Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jam then cream, or cream then jam… put it to rest already, every influencer and their dogs are asking rhis
So annoying. And the most absurd thing is it makes no difference
This makes me furious, there is no wrong way, have it how you want it. Imagine thinking that how someone eat a scone has got anything to do with you!

Actually this applies to all food rules, yes I'll eat ketchup with my medium rare steak and you need to go duck yourself if you have an opinion on that!
Imagine the actual mindset of someone being hung up on the jam or cream thing to the point of getting into arguments about it on the internet. Saddos.

I couldn't give a toss about what cornish people say about the right or wrong way. Nobody dictates how I eat my food. It still bloody tastes the same when you shove it in your gob 😃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
People posting their wrists showing that they’ve closed their rings on their Apple Watch. No one gives a flying 😴😴

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I just saw this on LinkedIn this morning. This person posted this as their header/title on their profile: " My next career move will be announced in (month) 2021".

This is a mid-level individual in a former company I worked for (we're not connected, but I came across their profile). I can't stop laughing.

Does this person think people on LinkedIn watch their every career move and wonder everyday what so and so's next career move is? This person is acting like a CEO of a top company or a celebrity about to launch a product. Some people think they're all that.

Hilarious.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I just saw this on LinkedIn this morning. This person posted this as their header/title on their profile: " My next career move will be announced in (month) 2021".

This is mid-level individual in a former company I worked at (we're not connected, but I came across their profile). I can't stop laughing.

Does this person think people on LinkedIn watch their every career move and wonder everyday what so and so's next career move is? This person is acting like a CEO of a top company or a celebrity about to launch a product. Some people think they're all that,

Hilarious.
God I can't stand people on LinkedIn! I used to work for a big company doing call centre type work in a niche thing, and I constantly see all my old minimum wage colleagues who just answer the phone to reset passwords all day posting articles they probably never read to make themselves sound like they do something really important.

Don't start me on the people who change their job title from "customer service assistant" to "customer experience analyst" or some other rubbish!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

This is a mid-level individual in a former company I worked for (we're not connected, but I came across their profile). I can't stop laughing.

Does this person think people on LinkedIn watch their every career move and wonder everyday what so and so's next career move is? This person is acting like a CEO of a top company or a celebrity about to launch a product. Some people think they're all that.

Hilarious.
I need to add - I found this person's profile because they commented on some top executive's post who was saying :"It feels amazing to be back in the office".

Lord. I don't know what's worse. All these executives posting about how great it is to be back in the office (when they had posted similar posts two months ago for some lol) or egomaniacs.

Man, if I was in a job I absolutely loved, I would have removed LinkedIn altogether.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

Hilarious.
Quote - what about this “I tell people that blue blood runs through my veins; I love the firm for everything it has given me and everything it has achieved. I’m proud to be one of the 17,000+ people who make KPMG what it is today and here's to many more good years ahead.”

Lol cringe

• Haha
Pregnant women who have to announce they’re pregnant at any given opportunity. I’ve just seen someone post about using a wet vac on her sofa and she’s put “the things I do at 20 weeks pregnant 🙈

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Pregnant women who have to announce they’re pregnant at any given opportunity. I’ve just seen someone post about using a wet vax on her sofa and she’s put “the things I do at 20 weeks pregnant 🙈
Someone I work with is like this and I'm actually not sure how I'm going to cope for the rest of the year before she goes on mat leave - she literally updates our work group chat with all her appointments and how she's feeling. She announced her pregnancy to the department on a call at 6 weeks! Constant photos of baby tat and scans in the work chats - I know you're excited but this is WORK, not your social media account!

Quote - what about this “I tell people that blue blood runs through my veins; I love the firm for everything it has given me and everything it has achieved. I’m proud to be one of the 17,000+ people who make KPMG what it is today and here's to many more good years ahead.”

Lol cringe
Haha, yeah, that's bad!

Blue blood running through their veins! Yuck. Some people are out of this world. It's crystal clear this person's entire identity (personal and professional) revolves around their job. It's quite sad. Besides, specifically indicating in their post that they're "one of 17,000" just highlights the fact that, unless their are Director and above, their contribution is a drop in the ocean. They're just a number. I understand people might be committed to their job/company, but some people are seriously are over the top.

Reactions: 3
So annoying. And the most absurd thing is it makes no difference

Imagine the actual mindset of someone being hung up on the jam or cream thing to the point of getting into arguments about it on the internet. Saddos.

I couldn't give a toss about what cornish people say about the right or wrong way. Nobody dictates how I eat my food. It still bloody tastes the same when you shove it in your gob 😃
the Collins is off to Cornwall soon bet this will be her argument!

Pregnant women who have to announce they’re pregnant at any given opportunity. I’ve just seen someone post about using a wet vac on her sofa and she’s put “the things I do at 20 weeks pregnant 🙈
I love influencers who do this, as if they are the first woman ever to give birth. Not as if posting selfies on IG is particularly taxing or even a real job. It get boring very fast

Reactions: 10
Ive done the Facebook "unfollow but still friends" thing for several people who announced their pregnancy really early and never shut up with the daily symptoms/bump photos. Can't be doing with that drama for 9 months because you just know as soon as that kid is born, every single life event is going to be documented too, especially with those milestone cards that they like to prop up against them. 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The TellMeWithoutTellingMe craze

Tell me its Friday without telling me its Friday - and they put up a picture of a drink
Tell me your single without telling me your single etc.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
This makes me furious, there is no wrong way, have it how you want it. Imagine thinking that how someone eat a scone has got anything to do with you!

Actually this applies to all food rules, yes I'll eat ketchup with my medium rare steak and you need to go duck yourself if you have an opinion on that!
I think the jam/cream first debate was started by the Devon and Cornwall tourist boards because each county always makes a big thing of it -- e.g. "we're in Cornwall, so it's jam first here!" ... "Don't listen to the Cornish, us Devonians are right with cream first!"

I remember when a National Trust property advertised cream teas in their cafe and, despite being based in Cornwall, they had a picture in an advert (probably a stock image) of cream first. So of course the local rags got hold of it and there was a load of faux 'outrage'. Yawn.

Obviously no one is genuinely offended, it's just a very old joke/advertising campaign that's well past its use by date.

Reactions: 5
I think it’s a TikTok trend, I don’t even have TikTok but it seems to be c&p’d over to IG. That really bloody annoying mashed potato, pointing hand dance they use to answer questions. Is the music called ‘magic bomb’? Usually snarky and not remotely funny or clever. Absolutely relentless and awful.

I think the jam/cream first debate was started by the Devon and Cornwall tourist boards because each county always makes a big thing of it -- e.g. "we're in Cornwall, so it's jam first here!" ... "Don't listen to the Cornish, us Devonians are right with cream first!"

I remember when a National Trust property advertised cream teas in their cafe and, despite being based in Cornwall, they had a picture in an advert (probably a stock image) of cream first. So of course the local rags got hold of it and there was a load of faux 'outrage'. Yawn.

Obviously no one is genuinely offended, it's just a very old joke/advertising campaign that's well past its use by date.
Obviously cream first is the right way 😏 but I’ve literally never seen anyone complain about it ever other than people who live in Devon or Cornwall. Absolutely NOBODY CARES. It’s cream and jam 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.