Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Birmingham people ....shouting up to the taxi office for a taxi on John bright street. Woman had her head out the window 3/4 floors up .
I remember this well and another taxi rank by the hippodrome and the man stood there with a book like this is your life and shouted you when your taxi was ready 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Also that Filofax thing and you could add to it each week (I think).

Was it this?
1C8A778D-ACD3-4196-A3A0-7DF603920EC5.jpeg

You know when you see something and it just takes you back to another time! It had stickers and stuff inside and you could buy inserts for it! So nostalgic.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Going to show my old age..
Getting on a bus for 5p for upto 4 stops and 10p into town
5 and 10p mixes from the corner shops
Fetching my mum cigarettes with a note when I was about six 🤣 from the shop
And actually going to the shop on my own when I was five and crossing main roads
My dad installing a lock on the dial home phone so I couldn’t use it 🤣
Reserving calls to friends parents phones from the phone boxes, and the operator asking ‘ will you take a reserve call’
Clockhouse at C&A
Batter bits from the chippy
Buying a bottle of cider for 89p at 14 and not being asked for ID 🤣
City centre pubs that closed at 11 on a Saturday and 10.30 on a sunday
Nightclubs
Having to get dressed up like the dogs dinner to get into nightclubs as there was a dress coat and all men had to wear collars and ties to get in
Kookai
Emus pink windmill
Grotbags 🤣
Why don’t you... just switch off the tv and do something more interesting instead 🤣
Only having three channels to watch on tv and being estastic when channel four was launched
Leaving the key under the door mat or having it on a piece of string on the door so you could grab it through the letterbox
Oh I could be here all night ... I’m that old lol 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Does anyone remember that programme Big Kids on cbbc when it the parents said anything ending in ing they would turn into kids?!

Also the ghost hunter I used to fancy the normal boy AND the ghost shoe shine boy 😂
Omg I used to fancy them too 😂

Reactions: 3
Going to show my old age..
Getting on a bus for 5p for upto 4 stops and 10p into town
5 and 10p mixes from the corner shops
Fetching my mum cigarettes with a note when I was about six 🤣 from the shop
And actually going to the shop on my own when I was five and crossing main roads
My dad installing a lock on the dial home phone so I couldn’t use it 🤣
Reserving calls to friends parents phones from the phone boxes, and the operator asking ‘ will you take a reserve call’
Clockhouse at C&A
Batter bits from the chippy
Buying a bottle of cider for 89p at 14 and not being asked for ID 🤣
City centre pubs that closed at 11 on a Saturday and 10.30 on a sunday
Nightclubs
Having to get dressed up like the dogs dinner to get into nightclubs as there was a dress coat and all men had to wear collars and ties to get in
Kookai
Emus pink windmill
Grotbags 🤣
Why don’t you... just switch off the tv and do something more interesting instead 🤣
Only having three channels to watch on tv and being estastic when channel four was launched
Leaving the key under the door mat or having it on a piece of string on the door so you could grab it through the letterbox
Oh I could be here all night ... I’m that old lol 🤣🤣
Yes!

Although it was called ‘reverse’ charges!

I loved ‘why don’t you’..just turn off your television set and go do something less boring instead! Sitting at home, watch TV. Turn it off it’s no good for me! 🤣

Reactions: 1
Fuzzy felts
King cone
Coconut sweet tobacco
Trick stick
Treets and toffee treets
R whites lemonade

Reactions: 2
I loved The Queen's Nose and The Demon Headmaster. The theme tunes make me soo nostalgic.
Also loved Sleepover Club... it was an Australian show on CITV, I think.
OMG! I was just watching Sleepover Club. Its on Amazon Prime UK, if you have it. Made me very nostalgic! Sorry if someone has already mentioned this lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.