Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Influencers who say 'women should support women'. That bugs me, why only support women or why support someone just because they are a woman. Personally believe in supporting ANYONE who works hard and doesn't take things for granted
Or jump on the latest bandwagon whether it’s BLM or knitting 🧶 etc

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Influencers who say 'women should support women'. That bugs me, why only support women or why support someone just because they are a woman. Personally believe in supporting ANYONE who works hard and doesn't take things for granted
Exactly this 🙌

Reactions: 3
I know a wannabe influencer who talks drivel about ‘empowering women’ and ‘being true to yourself’. She’s also knocked 10 years off her age and blocked me when I wished her Happy (real age) birthday

• Haha
Reactions: 12
LinkedIn:
Senior management in various companies posting pictures of themselves in front of offices with the following caption: "So great to be back in the office. The energy is amazing".

Go away!

Never seen such posts from more junior resources.
90% of them are white middle aged dude.
“First time putting on a tie/ wearing a suit, so excited to be in the office”

• Haha
Reactions: 5
90% of them are white middle aged dude.
“First time putting on a tie/ wearing a suit, so excited to be in the office”
So true!

They almost sound so excited to be wearing a suit because it's a power thing.

You don't see any woman posting about "first time styling my hair (for it to fall apart after 10 minutes), putting makeup on (when you could have used that 10 minutes for extra sleep) and wearing uncomfortable heels (and bra) (that will come off the minute you're out of there)". Yep, nope.

I know a wannabe influencer who talks drivel about ‘empowering women’ and ‘being true to yourself’. She’s also knocked 10 years off her age and blocked me when I wished her Happy (real age) birthday
omg good one!

Oh oh! Guess this could count. So I left an ex boss who was a complete and utter hole a one star google review. 3 years later he posts libellous stuff about me being fired. Whereon I find Facebook reviews and leave a glowing review there and find a client who hates him too.

with me here don’t duck with me on SM like this man did because libel action is costly abs hard to prove and if truthful also that comes into it too! Husband has asked me “ please don’t feel you have to have the last word always” 👆🏻🤣😂

omg good one!

Oh oh! Guess this could count. So I left an ex boss who was a complete and utter hole a one star google review. 3 years later he posts libellous stuff about me being fired. Whereon I find Facebook reviews and leave a glowing review there and find a client who hates him too.

with me here don’t duck with me on SM like this man did because libel action is costly abs hard to prove and if truthful also that comes into it too! Husband has asked me “ please don’t feel you have to have the last word always” 👆🏻🤣😂
Oh and I mean I wasn’t fired I left after 2 months as man certified lunatic who got a letter from local mental hospital in his private post which he told me to open! Why?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
LinkedIn:
Senior management in various companies posting pictures of themselves in front of offices with the following caption: "So great to be back in the office. The energy is amazing".

Go away!

Never seen such posts from more junior resources.
It’s great because they never do any work

• Haha
  • Heart
True. They're constantly in meetings parading around the office.
Ours have the audacity to act shocked when employee feedback says there’s too much ‘us and them’ but I’m sure that’s a story for another thread 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
So true!

They almost sound so excited to be wearing a suit because it's a power thing.

You don't see any woman posting about "first time styling my hair (for it to fall apart after 10 minutes), putting makeup on (when you could have used that 10 minutes for extra sleep) and wearing uncomfortable heels (and bra) (that will come off the minute you're out of there)". Yep, nope.
Thankfully our office adapted a casual dress code, apart from if we're attending a very important meeting with external clients.

I hate dressing up and wearing suits. They don't make me any more productive.

On the subject of LinkedIn, I refuse to join it because it's all about ego and is full of the usual bollocks. The few times I've read LinkedIn profiles of people I know through work, I've laughed because I know what they do/have done and it's rarely quite as they claim. Plus some of my colleagues are on there despite working in the same place for 20+ years and clearly will never leave until they retire. So what's the point in bigging yourself up? Even if anyone headhunted you, you'd never go.

• Heart
  • Haha
When couples post there musty after sex selfie 🤮 we get it you have sex no keep in to ur self x

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Thankfully our office adapted a casual dress code, apart from if we're attending a very important meeting with external clients.

I hate dressing up and wearing suits. They don't make me any more productive.

On the subject of LinkedIn, I refuse to join it because it's all about ego and is full of the usual bollocks. The few times I've read LinkedIn profiles of people I know through work, I've laughed because I know what they do/have done and it's rarely quite as they claim. Plus some of my colleagues are on there despite working in the same place for 20+ years and clearly will never leave until they retire. So what's the point in bigging yourself up? Even if anyone headhunted you, you'd never go.
I think ultimately, every social media platform is all about "ego". LinkedIn has become worse since the pandemic started as people have been using at as their personal diary. The "look at me, I'm so great" content has become rather nauseating. Plus, I agree, I know tons of people who amplify their actual experiences when the reality is otherwise. I have tons of people in my network who have been in the same company for 15+ years - I really don't understand the point of these people having LinkedIn, really.

Reactions: 2
The same houses!
Everyone has those square cream tiles in there kitchen with an island and hanging ceiling lights. The cabinets are either grey, white or black.
Same goes for the dining room and living room, there's no character and doesn't look lived in at all.

Reactions: 15
When someone 'announces' they're 'taking a break' from social media

🤦 no one cares

2796827_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
When couples post there musty after sex selfie 🤮 we get it you have sex no keep in to ur self x
Thankfully I’ve never seen one of those posts but I remember a few years ago being at a friend’s house with my husband and another couple and her new boyfriend was there. We had met a few times but didn’t really know him well and I really hadn’t taken to him at all. She had some holiday photos she had printed out and handed us the packet to look through and there was one of her lying in bed, naked but with a sheet covering her and with what you might call a ‘satisfied’ look on her face 🤢. He made a big thing of telling us all ‘oh I took that one of X right after I had made love to her’ 🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮. Another time we went round there was a pair of very fetishist shoes that just happened to be casually lying around which he had to point out to everyone. Needless to say we don’t go round any more.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.