Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone remember these hair jewels that were like mini springs that you pulled a bit apart to grip on your hair? And then rip half your hair out trying to remove them all and you always missed one so when the hairbrush caught them it was agony.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
remember when River Island used to be decked out like it was some sort of deep south film set with old time music playing? makes no sense when they were selling fashion....
i remember when River Island used to be Chelsea Girl ! ..every Saturday me and my friends used to go to CG in the 80s

Reactions: 9
Are WKD (blue) and Smirnoff Ice still the teenage drinks of choice? I know they’re around but no one seems to drink them anymore. Maybe I’m just old :ROFLMAO:

Sugar magazine was the best. For some reason I considered it far more sophisticated than Bliss, Mizz, etc. All the free gifts were tat, except for the occasional short story/book excerpt which I loved

Reactions: 9
Are WKD (blue) and Smirnoff Ice still the teenage drinks of choice? I know they’re around but no one seems to drink them anymore. Maybe I’m just old :ROFLMAO:

Sugar magazine was the best. For some reason I considered it far more sophisticated than Bliss, Mizz, etc. All the free gifts were tat, except for the occasional short story/book excerpt which I loved
Teen drinking has really dropped apparently, they are all staying in and taking selfies

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Does anyone remember a shop called Eisenigger? Did jackets, zip up fleeces etc. ALWAYS 90% off! £99 reduced to £8.99 lol, even day 1 on the shelves!🤣

Anyone remember the shop called Au Natural? It sold some right tat but I used to get all sorts from there! Little decorations for my room and things for friends’ birthdays etc. It was full of Playboy stationery and stuff. Remember Pucca? It was like a little cartoon character and they sold all sorts of merchandise. Oh and Punkyfish and Golddigga were all the rage. Ah memories.
Omg yes! I think it was located within The shop "Internationale"? Well at least it was in Newcastle anyways xx

My dad used to collect the vouchers out of his Cigarette boxes for some tit gift that took thousands to collect pack of 3 tea towels 😂
Does anyone remember Esso vouchers that came with petrol? Their gift catalogue was pretty decent and prices were In Esso vouchers 🤣 I remember getting a Slazenger badminton racket and sports bag for school.

Which reminds me, Head bags! 💗

Xhal
Yep used to love these. Gladiators and Baywatch on a Saturday night.
[/QUOChallenge Annika and Generation Game on a Saturday night too :)
You clearly havent been in my place of work 🤮

Are fountain pens still a thing? I remember starting highschool and that's what we had to write in.
Did anyone used to collect the tiny balls from empty ink cartridges and put them in their fountain pens so they rattled?! Oh dear... 🤣🙊🙈

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Any one remember Taboo and Mirage Alcoholic drinks?
Loved those as a teen .thought it was height of sophistication..Taboo and lemonade 😂
Managed to convince my mum to buy me some telling her some BS about it not really being alcohol 😂
😂😂😂Always went Taboo and Lemonade, was never a fan of Mirage. Loved Pernod and Black too! I was also partial to Martini Bianco and Lemonade. Always reminds me of my holidays back in day.

Teen drinking has really dropped apparently, they are all staying in and taking selfies
😂Mad dog 20/20 white grape or black grape, now that was a proper teen drink. The orange one was vile. I can still taste it now. Makes me want to vom 🤮

Reactions: 4
Does anyone remember a shop called Eisenigger? Did jackets, zip up fleeces etc. ALWAYS 90% off! £99 reduced to £8.99 lol, even day 1 on the shelves!🤣

Omg yes! I think it was located within The shop "Internationale"? Well at least it was in Newcastle anyways xx

Does anyone remember Esso vouchers that came with petrol? Their gift catalogue was pretty decent and prices were In Esso vouchers 🤣 I remember getting a Slazenger badminton racket and sports bag for school.

Which reminds me, Head bags! 💗

Xhal

Did anyone used to collect the tiny balls from empty ink cartridges and put them in their fountain pens so they rattled?! Oh dear... 🤣🙊🙈
My mum still has some of the Esso wine glasses !

And Head bags..mine was luminous pink amd my cousin had a lilac one !

Anyone remember the shop called Au Natural? It sold some right tat but I used to get all sorts from there! Little decorations for my room and things for friends’ birthdays etc. It was full of Playboy stationery and stuff. Remember Pucca? It was like a little cartoon character and they sold all sorts of merchandise. Oh and Punkyfish and Golddigga were all the rage. Ah memories.
Their joss sticks were lovely, I liked the patchouli and amber, I think it was something like that. There was also a shop called The Pier, one in Birmingham anyway, sold all sorts of interesting household bits and bobs from around the world.

Reactions: 7
I love this thread. 💛for me it’s endless summers, fun house, knightmare, those Ice cream screwballs (with bubble gum in the bottom), salt n shake crisps, sega master systems, Big! Magazine, Blind date and bay watch on a Saturday night, um bongo juice drinks and Pogs!!

Reactions: 6
I love this thread. 💛for me it’s endless summers, fun house, knightmare, those Ice cream screwballs (with bubble gum in the bottom), salt n shake crisps, sega master systems, Big! Magazine, Blind date and bay watch on a Saturday night, um bongo juice drinks and Pogs!!
Um Bongo - they drink it in the Congo!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Was it More magazine that sometimes had the sealed middle section? These were usually 50 photos of dicks, or boobs, or sex positions?
It was basically my fortnightly sex education during my teen years.
I remember in one issue they had penises of men from all over the world and you had to try and guess what country they were from. :LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Salt n shake crisps are still sold. They’re owned by Walkers now, but thankfully the recipe can’t exactly be tinkered with much!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The original Milky Way. Which was repackaged as a flyte bar which was promoted as low cal but then that disappeared. It was brown not white in the middle, they’ve never tasted the same since. This would be in the 90s

OMG KNIGHTMARE!!! The headset and virtual reality? We all thought that was the coolest thing ever 🤣

Salt n shake crisps are still sold. They’re owned by Walkers now, but thankfully the recipe can’t exactly be tinkered with much!
Omg! I’m gonna have to find some!! I used to love opening that little blue packet and sprinkling it on! Hahaha xz

OMG KNIGHTMARE!!! The headset and virtual reality? We all thought that was the coolest thing ever 🤣
It was my fave kids programme! I always wanted to go on it! Was brilliant! ‘Take two steps forward!’ 😂😂

Snap!! I had the bright pink with purple straps and my cousin had the lilac with light green
Yeh and the Jane Norman bags that you used to put PE kits in! God I thought I was so cool!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.