Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

instawhat

You can track - looks like she’s going for 1.45. Which would be a 5min PB, 2 weeks out from a marathon PB attempt. I wouldn’t even do parkrun 2 weeks out from a marathon!

• Wow
Reactions: 11

the_chafe_is_real

VIP Member
Not much engagement on Kells Chamonix posts, only a few hundred likes and some bot comments. I reckon a lot of people are pissed at these two wankers.
As they are on their way home, are we taking bets on who gets to do their long run first tomorrow? Because heaven forbid they might focus on family tomorrow, having been away. I bet Tits goes first and posts a gushy post about his love for trails etc. then Kells will get her run in after and we’ll be back to the boomerang tongue out.

• Haha
Congrats on the Bq, if that’s something that you are after 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Kells could only get one of those if they sold them at Greggs
Annoyingly having to use all my annual leave for elaborate family weddings means I won’t get to Boston before it expires but was happy with the time and should be enough to actually get in on a GFA again. Maybe in a couple of years!
I also have a very well paid, but very full time job that I do loads of overtime on… and I clean my house 😬

Paperclip22

Kelly's done a post telling us how to run easy miles and using her run last night as an example.
She chose a route which was 3 miles of uphill but that was "easy" because she kept "backing off" and walking. I assume that's where her 15 of paused watch time came from. Strava says she ran at a tempo pace. Then raced back down hill 🤷🏻‍♀️
Maybe it's tricky if you run in a hilly place but she has no trouble finding flat to do intervals on to make her times look better.

• Haha

hollyhocks

Chatty Member
Now if only she could put her phone down and not make her kids film her on their rare, fun outing together.

Reactions: 10

igwhataloadof

Nope. They don’t even know what annual leave is!

HUGE congrats on the BQ!! Very impressive.

And I’m all for women-supporting-women; but what has she ever done to support women? Before the great bonk of Berlin there were times where she made me feel inadequate as a female runner - as I simply don’t have the resources of time/money (freebies) she has. Thankfully I know better now, but she must make some people feel terrified of the marathon! Def no empowerment from where I’m standing.

runrun321

They're not doing CCC or UTMB this weekend. They're not on the entry lists and they don't have the necessary points/UTMB stones. So begs the question: what the hell are they doing out there?

If I had to guess, it might be Salomon who has paid for them to go out for a jolly. Matt ran in their forgettable Phantasm shoe earlier in the year, so there's that link. But whoever it is, why? Trail running and ultra marathons aren't their thing, they know sod all about this form of running (watch them pretend to be experts this weekend), and it's baffling any brand thinks these two dicking about in Chamonix is worth the outlay.
Yeah but remember when he ran for Wales in that 50k and didn’t he DNF 🤔
Surely that qualifies him as the ultra guru extraordinaire

• Haha

the_chafe_is_real

VIP Member
Not enough long runs, and no long runs with intervals at marathon pace.
But, what is her intended marathon pace? I assume she isn't intending to BQ at Amsterdam and this is just a part way goal, or is she deluded enough to think it's achievable? I don't watch her vlogs so I don't know if she's said what her Amsterdam goal is. At this point in time I think she'll be pushing it to even get sub 4.
I’m fairly sure she did a vlog at the start of this block and said she was going all in to trust the process and get 3:35.

edit to add: she actually said 3:30. She needs 3:35. Current PB is 4:45 and her last marathons (must have been Berlin and London as she DNS Manchester) were 5hrs+.
went onto her YouTube to find it and she’s had so many Boston Marathon journeys, she might as well have a bloody season ticket

Last edited:
  • Haha

Justwanttochat80

VIP Member
And really, what's Kels story?

Using her tragedy from years ago as a reason, which just makes no sense. She has done something before for him, so it's purely for the sob story to get a spot.

And then what? She is sacrificing time with her current children for this pipedream. She doesn't have a job so it's not relatable or inspiring. She eats a shit diet and is a terrible example of T1. She over trains with minimal results.

Why the HELL would ANY company want to gift her a spot?

instaclowns

VIP Member
What his little followers jerking off wont remember is that he said HE WOULD hit his sub 15 by the end of July, we’re now mid September and he’s just done it after some failed attempts. As someone said, if he’s injured tomorrow he’ll vanish and won’t admit it m, but yeah you keep promoting the fact you share the ups and downs on your profile. Bullshit.

That video of him yelling and holding his arms out like he’s some sort of god. Didn’t hear anyone else drawing attention to themselves like you crave to do Matt. I’m quite surprised this child neglecting prat didn’t title his strava “that’s for tattle” to draw more attention to himself. Imagine being around him the next 48hrs 🤢

techgurladpi

I hope it’s worth it in 5 months time when you realised you missed the last few days of your kids’ holiday and fuel is extortionate and inflation is creeping towards 18%.

I really hope it is because from where I am standing, it all looks a little bit fake.

View attachment 1527879
This is a terrible photo of them. Matt’s nose - my god it’s HUGE! I hope they hate this photo of themselves as much as I hate it

• Haha

wtfiswrongwithfolk

I work full time in a good job yet I couldn’t even afford a bloody weekend in Bognor this year!! Absolute bell ends the pair of them. Swanning round like they are something while everyone else babysits their kids 🤬🤬

Camperfan

VIP Member
Then run a different route instead of the one that takes you over the railway lines 4 times? Still call bullshit on her having to stop that many times for crossings. That’d be more trains than the West Coast Mainline ffs.
Call me sad but looking at her route on the aerial map her rail crossings were all bridges so she must be taking up train spotting as a hobby!

• Haha