Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

instaidiotics

Chatty Member
I feel really deflated about running today. I work hard, adapt my training around my children and tbf, would never be able to run what she did today. But that isn’t inspiring to me at all. I don’t have the time to train like she does. What is the ‘juggle.’ &
why do people find her so inspiring? I feel really flat after seeing that tbh because yes it was a good run, probably wearing shoes I can’t afford, but I don’t get the hype.
She makes me want to pack running in; knowing that to get anywhere you need to be unemployed and have a live-in ‘coach.’ Please someone prove me wrong….??
Please don’t let these two idiots (or other instaidiots) change your love for running and / or give you a skewed image of what someone needs to do to ‘improve’ in terms of race times. Running is NOT all about race times it’s for fun, health and god forbid, just for the hell of it. They don’t juggle - they prioritise running above all. they live for races, the gram and kudos from strangers on the internet or their fellow insta show offs. You do not need to run like her to improve, in fact you’d probably go backwards! Many of us have commented how we run far fewer miles than her and succeed in improving at a greater rate than her. But as I said a while back - I have to take breaks from Mara training (only do one a year) as if I’m constantly going from race to race it totally takes the love away and feels like an utter chore.

Don’t let them make you feel despondent. They live in a weird world of Nutella, greggs, cake and putting their running first. Nothing at all inspiring about it or what running should be about.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

wtfiswrongwithfolk

It’s the bonk excuse.
She’ll do well in the half then that’ll be her excuse to bonk Amsterdam - didn’t recover.

or

she’ll do shite tomorrow as she’ll be saving herself for Amsterdam.

all excuses accepted!

Reactions: 11

Northernscumpet

Chatty Member
An absolute fortune spent on fuel and a full day away from your family and a sick child (I don't know which one is sick but one of them right) for a 5k. It's sad. I really hope the older ones get input and fun stuff from their dads because their stepdad is an absolute tool.

bobbinz

Is tits going over to Amsterdam as her personal pacemaker? If so - wow. Great city for a short family break is the Dam - except it’s not half term!
Also - if you do a guide on how not to fuck a marathon up- does that not kinda imply you need to have smashed your marathons in order to give that advice? 🤔

Throwing up before parkrun is ridiculous as is 60 mile weeks, I’ve just done the last long run of a really good training block for London, I’m expecting a 3:30-3:40 time, all my long runs and races in it point toward that, my highest milage week was 45. I’ve made the mistake of chasing high milage before and I do far too much junk and am too tired to do big sessions at the effort and pace they need to be

• Heart

instawhat

I feel really deflated about running today. I work hard, adapt my training around my children and tbf, would never be able to run what she did today. But that isn’t inspiring to me at all. I don’t have the time to train like she does. What is the ‘juggle.’ &
why do people find her so inspiring? I feel really flat after seeing that tbh because yes it was a good run, probably wearing shoes I can’t afford, but I don’t get the hype.
She makes me want to pack running in; knowing that to get anywhere you need to be unemployed and have a live-in ‘coach.’ Please someone prove me wrong….??

• Sad

runderpants

This influencer life won’t last, especially for these half way house types like these 2. They don’t have that many followers, and soon brands will understand the lack of value they bring. They’ll also see the resentment that the public have for freeloaders during a cost of living crisis. There’s nothing fun or cute about watching influencers being given free holidays when you can’t feed your children or put the heating on.

• Heart

hollyhocks

Chatty Member
Given their track record, I wonder if Kelly is paranoid about Matt going on an Asics trip without her…

• Haha

runderpants

Ultimately If even one of the baby daddies is a high earner she’ll be raking it in. Forget pensions, she’s going to have a rude awakening when those kids turn 18 and the money tap gets turned off. I wonder how the baby daddies feel funding hers and tits lifestyle.

irunforfun

VIP Member
A purpose for what? To escape your kids more often than necessary? Please do enlighten us!
I don’t dispute her statement that all her runs had a purpose - every single one was for the gram! 🙄 For adulation. For kudos and likes. Nothing like the purpose of most peoples training blocks for a marathon: easy runs easy for aerobic fitness and base building, focused intervals/hills/fartlek for the pace in said race.

• Heart

Lemming312

VIP Member

“Kelly met her partner Matt after her marriage ended a few years ago. He’s an elite runner himself and she really appreciates the common interest they have in running.” - Incorrect, Tits isn’t an elite runner.

“He normally does marathons in around 2hrs 25mins so he definitely did his Personal Worst when he ran with me!” - Incorrect again, not in a million years will he ever run a 2:25 marathon!

I’m sure there’s much more misinformation in this article but these two points stood out.
Not forgetting that Kelly was still married when they met, she still had "wife extraordinaire" on her blog bio for months after she started dating Tits.

• Haha
  • Sick

Fraggle Rock

To make up for being Matt :)unsure::ROFLMAO:) I've watched Kells latest Vlog so no-one else has to!
In short- Kells is mother of the year; Tits outdoes himself on the annoying/gormless front (dry vaginas all round ;)); blood sugars stop play and Kells is a "bit rundown". She admits she shouldnt run with high blood sugars as it's damaging (yes!!!) but sometimes she does 🤯The Queen gets a mention and Kells is running Swansea 10k and Cardiff Half before tapering. For someone who Tits says doesn't race a lot, I beg to differ!

• Haha