Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

marlaxo

will probably think of some more, I love reminiscing!!:

baby all gone, mmm smells like cherries!
The barbie watch which didnt have the time you just flipped it up and it had a square of hard perfume
cabbage patch dolls
pound puppies, I loved the mummy pup with the three that attached to her tail with a little leash
screwball scramble
crayola stamps, blo-pens, spirograph, fashion wheel, gel pens which were all marbly inside but were sooo faint
I always wanted one of the toy post offices and one of the red dairy milk machines
micro machines toy cars
Wizadora, brum, budgie the little helicopter, spot the dog, rosie and jim, playdays, SMART art
Angela Anaconda, rockos modern world, arthur, angry beavers, ready steady cook
There was a programme on the bbc where it was a game show for children and they had to go in really really messy rooms and find certain things in the rooms to win
jungle run, man o man
anything mary-kate and ashley
miners makeup
tammy girl, bay trading, BHS, kookai
I used to hate Sundays when it used to be songs of praise, last of the summer wine and antiques roadshow
Welcome to AOL, you have email!
AOL message rooms, making really cool email signatures
cringe email addresses, wanting everyone to think you're 'random!', a brief obsession with sporks
going a bit emo and listening to placebo, HIM, nine inch nails, my chemical romance, sum 41, green day for about a week
Then deciding to be cool and listening to the strokes, franz ferdinand, the kooks, snow patrol etc etc instead
Paris and Nicole in the Simple Life
Rimmel Beat perfume was my favourite, it smelled so sweet

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

DozyDora

Magazines - Shout, Bliss, Sugar & J17.

Days gone never to return with technology & social media these days :mad:

• Heart

petitspois

VIP Member
Are WKD (blue) and Smirnoff Ice still the teenage drinks of choice? I know they’re around but no one seems to drink them anymore. Maybe I’m just old :ROFLMAO:

Sugar magazine was the best. For some reason I considered it far more sophisticated than Bliss, Mizz, etc. All the free gifts were tat, except for the occasional short story/book excerpt which I loved
Teen drinking has really dropped apparently, they are all staying in and taking selfies

• Haha

ChloChlo

VIP Member
Woolworths!!!! I still have , and my daughter who is 24 loves we 've still got her Groovy Chick Woolies kids duvet set!! I still have good old Woolies cds nursery rhymes, Julia Donaldson stories on cd... Simple maths CD s.... after a story she she she go to sleep to a cd. I teach in primary.... Not a single CD player or laptop with disk drive at my school so I cant copy them onto school server or memory stick .Technology great but even my daughter at 24 says her generation is the last to remember flip phones, dvds. She has a wall of dvds in the lounge... Xmas and bdays was write me a list dvds I can buy you. we 've had a few interesting chats about world and tech changes in her life. She remembers me doing my primary teaching cert when she was in primary and the dial up tone!!! She remembers being a teen before Facebook or internet on phones!! Really interesting chats we 've had... And how diff for her kids it will be!!!!!
I'm 36 this year and think my age group are the first generation to remember the really primitive teen social media. There was Teenchat.co.uk which was a chat room where the usual A/S/L would be asked but it was entirely faceless and there were all sorts of creeps on there. I also used the very primitive FaceParty and Face-pic - the latter was more for us Chav types. These were around long before the likes of Bebo and MySpace.

Then there was good old MSN chatting away while listening to tinny music blared from the PC speakers I had downloaded from Napster and Limewire. Sometimes I just played Rollercoaster Tycoon or Theme Hospital instead.

And as for 00s fashion, it was very bizarre. I think most of my "best" clothes had some sort of Chinese symbol or dragon on during my teens. I used to wear these awful 2 piece co-ord super skinny trousers and top from the local market which had various, tacky all over, loud prints on them, Chinese fayre, newspaper print, palm trees, bandana etc teamed up with my Nike air force 1s or Shox.
The 00s denim was always very dressy for us Chavs too, we wouldnt be seen with rips in our jeans back then. We wore shiny or coated denim, Evisu Jean's which were very popular disappeared off the face of the earth.

• Haha

Ponponpon

VIP Member
The Queens Nose (TV programme) - pretty sure no one else has ever seen this! 😂🙈
Snow Flakes (white chocolate flakes)
Salt and Vinegar Discos

❤❤❤

Apart from the “nudge” button that used to shake the whole screen! So annoying 😂
I've also seen the Queen's Nose! Remember the Demon Headmaster too? I'm convinced I stayed at the same hotel in Italy in 98 you know!

mumlife87

What happened to Paul’s Boutique? It was only 10 or so years ago it was popular but I remember teens at the time being obsessed and I was confused as i found it to be quite flashy and tacky 🤣

• Haha

Shugsyshalone

VIP Member
Phone boxes
Video shops
TV guides - the only people I know who have one are my grandparents.
Penny for the Guy on November 5th (not seen anyone with a guy since I was a child and I’m almost 30)
Lollipop men / ladies (I live in fairly Central London so I’m sure this contributes, my husband says they’re definitely not extinct)
We have lots of lollipop men and ladies around our area. One lady waves at me every morning when I go to work, and since I’ve been working from home she now speaks to me every morning when I pass with the dogs.

Mars Delights were delightful.
And does anyone remember the Cadbury chocolate called Spira? I used to love those.

Attachments

• Heart

ChloChlo

VIP Member
Normal length tops.

It is very frustrating to find tops that I like and then discovering it has a crop! It seems they are all made like this now, even a boxy Tshirt will have a crop to it, even if only slightly.