thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nope. They don’t even know what annual leave is!

HUGE congrats on the BQ!! Very impressive.

And I’m all for women-supporting-women; but what has she ever done to support women? Before the great bonk of Berlin there were times where she made me feel inadequate as a female runner - as I simply don’t have the resources of time/money (freebies) she has. Thankfully I know better now, but she must make some people feel terrified of the marathon! Def no empowerment from where I’m standing.

Reactions: 10
Some of my friends came to stay with me for the London marathon and they talked about ‘that man who helped the wobbly legs man cross the line’”. Big mistake. As I then told them about what a total knob he is and his less than inspirational girlfriend. I think they regretted mentioning it 🤪

We all ran yesterday. I’m super sore today and I’m not doing a Kelly and bashing out an interval session and planning a park run ‘race’ and then a 10k on Sunday. I’m RESTING.

Plus I got round in under 3 hours and all with smart training with an absolute peak of 50 mile week. Most were 35-40 miles as I have a job and kids and find massive mileage isn’t needed. Maybe if you’re elite - but we’re not.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Another account that feels like it’s aimed at Kels and Tits.
View attachment 1623026
Feeling rather naive as I’ve always had a time goal in mind and run at the required pace to achieve it (I am aware I’m very lucky and probably have some genetic advantage for long distance speed). Can someone explain to me how your training tells you what time you should be aiming for? I have a half soon (not run one in 3+ years as prefer mara) and have absolutely no idea how to pace it/what to aim for?!

Reactions: 1
Another newbie! Tired of the crap they spout and frankly it’s dangerous to newer runners. Apols in advance for the long rant…..

I started following Kelly when I was a similar level - mum with a young family and just doing what I could (although I also work full-time so I never understood the adoration she received). Then watching the affair play-out on social media and people still fawning over them ‘aw you guys.’ Those poor kids seeing all that one day.

I love the marathon and my goals always centre around that. Most my other times are similar (slightly faster) and my marathon PB is nearly an hour quicker. I never race the shorter distances whilst in marathon training, because the marathon is my main goal (and because I do enough running without abandoning / dragging my family around races all year). If her goal really is the marathon, then she’d be better to just focus on that. But it can’t be with the way she trains!

All that matters to them is the likes / freebies / insta-fame. That’s why it’s the constant races, small PBs and marathon blow-up. And he’s never PB’d since his first marathon! Be interesting to know if he was coached for his first….

My prediction for Amsterdam? She’ll go out too quick. She’ll say she’s aiming for sub-4 but she’ll feel ‘good’ and ‘strong’ so try and do a sub-3.45 but then the wheels will come well and truely off around 18/19 miles and we’ll have a repeat of Berlin. I’ve followed all sorts of plans and I’ve never seen one ‘racing’ a 22 miler or with an all-out half 2 weeks before.

60 mile running weeks?! WTA. I’ve seen ultra runners do less. Needing him to pace her to break a 4.45 after 60 mile weeks and her easy pace apparently being her HM pace? Seriously. Where is the admiration coming from? Oh look at me, I’m a full-time average runner with a live-in ‘coach,’ kit I don’t have to pay for, races I probably get paid to run, kids in nursery/school, no job and I need a personal pacer to break a 4.45. NO disrespect to people who have that marathon as a PB, they probably train far more sensibly!

Then we’ll get that saying that makes me want to vomit ‘the marathon is a beast that doesn’t owe you anything.’ BORE OFF. If you trained sensibly, fuelled
properly and don’t got off too fast like an idiot, you can well and truly own the marathon. She makes running seem so unattainable.

Apols for the long post. Just so over this utter tripe. Don’t even get me started on the elapsed times and the fact she wears carbon plated shoes for every ‘session.’ It’s all lies.
Love this!!! Agree with this all.
Welcome!!!

Reactions: 3
I’ve just watched the first few minutes. That’s as far as I can manage although it has been quite literally a laugh a minute so far….

Based on her 3…2….1 named run of last week- she reckons her current marathon pace is 8.18 , her HMP is 7.55 and 10k 7.45
That panned out well yesterday didn’t it kells 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
bleeping hell, she’s comedy gold. She’s also tit at maths because that still leaves her shy of a BQ

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve just watched the first few minutes. That’s as far as I can manage although it has been quite literally a laugh a minute so far….

Based on her 3…2….1 named run of last week- she reckons her current marathon pace is 8.18 , her HMP is 7.55 and 10k 7.45
That panned out well yesterday didn’t it kells 🤣
I watched it for us all. TL: DR
1) she’s getting nervous because she thinks the balance scales are going to tip negatively against her b/c she’s had great workouts. Has nothing to do with going all out in her training.
2) Matt said nice things about how she’s transformed as a runner. He also did 8x 1M at goal HM pace and wonders why he bonked at his race.
3) No update on Cardiff because there’s another blog coming on that 🙄.
4) Bonkathon is coming!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Well can I just say I did London yesterday and I got a 34mins PB with only 34 miles was my highest mileage. I also got GFA too I was 1:16 off BQ but you know what I couldn’t give a tit. Because it’s one run thats never interested me.

She is burning herself out before her race.. who races a half just before your marathon 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Well can I just say I did London yesterday and I got a 34mins PB with only 34 miles was my highest mileage. I also got GFA too I was 1:16 off BQ but you know what I couldn’t give a tit. Because it’s one run thats never interested me.

She is burning herself out before her race.. who races a half just before your marathon 🤯
Well done on what sounds like a great run and also sensible training!

Although she won’t have burnt herself out as she wasn’t even running at her MP yesterday apparently 🤔🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Why tits though? Just because he gets his top off a lot? :) I
I called him welshtits once and it just stuck, I like it. Also coffeetits is morningcoffeerun and on the other thread because he’s a giant tit and just an all round wanker in general 🤣🤷🏽‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
‘Ditching the fam for a bonk in the ‘dam.’
Sorry that’s dreadful 😅
Thanks for the warm welcome! Those that suck up to them are just doing it to try and boost their own reps on IG ‘look who I’m friends with.’ 🙄
Secretly they’re all just here for the same tit show 🍿
This is still getting my vote for a thread title 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I just don’t get her, how can you be taken seriously with a go pro

it must seriously effect your performance

Reactions: 2
Has any one seen Gary Houses lasted video about tips on how to build your coaching business? I feel Tits could learn something

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.