Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Barry Keoghan. Saltburn was a good film but I’m sick of the sight of him
I keep seeing articles like ‘Barry Keoghan talks about how much he enjoyed THAT scene’ ‘Sophie Ellis Bextor gives her take on THAT scene’ ‘Audiences of Saltburn go wild on social media reacting to THAT scene’

• Haha
Reactions: 11
After Spotify unwrapped and Duolingo people are now sad enough to post what supermarket item they bought most of.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
After Spotify unwrapped and Duolingo people are now sad enough to post what supermarket item they bought most of.
My most bought item in Sainsburys in 2023 was rice. Think I'll give the posting a miss on Instagram 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Tried 'protecting my peace' - nearly had a disciplinary!
This is what gets me about out of touch influencers who do social media for a living. One of the influencers I enjoyed watching has changed so much since getting married and is now trying to equate 'doing social media' to working a full time job. And how she missed posting on Instagram so she could do a food shop, so hard to balance so many things. Literally WTF. Do these influencers not realise that a lot of us do all the things they do r.e housework AND ALSO WORK A REAL JOB!!

Reactions: 17
Don’t hate me… I posted my Tesco unwrapped in the M&S thread 🙈

But yes, why are supermarkets even doing this?! Just give us vouchers or a lifetime supply of our top items or something instead 👀

• Haha
Don’t hate me… I posted my Tesco unwrapped in the M&S thread 🙈

But yes, why are supermarkets even doing this?! Just give us vouchers or a lifetime supply of our top items or something instead 👀
I was embarrassed the other year to find I was the number 1 buyer of a certain food item for my entire Sainsbury's store 🫣 It was a snack and I felt so ashamed 😂😭 I rarely buy that snack anymore 😂🫣

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I was embarrassed the other year to find I was the number 1 buyer of a certain food item for my entire Sainsbury's store 🫣 It was a snack and I felt so ashamed 😂😭 I rarely buy that snack anymore 😂🫣
Ah that's bad they made you feel like that. I got 10th in my city for a specific cheese. That just seems so boring, what's the point in telling me that?!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Aw, what a shame, I'm sorry that they made you feel that way. Which snack was it? Do treat yourself to it again!

Reactions: 1
No time for shame, be PROUD! 'm going to guess...Monster Munch!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This is what gets me about out of touch influencers who do social media for a living. One of the influencers I enjoyed watching has changed so much since getting married and is now trying to equate 'doing social media' to working a full time job. And how she missed posting on Instagram so she could do a food shop, so hard to balance so many things. Literally WTF. Do these influencers not realise that a lot of us do all the things they do r.e housework AND ALSO WORK A REAL JOB!!
If it's too time-consuming and too much for them, surely that's a sign for them to step back into a "regular" job?

Related to this, I find it really off-putting when people who started out normal go on to become popular, quit their day jobs, and then become full-time "content creators" but in the QVC shilling products and constant ads for things kind of way. Instant unfollow. Also when people go on to have children and then that's what ALL of their content becomes… plenty of people have babies everyday and just get on with it… it's nothing new! 🥱

Don't worry, not only was rice my most bought item I was also the number 1 buyer of it in my store 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Aw, what a shame, I'm sorry that they made you feel that way. Which snack was it? Do treat yourself to it again!
Custard creams, Sainsbury’s own brand. I bought one pack week for 52 weeks so clearly I was the most consistent for my store, ha ha
I do get them occassionally now but it did make me think a bit when I saw that stat!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Someone i know has just had a baby and put a load of photos up on facebook, including one where the baby has literally just been born and is covered in stuff :sick: :sick: Do people realise some things don't need to be shared online 😂

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.