Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Celebs who just disappeared- Jayne Middlemiss. She was EVERYWHERE in the late 90s to mid 00s, lad mags, random guest presenter and the original Love Island when it was celebs only. She doesn’t even pop up in the daily mail occasionally or as a talking head somewhere like the rest of her comtemporaries but she just.... vanished! Maybe she just wants a normal life so good for her.
Jodie Marsh too, I think the last time I ever saw her on TV when she was doing a programme on competitive body building somewhere in the mid 00s.

Everyone mocked Jodies work she had done to her face but everyone seems to look like her now.

Reactions: 3
Celebs who just disappeared- Jayne Middlemiss. She was EVERYWHERE in the late 90s to mid 00s, lad mags, random guest presenter and the original Love Island when it was celebs only. She doesn’t even pop up in the daily mail occasionally or as a talking head somewhere like the rest of her comtemporaries but she just.... vanished! Maybe she just wants a normal life so good for her.
She's a radio presenter now, not sure which station though. She was on Pointless Celebrities last year.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Players No 6 seemed to be the favourite cigarette of the adults when I was growing up. I thought I was sophisticated in my early smoking habits, with menthol Consulate, Marlboro long cigarettes which were dark brown (Marlboro More?) - and Sobranie cocktail cigarettes which were gold-tipped and came in pastel colours, how glam and good for posing (in the 80s!)
Never smoked myself but my mum used to smoke Regal (is it still around) and my dad used to smoke ‘bacci’ which was in a green and mustard pouch. We’d get his ‘posh’ bacci from a tobacco shop for his birthday 😂

10 regal were 60p when I started smoking in 1984 as a child. Moved on to silk cuts quickly, a massive 63p!

Smoked expensive Dunhill Internationals for years before settling for Marlboro Lights on holiday in US and quitting altogether.

Reactions: 1
Did anyone used to buy single cigarettes from the newsagents? They would tut and roll their eyes but still take your 10p for a single B&H. :LOL: I remember ten Silk Cut being 55p!

• Haha
This is so random but I just remembered how back when I was a child in the 90’s, when a show on TV was near the end or coming to an ad break that little black and white spinny thing would appear in the top corner. When did that stop being a thing?😆

Reactions: 10
This is so random but I just remembered how back when I was a child in the 90’s, when a show on TV was near the end or coming to an ad break that little black and white spinny thing would appear in the top corner. When did that stop being a thing?😆
I was intrigued by this so decided to look it up...apparently 'cue dots' were still being used in 2014/5, mainly for live broadcasts like final of x-factor, I'm a Celeb GMOOH and football. They have mostly been rendered obsolete because digital tv has a delay which would mean the cue to play an advert wouldn't be timed correctly anymore.

will probably think of some more, I love reminiscing!!:

baby all gone, mmm smells like cherries!
The barbie watch which didnt have the time you just flipped it up and it had a square of hard perfume
cabbage patch dolls
pound puppies, I loved the mummy pup with the three that attached to her tail with a little leash
screwball scramble
crayola stamps, blo-pens, spirograph, fashion wheel, gel pens which were all marbly inside but were sooo faint
I always wanted one of the toy post offices and one of the red dairy milk machines
micro machines toy cars
Wizadora, brum, budgie the little helicopter, spot the dog, rosie and jim, playdays, SMART art
Angela Anaconda, rockos modern world, arthur, angry beavers, ready steady cook
There was a programme on the bbc where it was a game show for children and they had to go in really really messy rooms and find certain things in the rooms to win
jungle run, man o man
anything mary-kate and ashley
miners makeup
tammy girl, bay trading, BHS, kookai
I used to hate Sundays when it used to be songs of praise, last of the summer wine and antiques roadshow
Welcome to AOL, you have email!
AOL message rooms, making really cool email signatures
cringe email addresses, wanting everyone to think you're 'random!', a brief obsession with sporks
going a bit emo and listening to placebo, HIM, nine inch nails, my chemical romance, sum 41, green day for about a week
Then deciding to be cool and listening to the strokes, franz ferdinand, the kooks, snow patrol etc etc instead
Paris and Nicole in the Simple Life
Rimmel Beat perfume was my favourite, it smelled so sweet
Are you born in 1988 like me? I remember every single 😂. I used to try and make snails race on screwball scrabble and I HATED sunday evenings lol - we used to have our Sunday both and picnic dinner on the sofa though - do you remember just William?

Are you born in 1988 like me? I remember every single 😂. I used to try and make snails race on screwball scrabble and I HATED sunday evenings lol - we used to have our Sunday both and picnic dinner on the sofa though - do you remember just William?
I remember all of this too. Baby all gone was the best and I LOVED Tammy Girl and Bay :D

Tv programs like Art Attack and Fun House

Yes all of these 🙌
Remember wise up on channel 4 on a Sunday morning in late 90s like a kids magazine program on issues etc.

I miss Cadbury marble and Doritos 3Ds and honeycomb Yorkie I depleted the high school vending machine of them

I am a 1984 baby, I loved my baby all gone, and Tiny Tears!
Tammy Girl was the main place my mum got my clothes! And before that, when I was a lot younger she got me stuff at Adams.

Body Shop animal shaped soaps and Bath pearls, Impulse 02 (i wish they still made this, i'd bathe in the stuff!)

Art Attack, FunHouse, Finders Keepers, Zzap, Knightmare....
Saturday nights were Gladiators, Big Break, the Generation Game, Noels House Party and You Bet.
Brand new Only Fools and Horses christmas specials, proper selection boxes, kids christmas parties at the local working mens club....

I've said it before but I really miss the 80s and 90s 😔

Turkey twizzlers - I’m a 90’s babe

bloody loved them even though they were basically turkey eyelids

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I am a 1984 baby, I loved my baby all gone, and Tiny Tears!
Tammy Girl was the main place my mum got my clothes! And before that, when I was a lot younger she got me stuff at Adams.

Body Shop animal shaped soaps and Bath pearls, Impulse 02 (i wish they still made this, i'd bathe in the stuff!)

Art Attack, FunHouse, Finders Keepers, Zzap, Knightmare....
Saturday nights were Gladiators, Big Break, the Generation Game, Noels House Party and You Bet.
Brand new Only Fools and Horses christmas specials, proper selection boxes, kids christmas parties at the local working mens club....

I've said it before but I really miss the 80s and 90s 😔
Gladiators and The Crystal Maze were the best

I remember all of this too. Baby all gone was the best and I LOVED Tammy Girl and Bay :D

Tv programs like Art Attack and Fun House
Yes haha! I loved Queens Nose and The Wild House on CITV. I’m always telling my nephew how good kids tv used to be! There used to always be live thing on on Saturday like SM:TV, live and kicking, dick and Dom! Also Top the pops!! The 90’s were the best 😄

• Heart
Yes haha! I loved Queens Nose and The Wild House on CITV. I’m always telling my nephew how good kids tv used to be! There used to always be live thing on on Saturday like SM:TV, live and kicking, dick and Dom! Also Top the pops!! The 90’s were the best 😄
I forgot about The Queens Nose. That program was the best!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.