Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a few that I’ve seen come up in the last few weeks/months
1) people sharing their Instagram posts in their stories so they can get more likes
2) people changing their profile picture and then changing it back to an older one because the newer one hasn’t got the “desired amount of likes”. And then they change it back to the newer one a few days later to try and get more likes and when this doesn’t happen they change it back to the same older picture
3) constant pictures/updates from hospital. Just message your family and friends
4) constant “baby spam” photos. I do understand you’re happy and it’s an amazing moment in life - but surely it should be a time where you can take photos but don’t need to share every single photo?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
People who say nasty stuff online but if it reaches the national press they then pretend that their account has been hacked.
Recent example the estate agent who made racist comments directed at England players. I'm glad he got sacked from his job. Account hacked my arse.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's that time of year again when the Strictly comment sections are filled with demented owls screeching WHOOO? when they could have spent the two seconds typing that googling said person 😆
Also related to that, when people say "well they can't be that famous because I've never heard of them". I don't think a person's popularity is dependent on whether you personally have heard of them..🧐:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It's that time of year again when the Strictly comment sections are filled with demented owls screeching WHOOO? when they could have spent the two seconds typing that googling said person 😆
Also related to that, when people say "well they can't be that famous because I've never heard of them". I don't think a person's popularity is dependent on whether you personally have heard of them..🧐:ROFLMAO:
Ugh the ‘who?’ Is just so attention seeking it really winds me up! Get out from your mums basement roger and you might know who they are for fucks sake! The same people who think they have a higher intellect because they watch bleeping university challenge

ooh I’m quite aggressive this morning 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hahaha I accidentally did this on the thread yesterday didn't catch myself in time 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Checks into hospital

omg hun what’s happened

I’ll inbox you

fook off 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I am that 🦉You can’t google someone if you don’t know their name, saw aj announced last night google didn’t help. And if you gave me a million guesses as to her job, I would not have said presenter

Reactions: 2
Its frightening that there are so many people like that. I work in a+e you'd be shocked at how many people will take advice from social media for a prolonged period of time and the stroll into our department and demand to be seen immediately. They don't quite grasp, triage tends to identify someone who's waited a week as a lower priority than someone not breathing
This man even provided follow up.
"She is in the ambulance".
"She is breathing again, but needs help".
I used to work in a&e many years ago. In the days before people could take pictures of themselves and put it on social media!

Checks into hospital

omg hun what’s happened

I’ll inbox you

fook off 🙄
Or the other reply: I'm fine.

Reactions: 4
This man even provided follow up.
"She is in the ambulance".
"She is breathing again, but needs help".
I used to work in a&e many years ago. In the days before people could take pictures of themselves and put it on social media!

Or the other reply: I'm fine.
I know what you mean, I've been in a+e for 27 yrs, things have changed so much. I don't understand why anyone would think its appropriate to vlog or post pictures from a hospital. Stacey Solomon, lost my respect when she posted endless pictures when her youngest was in hospital recently. I think social media is addictive to some people and they crave attention and validation from complete strangers and then moan about their privacy or people criticising them. Whatever happened to privacy?

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Look at my feet while I lay on a sun lounger photo.
I've already complained about this here but I hate it so much, why do people post their rank feet on social media:
- on a sun lounger
- standing barefoot or in sandals and the picture is of their feet with something beside them
- picture of their cat or dog and their feet
- picture of their children's dirty feet
- picture of their feet with newly done pedicure

So, so disgusting 😭

Reactions: 6
Driving license found, anyone know this person? IT HAS AN ADDRESS ON IT FFS POST IT TO THEM?

Purse found, here’s a photo of it so anyone can claim it I’ll also throw in the name on the bank cards inside for good measure and where I’ve handed it in. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This gets on my nerves so much!! Same with love island, towie articles etc. Well people who watch the show obv know who they are stop pretending you're some "cool individual" by not knowing who these people are. If you really weren't that arsed you would scroll past

Reactions: 4
Influencers posing in their underwear, preaching about body positivity, all while photoshopping their pictures. The hypocrisy of it all is lost on them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Squeezing into their old wedding dress (and this was before recent Ramsay's wife doing it).

You're showing off you are slim enough to still fit into it and no one cares but are forced into complimenting you and your dated dress.

Reactions: 7
Not SM but people sending WhatsApp/messages early in the morning. Just because you are awake, and it doesn't matter if you think my phone is on "do not disturb" just have good manners to wait for a decent time to communicate (unless an emergency).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
People who post TikTok videos on their Instagram story... if I wanted to watch TikTok... I would go on TikTok??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
People who post TikTok videos on their Instagram story... if I wanted to watch TikTok... I would go on TikTok??
I've found TikTok to be the worst platform ever. Why is the quality of the videos, visual and audio, so incredibly terrible? I find them unwatchable on that alone.

Yet there is no escape. TikTok is the cancer of the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.