doesn't state specifically who, or for what purpose.

I think we all had a positive outlook when we started our careers haha. Then, the realities of the job market, office politics and workload hit you and you realize things are different.
Gosh, it seemed sooooo long ago (and was) ... I used to get so, so excited about monthly drinks that were hosted by management. Now, I'd do anything to avoid going to that sort of thing.

Reactions: 3
Gosh, it seemed sooooo long ago (and was) ... I used to get so, so excited about monthly drinks that were hosted by management. Now, I'd do anything to avoid going to that sort of thing.

Young, naive me thought "ooh my first meeting! These will be exciting and full of relevant information for everyone there!"

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Don't forget the pizza and donut haha and lunch meeting, of course

I was so excited to wear my formal clothes lol

• Haha
In the past day or so, I've seen the exact same post posted by three different people in three different unrelated companies acting as though they came up with this when they didn't.

Yet, they still get thousands of likes when they don't even have the creativity / willingness to at least write their own version.

You perform a clear copy and paste to attract likes and this is supposed to make me think you're good at running a company or managing people.
Yeah, no. Try again!

These posts are becoming the LinkedIn equivalent of the Facebook "send this to 10 people if you don't want a stroke of bad luck to hit you for 7 years".

Untitled.png

• Sick
In the past day or so, I've seen the exact same post posted by three different people in three different unrelated companies acting as though they came up with this when they didn't.

Yet, they still get thousands of likes when they don't even have the creativity / willingness to at least write their own version.

You perform a clear copy and paste to attract likes and this is supposed to make me think you're good at running a company or managing people.
Yeah, no. Try again!

These posts are becoming the LinkedIn equivalent of the Facebook "send this to 10 people if you don't want a stroke of bad luck to hit you for 7 years".

View attachment 709830
This just boils my piss.

JUST duck OFFFFFFF

Reactions: 3
Every night this week I've been treated to a Facebook live video from a girl I used to work with. She's on her holidays at Butlins and she's live streaming the evening entertainment 🤣 last night it was an Adele tribute act, and tonight some reject from Britain's Got Talent. I don't understand why? Surely she can't be watching it properly if she's filming it and her arm must be killing her as she's holding it in the air and panning round at the back of people's heads!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.