Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Camperfan

VIP Member
Yes, that is correct. Kids went to bluestone for long weekend in May. Kelly and Matt were planning Rotterdam, both went to Kenya, France. Where else? I've lost track!
They are obv both off to Amsterdam in what I believe is first weekend of half term. Let's hope the kids are with their dads and getting to do something fun!
Edit - actually Amsterdam is the week before I thought so not half term. But still hope kids are doing something fun.

Reactions: 3

the_chafe_is_real

VIP Member
Let’s wait for Kells to stick her head up Holly Rush’s arse now she’s finished her race (and finished it well tbf 👌🏻)

• Haha

the_chafe_is_real

VIP Member
Do you put an estimated finish time for Amsterdam? Guarantee she’s put herself down for 3:30 and if she doesn’t have to give proof, she’ll be in the wrong starting pen for sure. Just looked up the starting waves for Amsterdam, if she gets a pink or orange number then she’s put too fast a time as her estimated finish.

Northernscumpet

Chatty Member
She has Type 1 diabetes which is effectively a disability when it comes to running; has been through 5 pregnancies; and has a naturally low VO2 Max, and evidently a particular weakness for long distance (especially the marathon).
This is what I keep thinking, T1 is a serious issue and has a big impact on running. I listened to a podcast once with an actually sensible and talented runner with T1 who was hoping to achieve a specific time (maybe sub 3, I can't really remember but he was also closer to it being achievable than Kels) and saying how much T1 impacted his ability to do it because of having to monitor your bloods so much and it changing your options for fueling. It's not something to mess around with. I'd also say you probably need a coach who understands the impact it has.

Someone is getting injured soon. I'm surprised it hasn't already happened. I'm crap at being consistent with strength training but I do make an effort to do it because every time I try to push it and am not bothered with the strength stuff I get injured. All my best (which isn't that good) running has been when I've also been consistent with resistance training.

Instacuckooland

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of the story where she was offering a Garmin to whoever could predict her marathon time but then she never ran it? Did she just keep the watch?!

This is what I keep thinking, T1 is a serious issue and has a big impact on running. I listened to a podcast once with an actually sensible and talented runner with T1 who was hoping to achieve a specific time (maybe sub 3, I can't really remember but he was also closer to it being achievable than Kels) and saying how much T1 impacted his ability to do it because of having to monitor your bloods so much and it changing your options for fueling. It's not something to mess around with. I'd also say you probably need a coach who understands the impact it has.

Someone is getting injured soon. I'm surprised it hasn't already happened. I'm crap at being consistent with strength training but I do make an effort to do it because every time I try to push it and am not bothered with the strength stuff I get injured. All my best (which isn't that good) running has been when I've also been consistent with resistance training.
Can you remember what the podcast was? I'm fairly newly T1 and always looking for good role models!

Humblebrag

Chatty Member
They totally will, and analyse the data! And now can’t get disturbed images out of my head of him shouting mid act… “WANT IT, Kelly, WANT IT!”

Imagine if one day he posts it on Strava. Just like he did with a sports massage that stravawankers highlighted for us all 😂
I just spat my coffee out! lol

Wasn't it the Dublin Frontrunner trip that the shagfest happened? If anyone feels like being nauseated even more this evening, check her story highlights from Dublin. 🤮 She was still wearing the ring. And was most definitely still married. All they do is lie. Such a shameful duo.
Hahaha. I also went back through some of her old IG stories / posts earlier to try and identify it but then realised she is just a big wind up merchant at all times so gave up

• Haha