Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lemming312

VIP Member
I reckon next April.

I am building up to be angry again. I spent all my anger last week.
Yes, if she's aiming for a PB at Amsterdam it would be silly to ruin it by doing another marathon 2 weeks before. But she has a record of doing silly things...

• Haha
Reactions: 3

instaidiotics

Chatty Member
Can someone explain this Welsh masters thing and how come he was selected?
One of my running friends got asked to do this too but for England. Not quite sure how she was selected (will find out) but still pretty cool that she was!

Last edited:

Runhappy

Oh someone above said there was but might have been hidden?
I don't think there necessarily was a run yesterday that was hidden. I've noticed before sometimes that Strava says "last run yesterday" when people actually ran the day before and think it's just a Strava glitch. Also, she's posted crap runs and aborted runs many times before so I don't see why she would hide a bad run. In terms of running today, still possible she does have some sort of injury - she's ran with "niggles" many times before, sharing on her YouTube how she stops many times to stretch.

PawsDog

Chatty Member
I manage 2/3 of the Park Run You Tube. Genuinely can not fathom what world they live in. Discussion in the car literally like they are elite professional athletes. It’s Parkrun!

• Haha

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Thank you for being on top of things. I saw that Tits ran 5 miles this morning - what moron runs 5 miles the morning of a race? I don't think even elite athletes would do something like that.
What an idiot. They annoyed me too much at the weekend but I can’t turn off this race/sub 15 car crash.

Lemming312

VIP Member
Still don’t think she will get sub 4. Sticking with my 4.23!
Yes, I think the traveling and different food will affect her. She needs to travel at least 2 days before the marathon and be really careful about what she eats if she's going to get under 4 hours.

EverthingGlitters

Another newbie! Tired of the crap they spout and frankly it’s dangerous to newer runners. Apols in advance for the long rant…..

I started following Kelly when I was a similar level - mum with a young family and just doing what I could (although I also work full-time so I never understood the adoration she received). Then watching the affair play-out on social media and people still fawning over them ‘aw you guys.’ Those poor kids seeing all that one day.

I love the marathon and my goals always centre around that. Most my other times are similar (slightly faster) and my marathon PB is nearly an hour quicker. I never race the shorter distances whilst in marathon training, because the marathon is my main goal (and because I do enough running without abandoning / dragging my family around races all year). If her goal really is the marathon, then she’d be better to just focus on that. But it can’t be with the way she trains!

All that matters to them is the likes / freebies / insta-fame. That’s why it’s the constant races, small PBs and marathon blow-up. And he’s never PB’d since his first marathon! Be interesting to know if he was coached for his first….

My prediction for Amsterdam? She’ll go out too quick. She’ll say she’s aiming for sub-4 but she’ll feel ‘good’ and ‘strong’ so try and do a sub-3.45 but then the wheels will come well and truely off around 18/19 miles and we’ll have a repeat of Berlin. I’ve followed all sorts of plans and I’ve never seen one ‘racing’ a 22 miler or with an all-out half 2 weeks before.

60 mile running weeks?! WTA. I’ve seen ultra runners do less. Needing him to pace her to break a 4.45 after 60 mile weeks and her easy pace apparently being her HM pace? Seriously. Where is the admiration coming from? Oh look at me, I’m a full-time average runner with a live-in ‘coach,’ kit I don’t have to pay for, races I probably get paid to run, kids in nursery/school, no job and I need a personal pacer to break a 4.45. NO disrespect to people who have that marathon as a PB, they probably train far more sensibly!

Then we’ll get that saying that makes me want to vomit ‘the marathon is a beast that doesn’t owe you anything.’ BORE OFF. If you trained sensibly, fuelled
properly and don’t got off too fast like an idiot, you can well and truly own the marathon. She makes running seem so unattainable.

Apols for the long post. Just so over this utter tripe. Don’t even get me started on the elapsed times and the fact she wears carbon plated shoes for every ‘session.’ It’s all lies.
Love this!!! Agree with this all.
Welcome!!!

muffinheeler

That is one shit post.

Buff have great products. I use(d) them for rowing and now running and the effort she has put into that is embarrassing.

We need a close up of the material, how it fastens, is it washable at 30/40 degrees etc. All caps like that are sweat wicking and light. Moron. She’s such an amateur.
She's also never posted about them before, ever. Neither has he. And all of a sudden they'll be gushing about the products for 5 mins and then forget them as soon as the #gifted trip is over.
It just makes me sad when brands do stuff like this with people just because they have big followings.

Also, that tracksmith crop top looks like the least supportive thing ever, definitely not selling it to me as a sports bra!

Lemming312

VIP Member
Isn’t tonight his bonk night v4?
Double run day today, he didn't actually name the race did he??

Are you doing Loch Ness 10K this year? I’ve entered it 😬
No, unfortunately I entered the virtual London Marathon and it's the same day or I would have. Enjoy it, it's a great race even though the last km seems twice as long as the rest!

Why has Kelly done a second easy run today? 6 miles earlier and 4 this eve. So that she can write it in her expensive paper journal? What a privileged mother of 4, time for double runs and then some time journalling. But she works so hard! She doesn't half ass it! She's so inspirational! FFS.
Especially after her son's first day at secondary school, maybe spend some family together in the evening?

Last edited:

Lemming312

VIP Member
Come on, who’s up for some tits coaching you all know you want too… 🥴
Saw that, he's been advertising spaces the last couple of months, usually he just says he has one or two spots but looks like people have better things to spend their money on.
I would also like to partake in this race now. 😂 I need all the help I can get at the moment.
I got my PB at Aviemore 10k, fantastic fast downhill route, but unfortunately they have changed it to a hilly trail race! My previous PB was at Loch Ness 10k, another downhill route 😂

Runhappy

If she's already slowed down by 40 seconds/mile by mile 11, I hate to think what mile 26 will look like

Runhappy

30 second sprints are not the session to do 4 weeks out from a marathon. 🤣 A 5k 'race' on Saturday and now this, in the peak of her marathon build up. Make it make sense!