Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Wow! Still in Eltham? I remember going there for my birthday treat and crying because I wasn’t allowed to go to the new McDonalds on the corner.😆
Yep! I took my mum in there for lunch a couple of months ago - I hadn’t been to one since Christmas Eve 1997 and I’m 30 soon!
Speaking of McDonalds though what happened to McDonalds birthday parties!! Where the birthday kid got the fancy throne and everyone just loved life with a balloon on a plastic stick!

Reactions: 12

bubbletea123

VIP Member
- Galaxy truffles
- White chocolate maltesers
- Starburst joosters
- Nestle bursting bugs
- MSN - loved it as a teenager, haha
- Scented gel pens

coconochanel

VIP Member
Was it More magazine that sometimes had the sealed middle section? These were usually 50 photos of dicks, or boobs, or sex positions?
It was basically my fortnightly sex education during my teen years.
I remember in one issue they had penises of men from all over the world and you had to try and guess what country they were from. :LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow

101d

VIP Member
Remember those little ice strip things you'd place on your tongue and they'd melt, to freshen your breath?

flamingo29

Chatty Member
OK, is anyone else young enough to remember the Sabrina The Teenage Witch magazine? I LOVED it.
Meee 🙋🏼‍♀️ The first episode came with a purple glittery makeup/storage box..

Remember when first episodes of magazines were only 99p and then £5.99 thereafter.. I always just bought the first episode and none after that 🤣

• Heart

Isa Drennan

Chatty Member
Mcdonalds parties
Body shop bath pearls
Avon bronzing balls
Carmen foot spas and face saunas
Minifridges..everything pink in the argos catalogue
Playboy merchandise
Tamagotchis

• Heart

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
A few people have mentioned being milk monitor which i remember too, but we also had.....:the overhead projector job! 👀
Now that was a job that everyone wanted but it came with some pressure let me tell you!
Moving the hymn sheet down in time for everyone to sing along corrr i’d be sweating my pippets off.
From the tiny ant from the tiny ant to the elephantttt to the elephant...from the snake to the kangeroo..😆
the tv in wheels that came into the hall so you could watch one of those for schools programmes like how we used to live

Mrs Pomadour

BHS. Got my first part time job there when I was 16!

And, pedal pushers
I was trying to remember what those trousers were called 😂 anyone remember wearing drainpipe jeans and leg warmers, mind you I was a teenager in the 80s
When Snickers were called Marathons
Space raider crisps
Wham Bars
Sons and Daughters
Danger Mouse

petitspois

VIP Member
remember when River Island used to be decked out like it was some sort of deep south film set with old time music playing? makes no sense when they were selling fashion....

• Haha

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Decent TV - looking forward to avoiding social media once Love Island starts. Absolute shit and sums up what’s wrong with a society obsessed with looks and likes 😒 Stop making stupid narcissistic people famous.

Can you tell I’m not a fan 🧐

• Heart
Reactions: 11

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Is anybody else old enough to remember that horrible loo paper that was essentially tracing paper? We had it at school. Deeply unpleasant. Not sure if it still even exists.
I went to a Convent school and if we needed to trace maps in Geography the nuns would send one of us to the loo for a roll and then we'd hand it round. The funniest thing is that we were so conditioned to it we didn't even question it or think was weird 🥴😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11