Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
eurgh I hate it when people beg! If they can’t afford it then don’t have it! I saw one where a girl had asked people to put towards a house deposit! How about save yourself stupid woman!
A girl I knew once had a go fund me for people to support her with daily driving to uni to do her masters cause she stayed far from the university 🙈 to me that felt like a kick in a teeth after I just struggled through uni barely able to support myself as I had no help from anyone and no loan

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
A girl I knew once had a go fund me for people to support her with daily driving to uni to do her masters cause she stayed far from the university 🙈 to me that felt like a kick in a teeth after I just struggled through uni barely able to support myself as I had no help from anyone and no loan
I really don’t think go fund me pages should be allowed
I have seen one on my feed asking for money for IVF
Now I know this can be very touchy and very sad for people to go through and obviously very expensive
But I don’t agree with asking us the public to help pay for it
We all have our own bills and money issues etc
Like I said I understand it’s heart breaking to not being able to have a baby etc ❤

Reactions: 10
I really don’t think go fund me pages should be allowed
I have seen one on my feed asking for money for IVF
Now I know this can be very touchy and very sad for people to go through and obviously very expensive
But I don’t agree with asking us the public to help pay for it
We all have our own bills and money issues etc
Like I said I understand it’s heart breaking to not being able to have a baby etc ❤
Yeah I agree to an extent. I guess i still think it has a purpose, eg if someone is sick, but really, it shouldn't get to people having to ask online for support, there should be other support available. It could also have a place if people are trying to do something really worthwhile for society but need financial funding. I guess there is no obligation to contribute. But I just don't understand how people have the cheek to set up go fund me for the stupid things, like I've definitely seen some for weddings "go fund our dream wedding" eee nope? Wtf

Reactions: 6
I hate to sound this mean but I hate gofundme! I prefer just giving where the money benefits the charity directly, gofundme has been set up for all stupid reasons and families are taking the funds when it should be given to the charity instead! I understand parents use it for their sick children but I think it should go to the charity that then pays for the child, not profiting the family as some of the funds aren’t even spent on the child
yes I agree, I don’t like go fund me.
if you are raising money for a purpose, for the wider community and greater good, then yes I’m happy to donate. When it’s to improve personal circumstances then it should be down to the person and their immediate support network.
The grey area for me is the costly medical treatment for a sick child eg can only be done abroad, but then again it depends on personal circumstance.

I think the most obvious problem with social media is people. The end.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
People who are unwell, of course the first place to get advice is social media, why bother contacting qualified health care professionals, when you can get dozens of random suggestions from people you've never met. The channel mum, Facebook group is one of the biggest culprits for this. It genuinely shocked me how people were more interested in getting likes and sympathy than getting accurate safe advice/guidance

People who are unwell, of course the first place to get advice is social media, why bother contacting qualified health care professionals, when you can get dozens of random suggestions from people you've never met. The channel mum, Facebook group is one of the biggest culprits for this. It genuinely shocked me how people were more interested in getting likes and sympathy than getting accurate safe advice/guidance
It's because a lot of the ones asking are self diagnosing themselves, and they know an actual medical professional isn't going to give them the answers they want to hear. They just want attention and sympathy, so they stay in these 'support bubbles' with similar types, and they can all live in their delusions without risk of being called out.

It really annoys me actually, people that self diagnose, or use illnesses as a pissing contest. There's this one woman I knew who within a week had decided she had a severe form of back arthritis (after one paid physio session, no MRI/x-ray etc) and went and rented a mobility scooter, and that's all her sm became. 'Her struggle'. None of it was real. She also diagnosed one of her kids with autism, even though 2 schools and a bunch of medical types said he wasn't, she pulled him out to home school him, and he honestly seemed to regress. You could blame munchausens, but I don't even think she has that, she just liked the attention, you didn't want solutions.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The brass front of these people......😐

Reactions: 3
Ah just realised next month is September so that means the back to school photos will be all over fb 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People who need to announce that they're taking a break from social media. Why? I assume that people who want to get in touch with you will have your contact details, and lets be honest - no one cares about what you post that much. The whole thing isn't world ending

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
People who need to announce that they're taking a break from social media. Why? I assume that people who want to get in touch with you will have your contact details, and lets be honest - no one cares about what you post that much. The whole thing isn't world ending
Or the ones announcing a friends cull and if you still this message you made the cut.

You get beggy people in the comments, 'oooo keep me'. Ergh, is so sycophantic!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
It's because a lot of the ones asking are self diagnosing themselves, and they know an actual medical professional isn't going to give them the answers they want to hear. They just want attention and sympathy, so they stay in these 'support bubbles' with similar types, and they can all live in their delusions without risk of being called out.

It really annoys me actually, people that self diagnose, or use illnesses as a pissing contest. There's this one woman I knew who within a week had decided she had a severe form of back arthritis (after one paid physio session, no MRI/x-ray etc) and went and rented a mobility scooter, and that's all her sm became. 'Her struggle'. None of it was real. She also diagnosed one of her kids with autism, even though 2 schools and a bunch of medical types said he wasn't, she pulled him out to home school him, and he honestly seemed to regress. You could blame munchausens, but I don't even think she has that, she just liked the attention, you didn't want solutions.
Couldn't agree more. Being a qualified nurse myself is the reason it bothers me so much, especially when it's a pregnant woman or a parent asking about a child's health. It's one thing to be careless when it comes to your own health but don't take risks with a child or unborn child. There's a few 'influencers' that appear to display text book traits for munchausen syndrome, they constantly seem to crave attention and sympathy. On the channel mum page I did notice quite a few people who appeared to display textbook signs of munchausen by proxy and that is even more concerning.

Even better announce a break from social media only to continue or restart posting 24 hours later. Its all so narcissistic and attention seeking

Reactions: 7
A mum I know is putting school reports on which is bad enough, but captioning it with how the child was so shy and scared and hysterical before and now ✨look at her✨. Like use your brains pls if you wouldn’t want these images or descriptions of you online then please don’t do it to your kids? Like I wouldn’t have a pic of me in my knickers topless in a paddling pool nor would I write a paragraph on my anxiety order and how far I’d come
The worst things I've heard of parents doing is posting/sharing pictures of their child's soiled nappy, or with their child being sick all over themselves.

I can't begin to imagine what the thought process behind doing this would be, or why the parent would ever want to in the first place.

Revolting and disturbing doesn't begin to cover it.

I hate to sound this mean but I hate gofundme! I prefer just giving where the money benefits the charity directly, gofundme has been set up for all stupid reasons and families are taking the funds when it should be given to the charity instead! I understand parents use it for their sick children but I think it should go to the charity that then pays for the child, not profiting the family as some of the funds aren’t even spent on the child
The things I see people create gofundme campaigns for! I can't believe it. I'd be so ashamed if I went begging for the sort of stuff people on there do.

• Sick
  • Sad
"Slimming" accounts with photos of every meal and they're all #ads for some protein bullshit or skinny sauce. Bonus points if they're baked oats/pancakes covered in Nutella/something else sickeningly sweet that no sane person would eat at 7am.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I really hate and i mean it makes me wince

Status that start “when you “ …what ? want to write a bragging show off status on face book ? Or alternatively just “ when” like when xxxx has used the potty….
Or when you book a holiday …
No one cares

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.