Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had the most awful PB hoodie I remember saving up for, it was grey with zebra print sleeves and a blue hood with diamontes and patches. It was incredibly tacky but it certainly wasnt cheap, for teenage fashion anyway!

Tooth jewels disappeared as they should have, but pretty sure people tried to bring them back a couple of years ago with the revival of noughties fashion. Essentially it was a very poor mans gold tooth, it was just a diamonte glued on. They were awful and very often you could see plaque and old mush built up round them where the wearer was too scared to brush near it incase it fell off and it was all you could concentrate on. 🤮
I remember the Paul’s Boutique bags complete with bag charms but what was that other thing out the same time for both lads and girls- tshirts, pyjamas etc with a pic of a monkey on? Was that also Paul’s Boutique? You don’t see Miss Sixty much now either, I remember both Miss Sixty and PB always seemed to be sold in the same shop.

Reactions: 2
I remember the Paul’s Boutique bags complete with bag charms but what was that other thing out the same time for both lads and girls- tshirts, pyjamas etc with a pic of a monkey on? Was that also Paul’s Boutique? You don’t see Miss Sixty much now either, I remember both Miss Sixty and PB always seemed to be sold in the same shop.
Paul Smith I think with the sock monkey. I havent seen that in years! They did alot of pyjamas more than anything I think.

Reactions: 1
I was only saying this to my parents the other day and they reassured me that they still have loads..... yay
I've recently moved into a new house and have seen them again. Usually when it's been hot. had totally forgotten about them!

I remember in the early 2000s it was a thing to pierce a hole in your nail and have a nail charm on it, something like this but a little less professional 🤦🏼‍♀️
That looks really peculiar. It would drive me crazy.

Reactions: 3
That looks really peculiar. It would drive me crazy.
I know, i’m pretty sure it used to come off after like an hour. A ‘bargain’ type shop near me used to sell little kits with a tool to pierce the nail and everything.

That also reminds me of when bandanas were a craze as it was around the same time 🙈

I know, i’m pretty sure it used to come off after like an hour. A ‘bargain’ type shop near me used to sell little kits with a tool to pierce the nail and everything.

That also reminds me of when bandanas were a craze as it was around the same time 🙈
I have a few bandanas which I sometimes use on my head to get the hair off my face. I’m going to try them out as face masks too.

The Shegma scarf worn by chavvy/road types was also popular around the rise of the dreaded nail charm. I dug my old one out for my son to use for his nativity costume. Before then it was only Arabs and the odd Indie kid you saw wearing them.

I used to love Nutty Tart. I remember having a pencil case and some stationery, possibly a bag too?

The Shegma scarf worn by chavvy/road types was also popular around the rise of the dreaded nail charm. I dug my old one out for my son to use for his nativity costume. Before then it was only Arabs and the odd Indie kid you saw wearing them.
Is that the Yasser Arafat scarf thing?

• Haha
Is that the Yasser Arafat scarf thing?
Yes! Those! 🤣 although we wore them round our necks or lower face, I think I might need to give those some good old 00s revival treatment in this current climate.

As for the cigarette talk, B and H Silver were the first fags I became accustomed to and they cost about £1.60 odd for 10 - Gratis points had stopped by the time I took up smoking but I remember my mum and dad often exchanging their Gratis points in Index when I was a kid. There was also Park Road/Lane - I cant quite remember the name but I think it was along those lines, either way they were terrible fags in a weird burgundy box with no filter. Pretty sure he smoked those along with the disgusting rubber smelling Drum Roll tobacco so we didnt steal his fags. My dad has always cut his nose off to spite his face in a bid to troll life.

Yes! Those! 🤣 although we wore them round our necks or lower face, I think I might need to give those some good old 00s revival treatment in this current climate.

As for the cigarette talk, B and H Silver were the first fags I became accustomed to and they cost about £1.60 odd for 10 - Gratis points had stopped by the time I took up smoking but I remember my mum and dad often exchanging their Gratis points in Index when I was a kid. There was also Park Road/Lane - I cant quite remember the name but I think it was along those lines, either way they were terrible fags in a weird burgundy box with no filter. Pretty sure he smoked those along with the disgusting rubber smelling Drum Roll tobacco so we didnt steal his fags. My dad has always cut his nose off to spite his face in a bid to troll life.
Players No 6 seemed to be the favourite cigarette of the adults when I was growing up. I thought I was sophisticated in my early smoking habits, with menthol Consulate, Marlboro long cigarettes which were dark brown (Marlboro More?) - and Sobranie cocktail cigarettes which were gold-tipped and came in pastel colours, how glam and good for posing (in the 80s!)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Players No 6 seemed to be the favourite cigarette of the adults when I was growing up. I thought I was sophisticated in my early smoking habits, with menthol Consulate, Marlboro long cigarettes which were dark brown (Marlboro More?) - and Sobranie cocktail cigarettes which were gold-tipped and came in pastel colours, how glam and good for posing (in the 80s!)
I remember occasionally seeing skinny pastel fags but they were a rarity, I seemed to feel very posh smoking Silk Cut and would smoke those on nights out before they gave us warning packaging. I took up smoking quite late compared to my peers, 19 was ANCIENT back then to smoke a fag, my sister on the other hand was only 10/11! I am 5'6 whilst she is only 4'10 so I am wondering if stunted growth from smoking is actually a real thing!

As for clothing, the brand Lambretta was quite popular in the noughties, I personally wasnt so keen. I was shocked to see a Lambretta store open in our town last year, it lasted all of 4 months before it closed again.

Paul Smith I think with the sock monkey. I havent seen that in years! They did alot of pyjamas more than anything I think.
Was it not Paul Frank with the monkey? I had a monkey tshirt. And a fcuk one.And a David and Goliath one that said 'peas on earth'

I remember in the early 2000s it was a thing to pierce a hole in your nail and have a nail charm on it, something like this but a little less professional 🤦🏼‍♀️
I remember Shola Ama having one when I was young and I used to watch her music videos like wow that’s is beautiful and beg my mum 😂

• Haha
USA high and malibu. Trouble kids TV wasted alot of my life watching it. 😅

Celebs who just disappeared- Jayne Middlemiss. She was EVERYWHERE in the late 90s to mid 00s, lad mags, random guest presenter and the original Love Island when it was celebs only. She doesn’t even pop up in the daily mail occasionally or as a talking head somewhere like the rest of her comtemporaries but she just.... vanished! Maybe she just wants a normal life so good for her.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.