Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LittleMy

VIP Member
Those BN biscuit things. Always had the advert stuck in my head. “BN BN do dooo do do do.” 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Sorry if anyone’s mentioned any of these. I’m from the uk just incase these things still exist elsewhere.
Echo bars
Aero when it was in foil. Doesn’t state the same anymore.
Yogurts you used to get in building blocks
Tuck shop at school. Like fresh cookies and baked good from the dinner ladies.
Mars planets were 👌
On tv:
Get your own back
50:50
Fun house
Raven
Jungle run
When teens did expeditions to different countries
Bernards watch
Crush ( does anyone remember this 😂)
I’ve got so many lololol

Halliestar

VIP Member
OK, is anyone else young enough to remember the Sabrina The Teenage Witch magazine? I LOVED it.

Also, TY beanie babies. They aren't the same now.

Glitter Babes products from Boots were my favourite growing up. Not sure if they're still around.

Omg yes glitter babes from boots! I loved their products. You’ve also reminded me of the natural collection spray bottles boots also sold. They had lots of different ones and I remember all the girls having one in school 😂

lime

I loved going to Asda with my mum in the late 90s / early 2000s and if she was in a good mood I could pick a CD or two (as in a single, not an album. Can't even remember when they stopped selling those) and a magazine (I liked all the music ones like Smash Hits).

• Heart

DoctorWho

Chatty Member
OK, is anyone else young enough to remember the Sabrina The Teenage Witch magazine? I LOVED it.

Also, TY beanie babies. They aren't the same now.

Glitter Babes products from Boots were my favourite growing up. Not sure if they're still around.
do you remember the purple box that came with the Sabrina magazine ? I love Sabrina though, I have the dvd boxset haha!
Loved beanie babies too.

Omg! 😂😂😂

Anyone watched the queens nose or the demon headmaster? They haunted me in my dreams!!
the headmaster gave me nightmares!!!

• Heart

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Salt n shake crisps are still sold. They’re owned by Walkers now, but thankfully the recipe can’t exactly be tinkered with much!
Omg! I’m gonna have to find some!! I used to love opening that little blue packet and sprinkling it on! Hahaha xz

OMG KNIGHTMARE!!! The headset and virtual reality? We all thought that was the coolest thing ever 🤣
It was my fave kids programme! I always wanted to go on it! Was brilliant! ‘Take two steps forward!’ 😂😂

Snap!! I had the bright pink with purple straps and my cousin had the lilac with light green
Yeh and the Jane Norman bags that you used to put PE kits in! God I thought I was so cool!

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Milk at break time in primary school. In a proper tiny bottle that you poked a straw through the foil top. It was always a bit warm where it had been sat out all morning 🤢
(Born in ‘71 so this was mid to late 70s)
Oh and getting to be milk monitor and handing out the bottles! 😂
I remember my now 13 year old coming home from nursery excited because he had had milk and crack at playtime. Thankfully he meant milk and crackers 😂😂

• Haha

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
For those who thought radio fascias you remove from the car had disappeared, especially with cassette players and CD players WELL I’ve just been round to my dad’s and he wanted a CD player radio for his garage but was being too tight with himself to buy one so he’s rigged up an old cassette player and a CD player radio and some speakers to a plank and attached the wires to a battery charger 😂😂😂😂😂😂🤦‍♀️ currently have Blondie on on cassette 😂

Attachments

• Haha

HowlOwl

VIP Member
Anyone remember the shop called Au Natural? It sold some right tat but I used to get all sorts from there! Little decorations for my room and things for friends’ birthdays etc. It was full of Playboy stationery and stuff. Remember Pucca? It was like a little cartoon character and they sold all sorts of merchandise. Oh and Punkyfish and Golddigga were all the rage. Ah memories.
Their joss sticks were lovely, I liked the patchouli and amber, I think it was something like that. There was also a shop called The Pier, one in Birmingham anyway, sold all sorts of interesting household bits and bobs from around the world.

DoodlePoodle

VIP Member
I was trying to remember what those trousers were called 😂 anyone remember wearing drainpipe jeans and leg warmers, mind you I was a teenager in the 80s
When Snickers were called Marathons
Space raider crisps
Wham Bars
Sons and Daughters
Danger Mouse
I was a teenager then too! 🙋🏼‍♀️ Hi! Ahhh leg warmers. And pixie boots?
I loved Rent a Ghost on TV - anyone remember that?

Scubasf

Yes! I remember going to a school disco in year 7 in a 'nice top' (it was basically a slinky vest top with a Chinese symbol on it 🤣) which wasn't baggy so I guess you could see my figure. One of the 'popular' girls said I had an amazing figure and I was like oh right ummm thanks! Up until then I had never even thought about it, had never considered myself skinny or fat, its just not something that I had registered at that age. It's sad how kids of that age are so hyper aware now.
I think you’re right - we just weren’t very aware. I still thought in terms of whether an item of clothing was nice, not whether it looked nice on me IYSWIM. I feel so sorry for teenage girls now. I re-watched At Home With the Braithwaites recently - it was made in about 2000 and what really stood out to me when re-watching was how everyone in it had completely normal hair and teeth. It was before straighteners and fake tan were ubiquitous and before actors had to look perfect. I miss everyone having normal hair that isn’t straight and glossy or those hair straightener waves that everyone does. Just their natural texture. People used to be considered attractive for their unique features, not for looking the same as everyone else.

Whaaat you guys didn’t all wear your blue eyeshadow, blue mascara, foundation 10x darker than your skin shade and glitter lipgloss when you were 13 😂
I had one of those M&S metal eyeshadow palettes with about 10 different (equally horrid) colours in it. I remember yellow eyeshadow featuring strongly. 🙈

• Heart

flamingo29

Chatty Member
Does Sun In still exist? I wanted my hair to be light blonde so much but my mum wouldn’t let me dye it so I used this so much to the point where my hair all snapped off 🙈 I now just dye my hair blonde as I should have done from the beginning

ExhaustedDad

On the opposite ...One thing that QUICKLY needs to disappear is Fuckin ‘Ryan’s bastard toy review’ 🤬

navybluewolf

Chatty Member
Did anyone see that tape about the girl that kept pigeons and their mum ended up cooking one for dinner? It was one of those vhs tapes like that dragons eye that you watched and then wrote about. A bit like Kes but it was a girl protagonist.

Also, who remembers the trend of pedal pushers/clam diggers (wtf was that name about?) with a strip of sari material at the bottom? I remember it so clearly because it was my last year at primary and I wore my best pedal pushers and blue floral satin shirt to the leavers assembly (with bright orange new balance trainers, they were a lot cheaper in those days). What a look. :ROFLMAO:

Oh and school book fairs! I discovered my favourite ever book from a book fair, I capture the castle.

I've been feeling ridiculously nostalgic for the late 90s/very early 00s. I've been watching films and things I vaguely remember or missed out on the first time around. I think the pandemic is getting to me. :l I think I might put our tv on wheels and sit on the carpet.

• Haha