Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems I have a Vendetta against LinkedIn, but it's the only social media I use.

Those who post excerpts from religious books as part of a "farewell to the company" post, for instance:

“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven” - Ecclesiastes 3:1

People need to stop. Appreciate the poetic side of it, but I don't think this belongs on LinkedIn.

Unless you work for a religious organization or as a company which routinely sends best wishes for religious holidays, a random corporate worker quoting religious books verses has no place on a professional website in my opinion. I don't care what religion you are. You want to post Bible verses, go on IG or Facebook. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't find it appropriate, the same way I wouldn't find it appropriate to debate religion or politics at work. People need to remember that although LinkedIn is a social media platform, it is to be used for professional purposes.

Another one today. Some person posted a picture of their desk saying "I'm back in the office (hashtag bank name)" and in the background, they had their entire Outlook mailbox open and in display. You could see the content of one open email this person was reading as well as the title of some other emails above which all pertained to banking transactions. You don't even need to zoom in to see the email titles including the amount/currency etc.., email folders etc... They're easily readable. The worst part is the local CEO commented on this post sending them best wishes. Don't they see it's a serious breach? What the heck is wrong with them? I work in banking myself and shocked doesn't even begin to describe what I think of this.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
The local Facebook group arguing about the local council or whatever else they’ve decided to be angry about

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The local Facebook group arguing about the local council or whatever else they’ve decided to be angry about
My local FB group is mostly quiet apart from the one woman who posts every day with either a needlessly picky parking rant or an eco moan. She’s also breathtakingly lacking in self awareness as she’s a giant hypocrite (frequently parks inconsiderately, runs a car and lives alone in a 3 bed house - very eco friendly!). I have a love/hate relationship with my local group, tbh but for some reason I cannot leave it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It seems I have a Vendetta against LinkedIn, but it's the only social media I use.

Those who post excerpts from religious books as part of a "farewell to the company" post, for instance:

“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven” - Ecclesiastes 3:1

People need to stop. Appreciate the poetic side of it, but I don't think this belongs on LinkedIn.

Unless you work for a religious organization or as a company which routinely sends best wishes for religious holidays, a random corporate worker quoting religious books verses has no place on a professional website in my opinion. I don't care what religion you are. You want to post Bible verses, go on IG or Facebook. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't find it appropriate, the same way I wouldn't find it appropriate to debate religion or politics at work. People need to remember that although LinkedIn is a social media platform, it is to be used for professional purposes.

Another one today. Some person posted a picture of their desk saying "I'm back in the office (hashtag bank name)" and in the background, they had their entire Outlook mailbox open and in display. You could see the content of one open email this person was reading as well as the title of some other emails above which all pertained to banking transactions. You don't even need to zoom in to see the email titles including the amount/currency etc.., email folders etc... They're easily readable. The worst part is the local CEO commented on this post sending them best wishes. Don't they see it's a serious breach? What the heck is wrong with them? I work in banking myself and shocked doesn't even begin to describe what I think of this.
LinkedIn is essentially a public masturbating place. After my job hunt, I am delating my LinkedIn altogether.

I saw the biggest dick that I used to work with in the past liked this post -
1628597122213.png

This made me laugh because she is literally the biggest dick I have ever met....(Huel also gave me the creepy vibe)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Panelling I'm sick to death of seing panelling. Its going to be the 20's dado rail.
Agree completely, everyone rushing to have a house in the style of everyone else’s not stopping to think that this ghastly panelling or moody F&B colours will be the wood chip paper / artex of the future. Some houses already look very dated (Clemmie Hooper’s lol)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This actually enrages me.

How is anyone that brainless? The level of incompetence on display staggers me, and the CEO not even being bothered if horrifying. What on earth is the matter with these dipshits?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
LinkedIn is essentially a public masturbating place. After my job hunt, I am delating my LinkedIn altogether.

I saw the biggest dick that I used to work with in the past liked this post - View attachment 706300

This made me laugh because she is literally the biggest dick I have ever met....(Huel also gave me the creepy vibe)
Haha, that's a very straight forward of putting it, but it's true! Nauseating!

I bet 80% of those people who indulge in "moral of the story" type of posts or give grand lectures to people on how to behavior don't even practice what they preach. It's all for show. The amount of BS I see being liked on my feed by people I know/knew personally when their behavioral pattern in real life shows the opposite. Laughable.

I'm planning on disabling mine too once I find a new position I'm fully content with. There's no necessity for me to subject myself to unnecessary BS.

This actually enrages me.

How is anyone that brainless? The level of incompetence on display staggers me, and the CEO not even being bothered if horrifying. What on earth is the matter with these dipshits?
And then people wonder why some banks and audit firms are hit by the regulator. Makes a lot of sense to me! Look at the type of people their hire.

Reactions: 4
Stuff like this that I've just seen. Son week? Says who? 🥴

View attachment 705386
How sad is it that they are only proud of their sons for one week a year, are they complete wasters the other 51 weeks of the year

Influencers.

I hate IG because if it weren't for it, there would be no influencers.

Long gone are the '08 FB days when people had a FB account to play Candy Crush or Farmville and connect with their crush. Those naïve days are gone. Now every single time you go on IG or YT, someone is trying to sell you some cheap crap you don't need.
It's easy work for people who are other wise unemployable, (either bone idol or have no qualifications, or just stupid)

Reactions: 3
This may be controversial but hey, it's Tattle 🤣

Go fund me for the most ridiculous things.
I don't want to read about Chantelle's need for a boob job, or your Nan died and your need for a funeral that is over and above what she wanted needs funding.
I even had one "friend", whilst on holiday in her luxury static caravan, set up a GFM for her dog's vet bills.
Get insurance, put your own money aside, have some forward planning. I am not responsible for your lifestyle choices.

Reactions: 20
This may be controversial but hey, it's Tattle 🤣

Go fund me for the most ridiculous things.
I don't want to read about Chantelle's need for a boob job, or your Nan died and your need for a funeral that is over and above what she wanted needs funding.
I even had one "friend", whilst on holiday in her luxury static caravan, set up a GFM for her dog's vet bills.
Get insurance, put your own money aside, have some forward planning. I am not responsible for your lifestyle choices.
Yep, I am sick of being sent links or tagged in other people’s charity runs. Go cover yourself in dye and do a park run.

This is quite juicy (I think) but one of the admins of my local Facebook group definitely trolls online places like mumsnet. She has this obsession with internet attention and goes around starting groups up, causes trouble and then closes them down.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've got family members on Facebook who are reallllllllllly annoying. The sort to spam your feed constantly with pictures of their cats. They also share missing dog posts from Australia, you know the type. Or send you them stupid chain mail things "if you don't forward this to everyone in your friends list you'll have 7 years bad luck" etc etc etc . But because they're family I can't delete them as they'll moan about it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I've got family members on Facebook who are reallllllllllly annoying. The sort to spam your feed constantly with pictures of their cats. They also share missing dog posts from Australia, you know the type. Or send you them stupid chain mail things "if you don't forward this to everyone in your friends list you'll have 7 years bad luck" etc etc etc . But because they're family I can't delete them as they'll moan about it :ROFLMAO:
You can " unfollow" them , that way youre still friends but only when you look on their timeline to read it 😎😀

• Heart
Reactions: 9
LinkedIn - here we go again. Nepotism at its finest!

Head of XYZ at (Bank/Big4/MBB/Fortune 500).

My son/daughter has just graduated high school and is planning on attending (insert average listed university name). Ultimately, he/she wants to pursue a career in (surprisingly: insert same industry as parent posting). Here is a link to her/his profile. Appreciate if you could connect with him/her.

End quote

First of all, you don't know if your child truly wants to pursue a career in the same industry as you or if you're just placing your expectations upon them. For what we know, they'll probably wind up wanting to work in a different industry comes their college graduation. They don't know what the industry entails and if they did, they probably wouldn't want to pursue a career in it! Not to mention, don't you want your child to learn to struggle by himself/herself and go through every single obstacle any average person went through to get their career going? Your child isn't going to learn about hard work, networking and climbing the ladder. Why are you already handing them a network fresh out of high school? They won't even understand the value of it nor leverage it properly because you're doing the job for them.

Reactions: 4
Those videos of "Americans/Australians/French persons reaction to living in the UK". Gets boring after the first one. Absolutely shocking that different countries have separate taps and different plug sockets and have different names for certain types of food. What a revelation.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.