Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LittleMy

VIP Member
The Animaniacs
Pinky and The Brain
Taz
Zzzap!
Alphabet Castle
Scooby Doo (Where Are You?)
Rainbow
Hey Arnold
CatDog
Ren and Stimpy
Cow and Chicken
Two Stupid Dogs
Rocko’s Modern Life
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
Doug

I watched a lot of Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon in the 90s. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Sassysaz

Chatty Member
Having an actual film developed and collecting your photos a week later from snappy snaps or Superdrug having no idea what the pictures would actually look like?

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Absolutely loving this thread! Bought back so many great memories! Especially finding a toy in your cereal, completely forgot about that and gave me so much happiness like I was 8 years old again 🤣
To add a few:
Tamagotchis
Furbies
McDonald's having the Ronald McDonald foundation donation box where a coin would whirl around for the whole time it took for them to cook your £1.99 happy meal
Petrol being less than £1 a litre
Teletext so grandad could check his lottery numbers or the football scores
Yellow pages
Goosebumps
Rosie and Jim
Cassettes
CD singles
The Walkman - that would always skip a bit of the song if you walked too fast and heaven forbid trying to run with it
The foil Christmas chain decorations that your mum would use a drawing pin to stick to the ceiling
Playing "kerbie" in the streets and seeing other kids playing out in general
Being able to leave your push bike out in the driveway whilst you went inside to have your lunch and it wouldn't have been stolen!
Sunny D
School sponge cake (the one with all the multi coloured sprinkles on the top)
Supermarkets leaving their old cardboard boxes out for customer's to pack their shopping in to
The weird goo alien toys that would "make babies" if you put them back to back in the fridge 🤣
The millennial coin collections they done in Sainsburys (I think)
The battery hair braid thing that would tangle your hair into the biggest knot and rip most of it out
"Scoobys" the plastic string things you could plait together and make key rings out of
Push pops
Blow pens
Penny sweets
McDonalds birthday parties
And a ps2 that could play new games and all the original ps1 games as they were transferable without having to buy a whole new console (like you do now!) And the memory sticks that would sometimes not save your game or would be "full" and you'd have to play roulette deleting another save game which you hope wasn't the one with your best score 🤣
The school sponge cake was AMAZING. I can imagine the taste now

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Having an actual film developed and collecting your photos a week later from snappy snaps or Superdrug having no idea what the pictures would actually look like?
And trying to take the last few photos just to 'finish off the film'. My husband used to just point it at the floor and snap away the last 2 or 3.

• Haha

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Are WKD (blue) and Smirnoff Ice still the teenage drinks of choice? I know they’re around but no one seems to drink them anymore. Maybe I’m just old :ROFLMAO:

Sugar magazine was the best. For some reason I considered it far more sophisticated than Bliss, Mizz, etc. All the free gifts were tat, except for the occasional short story/book excerpt which I loved

TheFabFader

VIP Member
Miners, Outdoor Girl and Boots 17 makeup.
Jackie magazine with Cathy and Claire, the photo stories and the pop posters.

Barkin Mad

Chatty Member
My dad used to collect the vouchers out of his Cigarette boxes for some shit gift that took thousands to collect pack of 3 tea towels 😂

Lilbear1

Scratch n sniff t-shirts
Ra ra skirts.
Heartbreak high
Sausage and tomato crisps
Cabana bars
Football crazy crisps
Jesters biscuits
Treehouse toy
Pippa doll
Playing out with your mates all summer holidays.
Christmas lasting 2 weeks!!!

Thechubbymoaner

VIP Member
Bath pearls - at least that's what I think they were called. I'm sure you can probably still get them but I haven't seen them in years.
they would leave a weird film on your skin and smell slightly plasticy?

I remember everyone wanting absolutely everything and smells of dewberry from the bodyshop and there were some other brands that did dewberry but they had a real funky twang. one of the students where I work works in the bodyshop and I met here in there and got talking. The manager came out and I asked her when they stopped doing dewberry. she asked what is that. Shes 23 and I am ancient!

Also, those teeny red spider things that you always had on white walls in the summer- we used to call them blood suckers

Last edited:

cushtybert

VIP Member
Does anyone remember Visa Versa sweets or cheese and onion Frisps?
Ahh every Friday I would buy a packet of vice versas and more magazine to have after college 😂

Avon Iced Champink lipstick and nail varnish 😂

PACERS - would give anything to have them back in my life!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

Sw4

VIP Member
I am often gobsmacked by how good teenage girls figures are. Then I realise that ours were probable that good too - it’s just that nobody wore skintight stuff then - it was all baggy jeans and T-shirts and stuff so you’d never know what our bodies were like under there.
Yes! I remember going to a school disco in year 7 in a 'nice top' (it was basically a slinky vest top with a Chinese symbol on it 🤣) which wasn't baggy so I guess you could see my figure. One of the 'popular' girls said I had an amazing figure and I was like oh right ummm thanks! Up until then I had never even thought about it, had never considered myself skinny or fat, its just not something that I had registered at that age. It's sad how kids of that age are so hyper aware now.

Yogarow

OK, is anyone else young enough to remember the Sabrina The Teenage Witch magazine? I LOVED it.

Also, TY beanie babies. They aren't the same now.

Glitter Babes products from Boots were my favourite growing up. Not sure if they're still around.
OMG!! I loved exactly the same things as you! Sabrina magazine was amazing, did you build the make up kit in that purple box?! And there was hair tutorials!

Glitter babes was everywhere! They do still have a v. Small line at boots 3 4 2 at xmas.

Did anyone collect spice girls photographs? They were in a white envelope and you got about 5 in a pack. I also had the album to put them in. I was gutted when they stopped doing them!

• Heart

Tree_

VIP Member
My teenage children are amazed at how I know all these songs that are on Tic Tok...erm, I was around when Jay Sean released the song the first time before it was remixed!
Same with wearing Tommy Hilfiger tops, bucket hats and trackies that had poppers down the side.
Yes. My kangol bucket hat. Kappa popper tracksuit and buffalo boots. High as a kite. A sight for sore eyes lol

• Haha