thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Matt is pacing her at Amsterdam I pity anyone running near her. He will no doubt be filming her whilst also shouting at her constantly.
It would drive me bonkers if my faster partner did that to me, I would get frustrated at the fact he would be finding it easy and probably tell him to do one in the end and run his own race.

Reactions: 8
If Matt is pacing her at Amsterdam I pity anyone running near her. He will no doubt be filming her whilst also shouting at her constantly.
It would drive me bonkers if my faster partner did that to me, I would get frustrated at the fact he would be finding it easy and probably tell him to do one in the end and run his own race.
I don't think we need to worry about him pacing her. Based on his training, he's due for an injury any day now.

Reactions: 9
I don't think we need to worry about him pacing her. Based on his training, he's due for an injury any day now.
Probably both get injured before Amsterdam and dissappear for a few weeks then pretend the whole marathon plan never existed 🤣

Reactions: 6
Yet we won’t hear anything about it, he’ll just casually vanish off the face of the earth for weeks/months and then come back with no word about it!

But yeah “I always like to share the ups and downs of my training” does he duck! And neither does she!

This is why my partner and I stopped running together. His encouragement when I was in the hurt locker would really set me off. Tbh, him just breathing the same air as me when I’m in the hurt locker is enough to set me off. 😂 I just need to be alone and grind it out.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yet we won’t hear anything about it, he’ll just casually vanish off the face of the earth for weeks/months and then come back with no word about it!

But yeah “I always like to share the ups and downs of my training” does he duck! And neither does she!
He’ll still share it’ll just be different charts seeing action… like his riding and weight training

7A5422EA-2A45-4B1F-B5B3-A2881E8770B9.jpeg
AF21BA94-E5DC-4EAD-87D4-3B89D0A571F6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Just watched Matt's latest video. Impressively, he's more nauseatingly serious than usual. It's only running, FFS. Predictable excuses for not hitting sub-15 as well: unable to run with a group; maybe the shoes... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
Just watched Matt's latest video. Impressively, he's more nauseatingly serious than usual. It's only running, FFS. Predictable excuses for not hitting sub-15 as well: unable to run with a group; maybe the shoes... :rolleyes:
Blaming everything apart from overtraining then.

Reactions: 6
This is what I keep thinking, T1 is a serious issue and has a big impact on running. I listened to a podcast once with an actually sensible and talented runner with T1 who was hoping to achieve a specific time (maybe sub 3, I can't really remember but he was also closer to it being achievable than Kels) and saying how much T1 impacted his ability to do it because of having to monitor your bloods so much and it changing your options for fueling. It's not something to mess around with. I'd also say you probably need a coach who understands the impact it has.

Someone is getting injured soon. I'm surprised it hasn't already happened. I'm crap at being consistent with strength training but I do make an effort to do it because every time I try to push it and am not bothered with the strength stuff I get injured. All my best (which isn't that good) running has been when I've also been consistent with resistance training.
Can you remember what the podcast was? I'm fairly newly T1 and always looking for good role models!

Reactions: 3
Wow well done Kelly. 👏👏👏 Finally finding one day for quality time and an activity that revolves around one of your kids in September, after 7 weeks of school holidays, despite no work commitments

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Now if only she could put her phone down and not make her kids film her on their rare, fun outing together.

Reactions: 10
Now if only she could put her phone down and not make her kids film her on their rare, fun outing together.
I came here to say the same thing. How absolutely sad that she has to make a post about it. Everything is for the gram. Put your f-ing phone down and spend actual time with your kids. She disgusts me honestly.

Reactions: 10
Half expect him to run 5k of this 10km and bank a 5km pb from that

81211091-D585-4869-B31E-141C2B2E428D.jpeg

• Haha
Half expect him to run 5k of this 10km and bank a 5km pb from that

View attachment 1559081
is it wrong i kind of want to do this now!? can't be a legit PB with that elevation drop though. its like Boston marathon not being world record legal cos of the elevation drop

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.