Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bellaboo83

VIP Member
Power cuts!! I have such fond memories as a child (mid 30s now) of power cuts that lasted days when there was bad weather, my whole street would come to ours for warm food and drinks as my mum had gas camping stoves, candles were always a staple in the cupboard under the sink! The last one we had lasted 4 minutes about 3 years ago... I miss the adventure 😅

Reactions: 17

Hobbitsies

Snaps!! They were really thin chocolate and were so good. Honestly used to buy packets with my friends in primary and eat them all!

I use to love 321 Dusty Bin
Tales of the unexpected 💃🏼
Generation Game
Name that tune
Wheel of fortune
You bet (you wanna bet on it)
Records
Kate Bush
I use to love (playing out) on the street with me skates...
99 ice cream
Being young (soon disappears) 😂😉

Motherofcats

A few people have mentioned being milk monitor which i remember too, but we also had.....:the overhead projector job! 👀
Now that was a job that everyone wanted but it came with some pressure let me tell you!
Moving the hymn sheet down in time for everyone to sing along corrr i’d be sweating my pippets off.
From the tiny ant from the tiny ant to the elephantttt to the elephant...from the snake to the kangeroo..😆

• Haha

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
VHS/video!!! I vividly remember Dad getting me videos as a kid, videos of films fallen off the back of a Chinese lorry no doubt and cartoons, and ruining them by pulling the black tape out (oh my parents loved me) - but then I also had DVDs! Harry Potter, Kipper the Dog...
it blows my mind that one day we all just stopped using videos and moved to DVDs seemingly in the blink of an eye. Mum thinks I'm weird when I point it out 😂 🤷‍♀️

Is anybody else old enough to remember that horrible loo paper that was essentially tracing paper? We had it at school. Deeply unpleasant. Not sure if it still even exists.
it's still at schools, and colleges and universities (!) - turns wiping into a very risky game!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Pop Idol and the shock (as an 11 yr old girl in love with him) that Will Young was gay.
PopStars The Rivals and that super sweet fizzy can drink that advertised it... I can’t remember the name but always wanted them!
Everyone being scared of the Millennium Bug / Y2K
Those Apple computer monitors that had different colour acrylic backs that you could see all the wires through.
how expensive “flat screen TVs” were when they first came out
White noise on the tv when you lost reception
The excitement of a cordless landline but you had to pull an aerial up to use it
Answer phone machines - recording your greeting on the little cassette inside
Playing POLO / bulldog / 40:40 He
French skipping
Feeling dead hard when you got a cherry brandy / cider lolly from the ice cream van
Betty Spaghetti dolls
Spirograph
Never getting a Mr Frosty
“Get Set” craft kits.... make your own mosaic picture, chocolate making, candle making, make your own Egyptian statue... basically anything that would fill my Mum with dread at the mess that was about to be created
Argos, Freeman’s and Next catalogues (circling everything in the Argos one in the lead up to Christmas)
The excitement of playing on the motorised cars in ToysRUs
Toys R Us! There’s millions of Jeffries all under one roof....
The Worst Witch

Last edited:

Shestheman22

Anyone remember the shop called Au Natural? It sold some right tat but I used to get all sorts from there! Little decorations for my room and things for friends’ birthdays etc. It was full of Playboy stationery and stuff. Remember Pucca? It was like a little cartoon character and they sold all sorts of merchandise. Oh and Punkyfish and Golddigga were all the rage. Ah memories.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Phone boxes
Video shops
TV guides - the only people I know who have one are my grandparents.
Penny for the Guy on November 5th (not seen anyone with a guy since I was a child and I’m almost 30)
Lollipop men / ladies (I live in fairly Central London so I’m sure this contributes, my husband says they’re definitely not extinct)
Carol singing no one does that anymore.

Ponponpon

VIP Member
Bath pearls - at least that's what I think they were called. I'm sure you can probably still get them but I haven't seen them in years.

mummy2under2

VIP Member
The Queens Nose (TV programme) - pretty sure no one else has ever seen this! 😂🙈
Snow Flakes (white chocolate flakes)
Salt and Vinegar Discos

❤❤❤

omg starburst joosters! I LOVED those! Also, not sure it has been said but MSN messenger, which I credit for my ability to type quickly today
Apart from the “nudge” button that used to shake the whole screen! So annoying 😂

GeordieLass

those hair ties with the coloured marbles on , when someone tied your hair back and it pinged - the PAIN!

• Haha

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
My teenage children are amazed at how I know all these songs that are on Tic Tok...erm, I was around when Jay Sean released the song the first time before it was remixed!
Same with wearing Tommy Hilfiger tops, bucket hats and trackies that had poppers down the side.

• Haha
  • Heart

Glamourelle

Sorry if anyone’s mentioned it before! But Mizz Magazine...they used to have a “whose minging or blinging” feature on celebrity outfits 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Phone boxes
Video shops
TV guides - the only people I know who have one are my grandparents.
Penny for the Guy on November 5th (not seen anyone with a guy since I was a child and I’m almost 30)
Lollipop men / ladies (I live in fairly Central London so I’m sure this contributes, my husband says they’re definitely not extinct)
We still have phone boxes up North and penny for the guy and lollipop men/women!

Reactions: 15