Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What were those black plastic/rubber bracelets? People used to wear 20+ at a time!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
The Queens Nose (TV programme) - pretty sure no one else has ever seen this! πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ
Snow Flakes (white chocolate flakes)
Salt and Vinegar Discos

❀❀❀

Apart from the β€œnudge” button that used to shake the whole screen! So annoying πŸ˜‚
I loved The Queens Nose I wanted to live on a canal boat after I saw that series. :giggle:

Reactions: 2
Love this thread!!!

Those inflatable aliens
New York yankee caps
Adidas popper trousers
Roller ball lipgloss
Hair mascara
Glitter hairspray
Love some glitter hairspray and glitter eyeliner. Haha.

Anybody else remembers the store Girl Heaven? It was like Claires but better...not sure if it was just a Glasgow thing.

Reactions: 1
We used to call them shag bands in school πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Apparently if someone snapped them you were destined to sleep with them at some point! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
We never called them that, but I did go to an all girl's school so read into that as you will πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
BHS. Got my first part time job there when I was 16!

And, pedal pushers
I was trying to remember what those trousers were called πŸ˜‚ anyone remember wearing drainpipe jeans and leg warmers, mind you I was a teenager in the 80s
When Snickers were called Marathons
Space raider crisps
Wham Bars
Sons and Daughters
Danger Mouse

Reactions: 12
I was trying to remember what those trousers were called πŸ˜‚ anyone remember wearing drainpipe jeans and leg warmers, mind you I was a teenager in the 80s
When Snickers were called Marathons
Space raider crisps
Wham Bars
Sons and Daughters
Danger Mouse
Sons & Daughters πŸ€— Remember A Country Practice πŸ˜„

Reactions: 8
Highway To a Heaven
Little House on the Prairie
Taggart
Take the High Road
Family Affairs (Channel 5)

Reactions: 5
Monster Munch that turned your tongue blue
Solero/Calippo Shots
Tammy Girl / La Senza Girl / Tiny Image
Harry Potter Electronic Book of Spells (there was a similar Goosebumps book, too)
Sylvanian Families
TY Beanie Babies when they didn't have the huge eyes... also when McDonald's included mini ones in their Happy Meals. I remember Silver the cat. I also liked the Beanie Boppers.
River Island sold a dark green, sequinned slouch bag which was a trend at secondary school, around 2008/2009. The sequins used to snag my tights.
Girls using a Little Brown Bag / Medium Brown Bag from Bloomingdale's(?) as P.E bags
Crayola Stamps
Those cute little felt animal keyrings from Claire's

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Please tell me somebody else here used to watch the US soap opera Sunset Beach. 😭 🀣

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Following on from that, Blockbusters. Best Saturday nights ever as a child were a Mcdonalds and choosing a video from Blockbusters.
Spending hours in blockbusters finding a movie.....🀣.....remembering take it back the day after

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.