Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those posts that say 'GIRLS WITH THESE INITIALS NEED A HOLIDAY TOGETHER' with random initials like J+M. Then someone called Jess tags someone called Mary like 'OMG shall we book Salou girl 🤩 this is a SIGNNNN!!!'

Posts that say 'someone with the initial S owes you a Nandos' so Gloria tags Steph saying 'Nandos date then babe 😘😘'

Posts saying 'OFFICIAL LIST OF THE MOOODIEST GIRLS' With Maxine being on it. Maxine shares with the caption 'omg, so true🤪🤪🤪'

Posts with 'these girls are going to end 2021 pregnant' Clare is on the list. Kimberley tags a Clare 'omg 🤪🤪 when were u gonna tell me'
Or share this post and money will come your way in the next 24 hours 😏😏

• Haha
Reactions: 6
And the name of the account ALWAYS has the house number in! Basic witches 😄
Honestly I despair, and the long floral captions about how gorgeous everything is going to be / now is and #styling the spaces. It’s so weird, you’d never speak to your mates like this so why are you forcing it on us on Insta? We’ve just done our whole house and tbh outside of things bleeping up or people bailing on us there’s not much that would be of interest to the outside world?

Reactions: 2
Those posts that say 'GIRLS WITH THESE INITIALS NEED A HOLIDAY TOGETHER' with random initials like J+M. Then someone called Jess tags someone called Mary like 'OMG shall we book Salou girl 🤩 this is a SIGNNNN!!!'

Posts that say 'someone with the initial S owes you a Nandos' so Gloria tags Steph saying 'Nandos date then babe 😘😘'

Posts saying 'OFFICIAL LIST OF THE MOOODIEST GIRLS' With Maxine being on it. Maxine shares with the caption 'omg, so true🤪🤪🤪'

Posts with 'these girls are going to end 2021 pregnant' Clare is on the list. Kimberley tags a Clare 'omg 🤪🤪 when were u gonna tell me'
The last one, girls tagging their other half like 🙊🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Might be a bit controversial but I really hate when there's a post about a cat being cute/funny outside and the whole discussion is on how cats shouldn't be allowed outside because x y and z

I just want to appreciate the cat being cute damn :rolleyes:
The way even the most mundane topics have to be full of discourse like it's a vital public debate makes me extremely depressed.

Reactions: 4
Women who post pics of the backs of their heads at the hairdressers whenever they've had their hair done. Wow, ombre waves again...I'd never have guessed! It looks exactly the same as all the other times you've had it done 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The toxic positivity. Just stop it please. It's unhealthy to actually try to be positive all the time because we need some negativity in our lives to be able to appreciate the good thing. This goes hand in hand with Happy Monday etc... just duck off.
This a million times!

Nothing makes me feel more bogged down than the toxic positivity movement and it just keeps getting more and more aggressive. We'd not have negative emotions in the first place if we were never meant to feel them. Why can't people accept that?

People saying "season" instead of "series" for TV programmes.

Americans call them seasons. We call them series. If its a British programme, its a SERIES.
This has been bothering me for years but even the TV channels and merch marketing use the "seasons" description now so it's a lot battle.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I don't want to sound like a negative-Nancy, but I'm baffled as to all these people who are posting holiday pictures as if this is 2019 all over again. The pandemic is not over. There is a Delta variant out there.

The non-fitness Instagrammers who post a "workout done" story every single day. You work out, wow. What an accomplishment, especially as we can't see any difference from day 1. LOL. Self-absorbed to the max.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Posting their children in the bath

bleeping STOP IT!!!
If you have cover their PRIVATE parts with an emoji you shouldn’t be posting it at all
With the hot weather too there’s been loads on my timeline of little girls just in their knickers in a paddling pool it makes me feel so uncomfortable and the scary thing is some have their profile set to public.

• Sad
  • Sick
It's just so different now because back in the old days they had to go get the photos developed then they got put in an album in a drawer to embarrass years later. But parents just seem to post anything and everything of their kids now on public platforms. 1. Nobody cares. 2. Parents should think about what they're doing as the kids have no say. 3. Nobody cares.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Celebs and influencers. Boot them all off Social Media. Close down Instagram and what will they do, how will they make money then!!! 😂😲

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Being sent friend requests by people I've never talked to, because we have friends in common.

Reactions: 9
It's just so different now because back in the old days they had to go get the photos developed then they got put in an album in a drawer to embarrass years later. But parents just seem to post anything and everything of their kids now on public platforms. 1. Nobody cares. 2. Parents should think about what they're doing as the kids have no say. 3. Nobody cares.
A mum I know is putting school reports on which is bad enough, but captioning it with how the child was so shy and scared and hysterical before and now ✨look at her✨. Like use your brains pls if you wouldn’t want these images or descriptions of you online then please don’t do it to your kids? Like I wouldn’t have a pic of me in my knickers topless in a paddling pool nor would I write a paragraph on my anxiety order and how far I’d come

• Sad
Reactions: 11
People on social media claiming they are constantly bullied only to see them trolling other people. Maybe bullying to them is someone else defending the self against their trolling. Some people appear to enjoy the drama

• Heart
A few more things

Anyone know any NHS dentists? LOOK IT UP

Is the pizza place open? RING AND FIND OUT

Need a quote for handrails. CONTACT SOMEONE THEN!!

Anyone know how much it is to hire the hall? CONTACT THE HIRER AND ASK!!

Locked out need a locksmith! BLOODY RING ONE THEN AND GET OFF FACEBOOK!

I could go on 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I hate to sound this mean but I hate gofundme! I prefer just giving where the money benefits the charity directly, gofundme has been set up for all stupid reasons and families are taking the funds when it should be given to the charity instead! I understand parents use it for their sick children but I think it should go to the charity that then pays for the child, not profiting the family as some of the funds aren’t even spent on the child

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I hate to sound this mean but I hate gofundme! I prefer just giving where the money benefits the charity directly, gofundme has been set up for all stupid reasons and families are taking the funds when it should be given to the charity instead! I understand parents use it for their sick children but I think it should go to the charity that then pays for the child, not profiting the family as some of the funds aren’t even spent on the child
Yes 🙌

Reactions: 4
My favourite ever screenshot from a selling page (I’ve shared on here before on the threads from influencers on the beg):

6E6970F5-7715-4DAC-BE34-D800ACDF9B80.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 23
going to hell here -
We’ve had a few locally set up to pay people’s friends’ car excesses?! Actually duck off! I know the cost of living is high & wages are low but I find it inexcusable when we’re in a nice bit of London that ppl are begging to pay a £500 insurance excess, and it’s always the case the mate that set it up only gives a tenner too?! Sorry but you either pay slightly higher monthly to get a cheaper excess or you hedge your bets that you’ll not use the insurance and pay the higher excess for cheaper monthly repayments. You can’t get it both ways?!

Reactions: 8
going to hell here -
We’ve had a few locally set up to pay people’s friends’ car excesses?! Actually duck off! I know the cost of living is high & wages are low but I find it inexcusable when we’re in a nice bit of London that ppl are begging to pay a £500 insurance excess, and it’s always the case the mate that set it up only gives a tenner too?! Sorry but you either pay slightly higher monthly to get a cheaper excess or you hedge your bets that you’ll not use the insurance and pay the higher excess for cheaper monthly repayments. You can’t get it both ways?!
eurgh I hate it when people beg! If they can’t afford it then don’t have it! I saw one where a girl had asked people to put towards a house deposit! How about save yourself stupid woman!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.