Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

flamingo29

Chatty Member
Whaaat you guys didn’t all wear your blue eyeshadow, blue mascara, foundation 10x darker than your skin shade and glitter lipgloss when you were 13 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

37BBL

VIP Member
Love this thread!!!

Those inflatable aliens
New York yankee caps
Adidas popper trousers
Roller ball lipgloss
Hair mascara
Glitter hairspray

Scvee13

Loved cheese and chive crisps, also the cheese NikNaks, you can still get Sunny Delight in Asda. Cheese and Onion frisps are still around too. We still have phone boxes and ice cream vans that sell ice cream 😂. I miss the Taz bar, a caramel freddo is not the same.

FlipFlop0706

VIP Member
Toffo’s! They were the NICEST toffees in the world. Used to get them all the time in the paper shops when I was a kid but they’ve disappeared now 😫

• Heart

MilkAndTwoSugars

VIP Member
Does anyone remember a shop called Eisenigger? Did jackets, zip up fleeces etc. ALWAYS 90% off! £99 reduced to £8.99 lol, even day 1 on the shelves!🤣

Anyone remember the shop called Au Natural? It sold some right tat but I used to get all sorts from there! Little decorations for my room and things for friends’ birthdays etc. It was full of Playboy stationery and stuff. Remember Pucca? It was like a little cartoon character and they sold all sorts of merchandise. Oh and Punkyfish and Golddigga were all the rage. Ah memories.
Omg yes! I think it was located within The shop "Internationale"? Well at least it was in Newcastle anyways xx

My dad used to collect the vouchers out of his Cigarette boxes for some shit gift that took thousands to collect pack of 3 tea towels 😂
Does anyone remember Esso vouchers that came with petrol? Their gift catalogue was pretty decent and prices were In Esso vouchers 🤣 I remember getting a Slazenger badminton racket and sports bag for school.

Which reminds me, Head bags! 💗

Xhal
Yep used to love these. Gladiators and Baywatch on a Saturday night.
[/QUOChallenge Annika and Generation Game on a Saturday night too :)
You clearly havent been in my place of work 🤮

Are fountain pens still a thing? I remember starting highschool and that's what we had to write in.
Did anyone used to collect the tiny balls from empty ink cartridges and put them in their fountain pens so they rattled?! Oh dear... 🤣🙊🙈

Last edited:
  • Haha

Tit4Tattle

Chatty Member
I love this thread! Anyone remember trouser skirts? I was about 11 I think so about 20 years ago!
I begged and begged for these my mum got them from me from the market....wore them to school and the teacher made me tuck the skirt into the trousers 🙈🙈

• Haha

Bec3007

VIP Member
A phone with an actual cable
Turkey twizzlers
Cadbury snowy bar (I think that’s what it’s called)
A dodgy family friend who would burn movies onto a DVD
Phone books, I haven’t seen one in years

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
Probably showing my age but it was the fashionable to have a Benetton draw string bag ..dark green for school ,

Banana clip ..in your Permed hair

Oh & Lord Lucan....

Monster Munch that turned your tongue blue
Solero/Calippo Shots
Tammy Girl / La Senza Girl / Tiny Image
Harry Potter Electronic Book of Spells (there was a similar Goosebumps book, too)
Sylvanian Families
TY Beanie Babies when they didn't have the huge eyes... also when McDonald's included mini ones in their Happy Meals. I remember Silver the cat. I also liked the Beanie Boppers.
River Island sold a dark green, sequinned slouch bag which was a trend at secondary school, around 2008/2009. The sequins used to snag my tights.
Girls using a Little Brown Bag / Medium Brown Bag from Bloomingdale's(?) as P.E bags
Crayola Stamps
Those cute little felt animal keyrings from Claire's

• Heart

jharpz

1594577589817.png

- David and Goliath merchandise with this image. Pretty sure most girls in my year had this poster in their room
- Adams kids clothes shop that had the apple logo on a moving projector over a hopscotch and you'd race the apple to finish the hopscotch while your mum was picking out your wardrobe
- Internationale clothes shop
- Mizz had a range of jewellery in Argos. I had the watch which I treasured honestly until I was about 14
- Girl Talk magazine then progressing on to Mizz, Shout and Sugar
- Smash Hits and Top of the Pops magazine with free tat
- Squeezit drinks that tasted suspiciously like plastic and looked phallic
- Safeways having a creche where you could be dumped while your parents did the weekly shop and you could only have one drink while you were there
- Shopping centre creches
- Mars Planets / Delights
- The Kit Kat version of Mars Delights that Girls Aloud promoted
- Taz bars (although they're now Freddo Caramels but still)
- Freddos costing 10p
- Salt and Pepper Walkers Sensations (think about these often)
- Next clothes emblazoned with the Next logo
- Octopus trousers
- Tammy Girl and their pants always on offer. Their sizes were also done by height.
- Kickers with the chunky heel

I could go on all day!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha