Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been racking my brains trying to remember this range and finally found it, I used to get this range from Tesco but had both of these pencil cases at school!
OMG I definitely had that second pencil case. Totally forgot about it!
Anyone remember pencil cases with “sex” then a picture of a bomb, or “mad” and a picture of a cow?
Yes I remember those! I think you could get them from WHSmiths.

I had these colour changing spoons at my grandparents house and I vaguely remember they were green and changed to white (I think). I’m not sure where they came from, but a quick google brought up a pic so I know I didn’t imagine it😆

There’s loads of tv shows I remember.
One called Ocean Odyssy about these people who basically lived underwater in some kind of underwater facility, there’s a girl who actually lives in the water and she used to talk to some of the characters But they kept her a secret or something... it’s really vague sorry not seen it in a while it used to be on cbbc.

The show Big Kids also on cbbc was a classic! It’s about these parents who get hypnotised into thinking they are kids, but then after that they keep reverting to kids at seemingly random times and they cause all sorts of shenanigans for the kids until they eventually figure out the cause at the end of the series. They kept showing this for a good few years after it originally aired. Need to find somewhere to watch it again, such good telly for a kids show although I’m not sure if I’d still say that after a rewatch🤣

Raven was awesome, the challenges always looked so fun and I loved the whole role playing aspect! I don’t remember anyone ever completing the big one at the end but I’m sure someone must have.
Normal length tops.

It is very frustrating to find tops that I like and then discovering it has a crop! It seems they are all made like this now, even a boxy Tshirt will have a crop to it, even if only slightly.
SO MUCH THIS. All my extra fat congregates around my middle I certainly don’t want to be flashing it to everyone. I have started buying from the men’s section, they don’t always fit as well in the arms/shoulders but I just want a top that covers my fat belly adequately. It’s like women's fashion isn’t actually designed by women at all (would not surprise me if this was actually true).

Superkings we’re always the worst fag brand for me. My mum smokes them and my granddad used to, the blue ones were marginally better than the black ones. Always preferred marlboro lights when I was a teen trying to be cool but would nick the odd superking from my mum and gag my way through it.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Ah those spoons! My mum still has a blue one in her cutlery drawer. Her kids are all in their thirties now :LOL: Think the grandkids still use it

• Haha
Reactions: 2
All those teen mags like Sugar, Bliss and Just 17 seem to have suddenly disappeared! As a 90s teen, we were obsessed with them and lovingly curated them, re-reading the problem pages and admiring the hunks from all the boybands and soaps. Did the internet sadly take over?
Remember every now and then they had “sealed sections” full of like sex advice etc ? I think most magazine are on the verge of disappearing tbh

OMG I definitely had that second pencil case. Totally forgot about it!

Yes I remember those! I think you could get them from WHSmiths.

I had these colour changing spoons at my grandparents house and I vaguely remember they were green and changed to white (I think). I’m not sure where they came from, but a quick google brought up a pic so I know I didn’t imagine it😆

There’s loads of tv shows I remember.
One called Ocean Odyssy about these people who basically lived underwater in some kind of underwater facility, there’s a girl who actually lives in the water and she used to talk to some of the characters But they kept her a secret or something... it’s really vague sorry not seen it in a while it used to be on cbbc.

The show Big Kids also on cbbc was a classic! It’s about these parents who get hypnotised into thinking they are kids, but then after that they keep reverting to kids at seemingly random times and they cause all sorts of shenanigans for the kids until they eventually figure out the cause at the end of the series. They kept showing this for a good few years after it originally aired. Need to find somewhere to watch it again, such good telly for a kids show although I’m not sure if I’d still say that after a rewatch🤣

Raven was awesome, the challenges always looked so fun and I loved the whole role playing aspect! I don’t remember anyone ever completing the big one at the end but I’m sure someone must have.

SO MUCH THIS. All my extra fat congregates around my middle I certainly don’t want to be flashing it to everyone. I have started buying from the men’s section, they don’t always fit as well in the arms/shoulders but I just want a top that covers my fat belly adequately. It’s like women's fashion isn’t actually designed by women at all (would not surprise me if this was actually true).

Superkings we’re always the worst fag brand for me. My mum smokes them and my granddad used to, the blue ones were marginally better than the black ones. Always preferred marlboro lights when I was a teen trying to be cool but would nick the odd superking from my mum and gag my way through it.
Omg I loved ocean odyssey !

Ah those spoons! My mum still has a blue one in her cutlery drawer. Her kids are all in their thirties now :LOL: Think the grandkids still use it
Didn’t they come free in cereal packets ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
All those teen mags like Sugar, Bliss and Just 17 seem to have suddenly disappeared! As a 90s teen, we were obsessed with them and lovingly curated them, re-reading the problem pages and admiring the hunks from all the boybands and soaps. Did the internet sadly take over?
They were the best. I also loved Smash Hits magazine and I'm sure Top of the Pops had a magazine too?

Reactions: 4
I think so?

I loved Live and Kicking magazine. I miss Smash Hits so much :cry:
Did anyone read the word magazine ? They always had a free cd, I discovered lots of amazing non mainstream music from it, but it went bankrupt w few years ago 😢

Reading this has sent me back to my teenage years and realizing how much i miss
Sweater shop-if they brought these back yes my wardrobe would be full
Cadbury spira-wow i used to love these
Icelands ham and cheese waffle shaped crisps- lived on these i swear 😂
Pyramints-the chocolate pyramids with mint liquid inside
Body shop and boots make of white musk wow used to have bottles of them
Tribe by coty-Birthday easter and Christmas perfumes sorted

Wow great memories 😍

• Heart
Yess and TV Hits! Smash Hits was the one with the lyrics in right? I’d hate it when you’d get it hoping for loads of Take That pics and articles but it’d end up with articles on obscure but still fit boybands like Worlds Apart and Bad Boys Inc that endlessly got plugged.

Also I know they’ve not disappeared but are definitely less popular with youngsters- Aussie soaps! Nothing like being off sick and watching them in the afternoon before your mates. Those mags had more about Aussie soaps than Corrie etc it seemed!

Yess and TV Hits! Smash Hits was the one with the lyrics in right? I’d hate it when you’d get it hoping for loads of Take That pics and articles but it’d end up with articles on obscure but still fit boybands like Worlds Apart and Bad Boys Inc that endlessly got plugged.

Also I know they’ve not disappeared but are definitely less popular with youngsters- Aussie soaps! Nothing like being off sick and watching them in the afternoon before your mates. Those mags had more about Aussie soaps than Corrie etc it seemed!
I think I had a Worlds Apart poster on my wall.

Forgot they existed until just now hahaha

• Haha
OMG
Reading this has sent me back to my teenage years and realizing how much i miss
Sweater shop-if they brought these back yes my wardrobe would be full
Cadbury spira-wow i used to love these
Icelands ham and cheese waffle shaped crisps- lived on these i swear 😂
Pyramints-the chocolate pyramids with mint liquid inside
Body shop and boots make of white musk wow used to have bottles of them
Tribe by coty-Birthday easter and Christmas perfumes sorted

Wow great memories 😍
OMG I was talking about sweater shop the other day! Paco too! I know Nafnaf and Benetton are still around in mainland Europe but to me they belong in the same category as
Sweater Shop and 90s schoolbag nostalgia 😂 ooh Tribe and Exclamation were the best, I remember around 1996 everyone seemed to turn their nose up at £5.99 scents like this and suddenly get into pricier stuff like CK1, Tommy Girl and Versace Red Jeans which I hated. remember the animal soaps in the Body Shop and Boots Natural Collection smellies? Loved them.

Watching Neighbours with my nan when it was still on bbc are treasured memories of mine. Neighhhhhbours.... Everybody needs good neeeiiiighhhbourrrsss...

• Heart

I’ve seen neighbours a couple of times since lockdown and having not seen it in over a decade I still recognise so many characters 😂😂😂

• Haha
I listen to '80s music most of the time but lately I've been watching the old episodes of French & Saunders (omg the music parodies and guests, I don't recognise a lot of them from the earlier episodes but their Shakespear's Sister parody 👍)

and The Young Ones (reruns as I wasn't about for the original release) and their musical guests each episode (my lifelong love for The Damned and Madness came from this). Watching these as a kid got me into that music :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I was only saying this to my parents the other day and they reassured me that they still have loads..... yay
Oh my gosh I hated those things as a child. I remember one year my brother sat on a wall, got up and was covered head to toe in the demonic little things.

• Haha
What happened to Paul’s Boutique? It was only 10 or so years ago it was popular but I remember teens at the time being obsessed and I was confused as i found it to be quite flashy and tacky 🤣
I had the most awful PB hoodie I remember saving up for, it was grey with zebra print sleeves and a blue hood with diamontes and patches. It was incredibly tacky but it certainly wasnt cheap, for teenage fashion anyway!

Tooth jewels disappeared as they should have, but pretty sure people tried to bring them back a couple of years ago with the revival of noughties fashion. Essentially it was a very poor mans gold tooth, it was just a diamonte glued on. They were awful and very often you could see plaque and old mush built up round them where the wearer was too scared to brush near it incase it fell off and it was all you could concentrate on. 🤮

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.