Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scubasf

Pre and early teen kids that actually look like kids. Nowadays they all wear more makeup daily than I do on a night out plus tight clothes and crop tops. When I was 12 I lived in my Gap hoodie and baggy jeans. Speaking of which...Gap hoodies have also disappeared
I am often gobsmacked by how good teenage girls figures are. Then I realise that ours were probable that good too - it’s just that nobody wore skintight stuff then - it was all baggy jeans and T-shirts and stuff so you’d never know what our bodies were like under there.

Reactions: 10

Motherofcats

I think this is my favourite thread! So many memories.

Can anybody remember these fizzy drinks that came in a clear can with little orange jelly balls floating around?? To be fair could of been our shop, right dodgite place! Sold single fags to all the kids for 25p 😅

Cotton candy that turned into bubble gum
Cheese snaps 💔
Ending any notes to friends or love notes with ‘IDST’ (if destroyed still true)
Tazo’s...with all the Warner bros characters on.
Jelly shoes & the blisters that came with them!
All the girls wore the same black school trousers, tighter the better up top but flared. They were basically made of elastic and would bobble on the bum ‘bum fluff’ so you’d have to singe it off with a lighter.

atiekay7

A few people have mentioned being milk monitor which i remember too, but we also had.....:the overhead projector job! 👀
Now that was a job that everyone wanted but it came with some pressure let me tell you!
Moving the hymn sheet down in time for everyone to sing along corrr i’d be sweating my pippets off.
From the tiny ant from the tiny ant to the elephantttt to the elephant...from the snake to the kangeroo..😆
Hope I’ve done this right! We still sing this song in school now (I work in year 1) we also sing the Paintbox song ‘cauliflowers fluffy and cabbages green’

• Haha
  • Heart

Somerville12

VIP Member
Woolworths!!!! I still have , and my daughter who is 24 loves we 've still got her Groovy Chick Woolies kids duvet set!! I still have good old Woolies cds nursery rhymes, Julia Donaldson stories on cd... Simple maths CD s.... after a story she she she go to sleep to a cd. I teach in primary.... Not a single CD player or laptop with disk drive at my school so I cant copy them onto school server or memory stick .Technology great but even my daughter at 24 says her generation is the last to remember flip phones, dvds. She has a wall of dvds in the lounge... Xmas and bdays was write me a list dvds I can buy you. we 've had a few interesting chats about world and tech changes in her life. She remembers me doing my primary teaching cert when she was in primary and the dial up tone!!! She remembers being a teen before Facebook or internet on phones!! Really interesting chats we 've had... And how diff for her kids it will be!!!!!

Reactions: 9

SavvyBee

VIP Member
I also loved that programme where kids got to redesign two or three rooms in the house - parents would go away and come back and their kitchen would be like a 50s diner, a slice would replace the stairs and the bathroom would be like a rainforest etc etc. Used to realllllly want to go on that show!

Horatio

VIP Member
Yes, it was mid 2000s and a lot of fun. I had to transcribe some celebrity interviews, got to go on photoshoots, etc.
That’s cool, meet anyone notable? I feel like every bliss female celebrity profile was essentially the same. It always portrayed her as kind, down to earth (essential phrase ) with some detail showing her genuine interest in the interviewers life, probably wearing baggy jumper, jeans , hair in a ‘loose ponytail’ and ‘natural’ make up - tho still stunningly beautiful, emphasised. Probably holding “a mug of herbal tea with both hands” at her home or hotel , sat in an armchair “legs tucked under her.” Why were the legs always tucked under? She would be thoughtful but not opinionated, assertive but humble and most of all totally normal.... maybe even a bit scatty sometimes (!wow)... just like chatting to your best friend.....

• Haha

Keepitw0nky

Chatty Member
Those bath pearl things that had liquid inside and left a slimy bit on the bottom of the bath

Toys in cereal boxes

Meezy

Blue jeans magazine ( I actually got my photo printed in “meet a reader”🤣
Scholls the bottoms were wooden and you used to set your neck when you walked
Brookside
Going into your local music store to get the number one record and the shelf was empty and you were devastated
Paying 11p for a tab and a match at certain shops in our area 🥴
Sarah Kay bedding / bean bags
The wall paper with pink/ blue clouds on ..also had a brush and mirror to match
Dalmatian dog jumper it was reversible with paws 🐾 on one side and a Dalmatian on the other
Geordie jeans
Pea shooters
Those things you used to poke your tea towels in to hang up and nearly pull your finger off if you pushed to far
Brookside!! Jimmy, Mick and Sinbad have just came flooding back to me! 😂😂 does anyone remember the storyline where Mick's daughter got her period but was trying to hide it from him, so to try and make her feel less embarrassed he threw her a period party?! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

flamingo29

Chatty Member
If anybody wants a trip down memory lane Argos have every catalogue online that you can browse through, going all the way back to the 1970s, just google ‘Argos Book of Dreams’

I can’t believe how many things I vividly remember circling as a child at christmas time 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
remember when River Island used to be decked out like it was some sort of deep south film set with old time music playing? makes no sense when they were selling fashion....
i remember when River Island used to be Chelsea Girl ! ..every Saturday me and my friends used to go to CG in the 80s

Hayles1990

Kinder eggs from my childhood, they do not taste the same anymore. I used to get so excited about kinder egg chocolate, tasted some of my sons and is NOT the same. So disappointing.

Truth_teller_2019

Cuing up to buy a tape/CD that was number 1 in the charts from Woolies on a Saturday. The tiny little cans of fizzy drink and the massive island of pic-a-mix in the middle! Or taping the charts on a Sunday evening, pausing the bits when the DJ spoke 😂🤣

Asda used to do potato triangle crisps, not seen them for years!!

Adidas trousers with poppers that used to pop all the way up! And your mates would try and rip your pants off 😂

The intermission at the cinema, where the ushers came round with ice creams!

A Saturday at the local swimming pool where there was a giant inflatable thing with slides on it!

Tamagotchis (although I’m sure they made a come back!)

Aaah so many memories that kids today will never understand!! (Sorry if someone has already mentioned these, I lost the will to read through 47 pages!!)

*29 not 49!!

Oh and the milkman!! Where did he go. Used to love the glass bottles with orange juice in 🤓

• Heart