Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Influencers.

I hate IG because if it weren't for it, there would be no influencers.

Long gone are the '08 FB days when people had a FB account to play Candy Crush or Farmville and connect with their crush. Those naïve days are gone. Now every single time you go on IG or YT, someone is trying to sell you some cheap crap you don't need.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Influencers.

Long gone are the '08 FB days when people had a FB account to play Candy Crush or Farmville and connect with their crush. Those naïve days are gone. Now every single time you go on IG or YT, someone is trying to sell you some cheap crap you don't need.
I think influencers, along with social media in general and reality TV are among the worst things to happen for society.

Narcissism appears to be off the charts now and the way everyone rubs their good fortune in everyone's faces without a second thought is utterly grotesque. Then there is the dark side where the pressure to keep up with the fake it 'til you make it crowd has resulted in a massive surge of mental health problems including awful self harming and sex crimes.

It makes me despair for young people who know no better, it really does.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I just came across a video of a 20-something influencer on YouTube who has less than 400K subscribers. She showed a "typical" Monday then started talking about how she has a cleaning lady who comes every week and helps her out with the cleaning. The girl is a full time influencer who lives with her boyfriend (who has a full time job), doesn't have children and lives in a small Parisian apartment. I'm stupefied. These people live in a different world.

Why would you need a cleaner in her position? She just needs to get organized. If single parents with a 9-5 job can take care of the cleaning, anyone can. This is absolutely ridiculous now. She said she needs a cleaner she can focus her "creativity" on other things. Like what exactly? Taking pictures of yourself. God. Spare me!

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Obviously cream first is the right way 😏 but I’ve literally never seen anyone complain about it ever other than people who live in Devon or Cornwall. Absolutely NOBODY CARES. It’s cream and jam 🤣
Haha indeed. To be honest, I find clotted cream too heavy. Just jam for me!

Reactions: 1
Influencers.

I think you're looking through rose tinted specs there. Even in '08 facebook was pretty trashy. I actually think people have toned it down somewhat.

Reactions: 8
I think you're looking through rose tinted specs there. Even in '08 facebook was pretty trashy. I actually think people have toned it down somewhat.
Well, FB was still in its early stages back in 2008 and not everybody was on it yet. It was around the time it started booming. I don't know who you had in your contacts then, but I don't remember it being near as trashy as IG/TikTok now. IG/TikTok etc... are far more trashy than your 2008 FB. I wasn't a whole lot into FB even back then and deleted my account 5 years ago. I don't think it's rose tinted glasses.

Reactions: 6
Well, FB was still in its early stages back in 2008 and not everybody was on it yet. I don't know who you had in your contacts then, but I don't remember it being near as trashy as IG/TikTok now.
Yes I know. And I wasn't talking about my contacts, just the general vibe of it. It was like myspace's drunken Uncle.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Haha indeed. To be honest, I find clotted cream too heavy. Just jam for me!
I'm not saying I was definitely influenced by these posts but I did buy some jam, clotted cream and scones earlier! Too full up tonight though so 97% decided that I'll probably have it for my breakfast in the morning.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why are we debating scones again, surely they all go in to the mouth, so is kinda same. :ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO::oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This is irrational and probably stupid. I don't know why, but I just cringe at photos of people all dressed up and posing before an event, and the caption says where they are going.. examples

"Kerry and Lee's Gender Reveal"
"Yvonne's 60th Surprise Party"
"Darren and Lucy's Joint Birthday Dinner"
"Jerry's Leaving Drinks"
"Amy's Christening and After Party"

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Tammy Hembrow’s arse. She is an Aussie ‘influencer’ famous for her big bum, always posing with a bit of string in her arsecrack. Calls it a bikini .🤢

Reactions: 3
Tammy Hembrow’s arse. She is an Aussie ‘influencer’ famous for her big bum, always posing with a bit of string in her arsecrack. Calls it a bikini .🤢
Daily Mail are obsessed with her. She's in the sidebar of shame almost daily for no reason whatsoever.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
One of my group chat is constantly being spammed with photos of this persons nephew, not even their own kid. Photo after photo, of this kid with tit all over its mouth, down its front etc. None of us have kids. I am not a kids person and I really don't want to see yet another photo of smeared food.

I started by trying to be polite and saying "aww" as did others but I think this encouraged them to send even more. So now they are ignored by everyone, yet still putting photos up....

Send help!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Twitter page ‘state of LinkedIn’ has some glorious examples of pure twattery

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Today, people who are twenties/ ten years into their careers wishing 'Best of Luck to all A-level students'

Mate, I am sure no 18 years old will check your linkedIn, some people need to get a life haha

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.