Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SpookyLumberjack

VIP Member
My TV list is bloody huge:

Through the Dragon's Eye (OMG THE THEME TUNE) we had to watch this in school and I found it amazing and creepy af.

2Point4 Children
Eerie Indiana
Round the Twist (again, the theme tune)

Game On
Due South
Two Guys and a Girl (formally Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place) on the channel Trouble (what happened to that!)
Red Dwarf
May to December
Gimme Gimme Gimme
Live & Kicking
Monster Cafe

I feel I watched more TV than I remember...

Going to Woolworths to spend your pocket money every weekend on Pick N' Mix and little toys
Taping the Chart Top 10 onto a cassette every week (over and over the same cassette)
Lee Evans
Themed FunFax

Point Horror
Scholastic book fairs
The Worst Witch
Queuing outside bookshops at midnight for the next Harry Potter instalment (I miss this)!
The band Ash

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

emm

VIP Member
Pre and early teen kids that actually look like kids. Nowadays they all wear more makeup daily than I do on a night out plus tight clothes and crop tops. When I was 12 I lived in my Gap hoodie and baggy jeans. Speaking of which...Gap hoodies have also disappeared
This change happened so quickly too, my sister is 3 years younger and was shocked looking at fotos of my 15th bday in a restaurant with friends and none of us were wearing makeup, all just in jeans and casual clothes, by the time she was 15 all her friends used makeup

bassettbb

Von Dutch (which my friend and I used to snigger at and call Von Douche)
Bench clothing
Pencil cases shaped like cans of drink (7up, Coca Cola)
A chocolate bar called Marble
Shout Magazine

A shop called What Everyone Wants and the song to the advert was, "Whatever you want! Whatever you like!" by Status Quo

• Heart

Boredinstagrammer29

I remember I begged my mum so much for these! She got them for me... Do not ask me where I thought I was going to wear them at 10 years old :unsure::unsure::unsure:
70B62A13-B739-4E06-9DF9-082DB2C8C24C.png

• Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
We should have a thread for all the things we wish would disappear in this new decade. ๐Ÿ˜

• Haha

petitspois

VIP Member
Reading through this thread has been a trip down memory lane ๐Ÿ˜ things that come to mind are:

Bursting Bugs sweets
Fame Academy
Top of the Pops on a Friday night
Sticker albums for films, sports, etc. I remember sending off for the last few needed to complete my collection ๐Ÿ˜
Stamped Addressed Envelopes and entering competitions with them ๐Ÿ˜
Milk in cartons - when did it switch to plastic bottles?
The early days of social media - picking your top 8 friends on MySpace and giving Love on Bebo ๐Ÿ˜
I remember TOTP on a Thursday - showing my age ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Hereforthefacts

Chatty Member
I was trying to remember what those trousers were called ๐Ÿ˜‚ anyone remember wearing drainpipe jeans and leg warmers, mind you I was a teenager in the 80s
When Snickers were called Marathons
Space raider crisps
Wham Bars
Sons and Daughters
Danger Mouse
Sons & Daughters ๐Ÿค— Remember A Country Practice ๐Ÿ˜„

Juliet

Chatty Member
I havenโ€™t seen an Avon book in years, do they still have the perfume pages where you can rub your wrist on to get the smell?

Mystic Meg on the Lottery
Mystic Meg used to scare the shit out of me, I always left the room when she came on tv.

Also, when the computer did the dial up tone for the internet and then you would get a loud 'WELCOME TO AOL' and each time, I jumped because I had forgotten to turn the volume down on the speakers that always fell over that was placed next to the computer ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Going to a kids disco on a Friday night and the big tunes being:
- 5ive - Everybody Get Up / Keep on Moving
- Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting (huh!!)
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing (how inappropriate, but it had a resurgence cos of The Full Monty!)
- The Cartoons - Witchdoctor
- Vengaboys - Boom Boom / Vengabus
- T-Spoon - Sex On the Beach (also inappropriate!)
- Aqua - Barbie Girl / Dr Jones
- Cotton Eyed Joe
I went out on Saturday for the first time in years and ended up in a nightclub that haf3a floor dedicated to all these songs. I didn't get home until 3am ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha

Fridgepicker

Does anyone remember that programme Big Kids on cbbc when it the parents said anything ending in ing they would turn into kids?!

Also the ghost hunter I used to fancy the normal boy AND the ghost shoe shine boy ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha

Ilikethisname

Is anybody else old enough to remember that horrible loo paper that was essentially tracing paper? We had it at school. Deeply unpleasant. Not sure if it still even exists.
Yes I remember, totally unsuitable as so flimsy. In some cheap pubs have seen it. Feels less than 1ply

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Notothefakes

VIP Member
The original Milky Way. Which was repackaged as a flyte bar which was promoted as low cal but then that disappeared. It was brown not white in the middle, theyโ€™ve never tasted the same since. This would be in the 90s

Reactions: 7