thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel really deflated about running today. I work hard, adapt my training around my children and tbf, would never be able to run what she did today. But that isn’t inspiring to me at all. I don’t have the time to train like she does. What is the ‘juggle.’ &
why do people find her so inspiring? I feel really flat after seeing that tbh because yes it was a good run, probably wearing shoes I can’t afford, but I don’t get the hype.
She makes me want to pack running in; knowing that to get anywhere you need to be unemployed and have a live-in ‘coach.’ Please someone prove me wrong….??
Please don’t let these two idiots (or other instaidiots) change your love for running and / or give you a skewed image of what someone needs to do to ‘improve’ in terms of race times. Running is NOT all about race times it’s for fun, health and god forbid, just for the hell of it. They don’t juggle - they prioritise running above all. they live for races, the gram and kudos from strangers on the internet or their fellow insta show offs. You do not need to run like her to improve, in fact you’d probably go backwards! Many of us have commented how we run far fewer miles than her and succeed in improving at a greater rate than her. But as I said a while back - I have to take breaks from Mara training (only do one a year) as if I’m constantly going from race to race it totally takes the love away and feels like an utter chore.

Don’t let them make you feel despondent. They live in a weird world of Nutella, greggs, cake and putting their running first. Nothing at all inspiring about it or what running should be about.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Heading to Bristol. One or both of them doing the 10k/Half Marathon then? Fairly sure they’ve had free entries off Great Run before so wouldn’t put it past them to have free entries now and have just forgotten to shill it at all.

Reactions: 2
Heading to Bristol. One or both of them doing the 10k/Half Marathon then? Fairly sure they’ve had free entries off Great Run before so wouldn’t put it past them to have free entries now and have just forgotten to shill it at all.
I think Tits said he's doing the 10k. Surely Kells isn't doing either after yesterday's run. You'd like to think not!

Reactions: 1
I feel really deflated about running today. I work hard, adapt my training around my children and tbf, would never be able to run what she did today. But that isn’t inspiring to me at all. I don’t have the time to train like she does. What is the ‘juggle.’ &
why do people find her so inspiring? I feel really flat after seeing that tbh because yes it was a good run, probably wearing shoes I can’t afford, but I don’t get the hype.
She makes me want to pack running in; knowing that to get anywhere you need to be unemployed and have a live-in ‘coach.’ Please someone prove me wrong….??
Like a few others I’ve run in the same races as these two occasionally. One was a 20 mile race that was quite frankly horrific (it was the weekend the Beast from the East storm hit, very rural and not a nice course). Everyone else’s reaction including mine was head down, get on with it. Hers was to have a tantrum, cry at the side of the road and get WT to come along and run her through the last 3 miles. I can tell you this is true because I was a few metres behind her when it happened and overtook her coming into the final mile. Don’t believe everything you see on social media, a lot of its smoke and mirrors!

• Haha
She should have saved that run for the marathon. Crazy doing 22 miles at marathon pace 3 weeks out. Never seen a training plan with that on.

Reactions: 7
Like a few others I’ve run in the same races as these two occasionally. One was a 20 mile race that was quite frankly horrific (it was the weekend the Beast from the East storm hit, very rural and not a nice course). Everyone else’s reaction including mine was head down, get on with it. Hers was to have a tantrum, cry at the side of the road and get WT to come along and run her through the last 3 miles. I can tell you this is true because I was a few metres behind her when it happened and overtook her coming into the final mile. Don’t believe everything you see on social media, a lot of its smoke and mirrors!
Completely. I passed Tits in 2018 London and he looked miserable as sin 😏. We all know their social media covers the “highs and lows” of their running - yeah right.

Reactions: 9
She should have saved that run for the marathon. Crazy doing 22 miles at marathon pace 3 weeks out. Never seen a training plan with that on.
Exactly - she might as well just run the extra 6k and run a marathon - stupid training. Plus she will be running all this week and next too. Those legs will never be fresh enough for race day!

Reactions: 4
Also, I love how tits admitted to 2 injuries in his vlog and yet still does zero strength training

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I didn't know the Titts team were heading to Bristol, glad I'm not doing it now! Best of Bristol have been plugging the race all week on their stories and every time I see it, there is Titts at the start line looking a right twit with a peakless cap thing with a camera on, looks like he's running in a swim cap!
Reading that transcript has he actually now realised running a long run and a session the day before a PB attempt is really stupid? This, a man who charges a princely sum to train them?!

Thanks for responses. Don’t know why I let it get to me so much! I wish they’d just own their privilege and stop talking about the ‘juggle.’

• Heart
I didn't know the Titts team were heading to Bristol, glad I'm not doing it now! Best of Bristol have been plugging the race all week on their stories and every time I see it, there is Titts at the start line looking a right twit with a peakless cap thing with a camera on, looks like he's running in a swim cap!
Reading that transcript has he actually now realised running a long run and a session the day before a PB attempt is really stupid? This, a man who charges a princely sum to train them?!
ha that has tickled me - the tits team 😆
New hashtag for them on insta #teamtitsgoals

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Can someone explain this Welsh masters thing and how come he was selected?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.