Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

flamingo29

Chatty Member
I could literally go on for days on this thread 🙈😂

But do they still do gel pens that smell? I bloody loved the cola one 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Twinkle485

Random one. Community spirit. When I was a kid I literally remember New Years street party’s and delivering Christmas cards to all the neighbours or when a lady up our road husband died everyone made her dinner for like a year. There’s no community any more.

• Heart

you will hate me

MTV select

Trouble (cable channel)

When your parents phone bill would come in at 150 quid because you called The Box so often🙈
Waiting for your song to come on The Box

Telephone lines to find out all the details of your fave popbands itinerary

Road shows

Faxes

Brown wage envelopes

20/20

Hair mascara

Live Saturday morning music / pop culture TV shows

The charts - sitting taping each song individually

😊

Al

Home farm twins on CBBC

The candle Christmas decorations that everyone had up their windows

The Millennium dome

Beehive bedlam on sky

Meringue22

VIP Member
Scratch n sniff t-shirts
Ra ra skirts.
Heartbreak high
Sausage and tomato crisps
Cabana bars
Football crazy crisps
Jesters biscuits
Treehouse toy
Pippa doll
Playing out with your mates all summer holidays.
Christmas lasting 2 weeks!!!
I look back with such fond memories of my childhood. I absolutely loved being out all the time. Me and my mates playing out all day everyday. It was the best!

Love this thread! I'm an oldie for here (42!;)) so been around a while......
-80s-
Pyramints/ Mint filled creme eggs/ Applause bars/ These little plastic coffins that used to have sweetie bones in them/ selection boxes that looked HUGE when I was little/ sunday shops shut/Garbage Pail Kids card (banned at our school!)/ Sticker albums and swapping with friends in the playground/ Crappy old computer games that took forever to load/ Dungeons and Dragons cartoon/ Sara Lee frozen lasagne/ Screwballs at the cinema (used to be £1.50 to get in!)/ Flick flack watches/ YY to video shops (used to feel really brave as a kid looking around the Horror section!)
-90s-
Gladiators/Crystal Maze/Gamesmaster on TV- only 4 channels (but actually had stuff you wanted to watch!)/ Pogs/ Spokie Dokies (might have been an 80's thing)/ Naf Naf/Sweater Shop (had a jumper from them, it was £9.99 and at 11 years old thought I was DEAD fancy having one!)/ Arcades at the seaside/ Microwave pizza/ Pop Tarts (they are still around but not the same as the 90's ones)/ Laserdisc players/ Global Hypercolour tees/ Past Times shop......
could go on all day!

bassettbb

Pop Idol and the shock (as an 11 yr old girl in love with him) that Will Young was gay.
PopStars The Rivals and that super sweet fizzy can drink that advertised it... I can’t remember the name but always wanted them!
Everyone being scared of the Millennium Bug / Y2K
Those Apple computer monitors that had different colour acrylic backs that you could see all the wires through.
how expensive “flat screen TVs” were when they first came out
White noise on the tv when you lost reception
The excitement of a cordless landline but you had to pull an aerial up to use it
Answer phone machines - recording your greeting on the little cassette inside
Playing POLO / bulldog / 40:40 He
French skipping
Feeling dead hard when you got a cherry brandy / cider lolly from the ice cream van
Betty Spaghetti dolls
Spirograph
Never getting a Mr Frosty
“Get Set” craft kits.... make your own mosaic picture, chocolate making, candle making, make your own Egyptian statue... basically anything that would fill my Mum with dread at the mess that was about to be created
Argos, Freeman’s and Next catalogues (circling everything in the Argos one in the lead up to Christmas)
The excitement of playing on the motorised cars in ToysRUs
Toys R Us! There’s millions of Jeffries all under one roof....
The Worst Witch
1991 baby?!

I'm remembering more now. It's crazy what you forget with time.
The dial up tone waiting to connect to the Internet
Your Mum needing to use the phone to yap to your Auntie for an hour so having to come off of the Internet
Climbing trees and playing kerbie and chap door run "chappy" (only got caught the once as well, rebel)
Tiny polly pockets no bigger than a lego brick before they made them bigger and you could dress them
Chinese style fans and wallpaper, anything written in Chinese being trendy basically. My bedroom wallpaper was blue and purple with silver Chinese symbols that probably said "twat" and I wouldn't have had a clue
Wild House on TV after school
Saturday night TV went something like:
Hot Spot
Noel Edmonds Fun House
Blind Date
Michael Parkinsons chat show
Family Fortunes

Wipeout on PlayStation one. I don't know if anyone remembers that game but it was the first time I heard The Prodigy as their song was on it
When Dot helped Ethel die in Eastenders which is such a random one for me to remember hahaha
Hearing Wonder Wall by Oasis for the first time and it being my first song I ever learnt the lyrics to
Doing handstands at playtime in the summer in a checkered dress on the school field and singing, "Look for the longest, un, deux, trois" - I was just telling my son about this when I dropped him off at school this morning :( where did all this beautiful innocence go?! Anyway!
Not having computers at school then getting our first computer suite just as I was about to leave the juniors and being one of the first classes to get to use them
Paint (on the computer) and Neopets
I'll probably lie awake now and remember loads more as I can't switch off and it's almost 3am 😩

Last edited:
The Simpsons comic where you could send in your drawings
More Magazine
Wash In-Wash Out hair dye which came in little sachets
download.jpg

Bebo and Piczo
Habbo Hotel
Soap & Glory used to do a really good night cream called "Night Cream in Shining Armour", I always used to get compliments on my skin. They replaced it with another night cream which was no where near as good!
Tammy Girl and La Senza Girl
Puppy in my Pocket
When clothing stores sold really cute clothes and accessories, now most stuff is bland, generic and poorly made IMO
Matey bubble bath
Collection 2000 glitter eyeliner
When The Body Shop paired up in MTV and made a lip butter in aid of a "safe sex" campaign - it was the loveliest lip butter I have ever used

• Heart

midnightrose

VIP Member
The demon headmaster... Biker Grove... Grange Hill... Live & Kicking... Top of the pops! Turkey twizzlers... panda pops... fizzy jerks... cats cradle... pogs... pop out pencil cases... Pokemon cards... my little pony.. polly pocket... the care bears

Fridgepicker

-Green Ketchup
-Crazy Braid hair braider
-Stick on Earrings
-Funky friends stationary
-Betty Spaghetti
-Mona the vampire
-The Mysti Show
-When you were in a bad mood so changed your MSN name to a dot & changed your pic to a blank square (or was that just me 😂)
-Choosing which song to delete off your phone so there’s room for your mate to Bluetooth one to you
-Those plastic Pringle shaped pots you could get about 6 Pringles in
-Lugging my portable CD player about
-Microsoft Paint
-Girl talk magazine
-The dial up tone the massive brick computer made when it was connecting to the internet

Oh, and also these badboys

Attachments