Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Social media grammar nazis who just love pointing out peoples mistakes - get in the bloody bin. Such a head narcissistic trait.
See it all the time on twitter/you tube etc and even seen it on here.
I'm tit at maths and really struggled at school with it but I don't get slated for it so why do people who are tit at English get slated. The key to communication is if you can make yourself understood not whether you've spelled their/there/they're correctly. Most of the time it's typos/predictive texting mistakes anyway.
It might seem like a basic thing not to know or understand but I don't think people realise how condescending and pretentious they come across pointing grammar mistakes out. Its proper knobhead behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The summer holidays competitive parenting posts are starting to crop up on Facebook! I know one woman, who, 3 weeks into the summer holidays has already taken her 4 kids on a week's caravan holiday, a day trip to a theme park, the circus, bowling, trampoline Park, strawberry picking, cinema, multiple meals out, ice cream parlour, Starbucks as well as the kids attending various holiday clubs (all free because she's on benefits). She's planning a weekend at Thomas Land and has another week in a caravan booked. Accompanied by a steady stream of photos uploaded to Facebook in real time. I'm exhausted following her, and I wonder how she's going to fill the next 4 weeks!

When you ask her kids did they enjoy themselves they just shrug and say "it was ok". Since when did "making memories" have to involve spending so much money?!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Unpopular opinion but back to the go fund me discussion but I knew someone who set one up for a vets bill when their dog needed an op then sadly didn't survive. I get people treat their pets like family but I don't think it's right.

Reactions: 4
I can 100% understand gofundmes here in the US for medical bills. Our healthcare system is a joke and being sick can bankrupt you even if you have (or can afford) health insurance. Being sick can ruin you financially and completely ruin your credit and then you're fucked. (I've never donated to one though, can barely afford my own med bills).

But these gofundmes shouldn't be necessary in the first place; we need universal healthcare. I hate it here.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Some of the worst gofundme campaigns ever:

The woman who wanted people to fund her journey of "spiritual awakening" with a round-the-world trip is the one that makes me angriest as the others are mainly just stupid, but that one is so entitled omg.

• Wow
Reactions: 7

The woman who wanted people to fund her journey of "spiritual awakening" with a round-the-world trip is the one that makes me angriest as the others are mainly just stupid, but that one is so entitled omg.
And there’s me thinking Go Fund Me weddings were bad enough 🙄.

"Back in 2014, a guy named Adam Dolgin tried (and miserably failed) to get the Internet to pay him to be a stay at home dad for a year. In exchange, he promised to regale the world with his wit and wisdom in a blog about the experience. "I'd like to leave the corporate world behind for a year to take on the role of stay-at-home parent with my kids, and prove once and for all that anything moms can do DADS can do equally." "

Anything moms can do dads can do, but only if someone else is funding it because apparently that's too hard.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Pics of hot dog legs at the beach. Stop pretending to take a photo of the sea, just take a photo of your legs and post it with the cap "please compliment my legs" already

Nobody cares :sleep:

Reactions: 11
I think some parents out there should respect their children's privacy and start abiding by boundaries. I highly doubt people who post such posts on LinkedIn actually bother to get their child's permission beforehand. LinkedIn is a global professional website and you never know who might find these posts when your child is at the stage where they're looking for a job. These people are simply looking for validation and for people to tell them: "you're such a great open minded parent". Good parents know they're good parents and certainly don't need external validation from colleagues and professional peers. It's got nothing to with the nature of the platform. There are so many people in my network who post about their children's personal milestones and I don't agree with this. Unless it is a career or academic milestone, I really don't care if your child has graduated kindergarten or if they attended their prom wearing a fairy costume.
I thought LinkedIn was for your CV and networking, are people using it as a personal feed as well? 😬 I've not been on LinkedIn for years though so maybe it has changed

Reactions: 3
MLM/Pyramid Schemes
Couldn't agree more, sick of seeing certain 'influencers' pushing those stupid lumispa face sanders. They all seem to try and show what's luxurious lifestyle they live yet one of them spends endlessly on herself and her partner,, clothes, jewellery, cars etc, yet her 2 kids look like they've been dressed from a lost property box, she thinks spending £1.50 on a t-shirt for them is the hight of good parenting. It annoys me that itd6known as a scam, yet IG and the ASA fo nothing to stop it

Reactions: 1
Couldn't agree more, sick of seeing certain 'influencers' pushing those stupid lumispa face sanders. They all seem to try and show what's luxurious lifestyle they live yet one of them spends endlessly on herself and her partner,, clothes, jewellery, cars etc, yet her 2 kids look like they've been dressed from a lost property box, she thinks spending £1.50 on a t-shirt for them is the hight of good parenting. It annoys me that itd6known as a scam, yet IG and the ASA fo nothing to stop it
Lumispa :rolleyes: It's just a bloody rubber Clarisonic which half of us owned before Instagram was invented, duck off 😂 so sick of seeing it!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The lad i went to school with who is so desperate for validation he posts EVERY detail of his life in multiple Facebook posts per day. I know more about him than my own family!

He’s been made homeless, had his home repossessed, fought for custody of two girls by two different mothers and has access to one. Posts her every movement on Facebook, forces her into singing/dancing for Facebook content. His latest girlfriend who he refuses to call his girlfriend because of “Facebook spies“.
He cannot do a good deed without posting it on Facebook, his latest one is learning sign language for his partially deaf girlfriend. It’s all over Facebook, every lesson with commentary.

He complains about spies, yet posts so much unrestricted content anyone could see his entire life. It has to be an inherent need for validation and adulation from people, oh and if you dare disagree you’re guilt tripped and his post is deleted. Can’t take any criticism.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
"Influencers" getting their nails done, then putting up a story saying they picked the wrong shape of their nails and the wrong colour combination, whilst tagging the business. Seems like she wants it redone for free by tagging the business.

duck off beggy Mitchell and pay for your own nails if you dislike them.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
"Influencers" getting their nails done, then putting up a story saying they picked the wrong shape of their nails and the wrong colour combination, whilst tagging the business. Seems like she wants it redone for free by tagging the business.

duck off beggy Mitchell and pay for your own nails if you dislike them.
Agree
She is a massive twit for doing that
To broadcast to her thousands and then tag them!
Who the duck does that?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
People who need to announce that they're taking a break from social media. Why? I assume that people who want to get in touch with you will have your contact details, and lets be honest - no one cares about what you post that much. The whole thing isn't world ending
And then they come back on 2 days later posting and commenting as normal pretending they never said it - or worse, that that 2 days was a break. duck off. I've uninstalled fb from my phone and it has been absolute bliss. Don't miss it one bit... I also didn't announce I was leaving 😂

Reactions: 7
People who are unwell, of course the first place to get advice is social media, why bother contacting qualified health care professionals, when you can get dozens of random suggestions from people you've never met. The channel mum, Facebook group is one of the biggest culprits for this. It genuinely shocked me how people were more interested in getting likes and sympathy than getting accurate safe advice/guidance
There was a post last year in one of the local groups.
"My wife has stopped breathing. Any advice?"
People were saying all sorts of things, but only one person advised calling 999.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
There was a post last year in one of the local groups.
"My wife has stopped breathing. Any advice?"
People were saying all sorts of things, but only one person advised calling 999.
Its frightening that there are so many people like that. I work in a+e you'd be shocked at how many people will take advice from social media for a prolonged period of time and the stroll into our department and demand to be seen immediately. They don't quite grasp, triage tends to identify someone who's waited a week as a lower priority than someone not breathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.