thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #5 The selfish life of the selfish sweaty floor lovers of moonboot condoms

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well like I said , 63% of the UK could do with losing weight

it makes a massive difference in so many ways

sleep, exercise, health

Are they both running a half this weekend? Kelly has run two 10 mile (+) runs this week and "raced" a 10k last weekend. I'm sure Titts has done equally as much, and raced yesterday.
Saw on her stories she was asking about recovery and saying she liked active recovery. Wonder if the penny is starting to drop with her that she's doing too much?
I'd love to see her marathon plan. What is she going to do differently having failed before? She's reintroduced Thursday hard runs as they "worked before in a marathon plan". Which bonked marathon did they work in Kelly?!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It’s all dead simple

If your training for a half :
One long run a week going to up 15 miles
One speed session
One tempo session
A few very easy runs
Probably one rest day a week

do that each week and repeat for 12 weeks - you should run a decent half

Reactions: 1
My PB is faster than Kelly’s and I did 4 runs a week with the longest being 12 miles.
My first half ever was the GNR which I bonked because it was hot and I had a hissy fit at the long hill but I ran it faster than Kelly’s pb and my longest run was 9 miles (entered v late).

We all have different ideas about how to train, after over 20 years of running I’m not going to listen to Kelly about active recovery.

Reactions: 8
To be honest, for someone who runs as much as she does, she doesn’t ‘look’ fit. So whether that’s weight or puppy fat or whatever, it’s clear that she eats complete crap and doesn’t exercise effectively (overtrains and doesn’t seem to do strength work) and doesn’t rest properly. The result is someone who just doesn’t look all that fit considering the hours she puts in.
He also looks rubbish at the moment, but for different reasons. Haggard and drawn, and not at all as healthy as a few years ago.
They are both terrible examples of how to manage a hobby (or social media career?) like running - neither of them are a picture of health for many reasons.

Reactions: 5
This is not a baity post, I promise. I just have a question to those who say she doesn’t “look” like someone who does a lot of running or should lose weight to get faster.

What about Lucy Bartholomew (whose body shape has changed considerably over the last few years and now doesn’t look like a typical “ultra runner” although she definitely puts in the miles) or Mirna Valerio? Given Lucy’s very public opinions on ED in running and the way Mirna has been promoted by Lulu (whatever we feel about that company excepted), would you say to them they should look at their diet to look “fitter” or be faster?

I definitely I am not trying to be argumentative here, I just wonder what your opinions are in these very public cases?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve tried to stay quiet but on this I can’t. It is my personal opinion and one people on here don’t all share.
I really disagree with commenting about peoples weight or shape. Or that losing weight equates to being faster. But most importantly, not commenting on peoples weight. Or talking about “puppy fat.” It may be hypocritical as I do comment on things they do but this is where my bottom line is and I couldn’t just not comment as I am pretty sure there are people on here who will have their own struggles around food, weight and exercise. But, why the **** do we need to body shame or ever comment on someone’s weight? If someone loses weight and gets “praised”, how would that feel if they’d lost weight because they had gone through a bereavement or couldn’t afford to eat or had something like cancer? End of rant.

edit: big virtual hugs being given out to @Into_the_tunnel and anyone else who might need one ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I’ve tried to stay quiet but on this I can’t. It is my personal opinion and one people on here don’t all share.
I really disagree with commenting about peoples weight or shape. Or that losing weight equates to being faster. But most importantly, not commenting on peoples weight. Or talking about “puppy fat.” It may be hypocritical as I do comment on things they do but this is where my bottom line is and I couldn’t just not comment as I am pretty sure there are people on here who will have their own struggles around food, weight and exercise. But, why the **** do we need to body shame or ever comment on someone’s weight? If someone loses weight and gets “praised”, how would that feel if they’d lost weight because they had gone through a bereavement or couldn’t afford to eat or had something like cancer? End of rant.
You have just expressed everything I wanted to say. Unfortunately I rose to the bait, am now upset and got accused of virtue signalling.

Going to bow out until we get another sandwich reel.

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12

edit: big virtual hugs being given out to @Into_the_tunnel and anyone else who might need one ❤
I agree with this. I didn’t want to comment because yes they are undoubtedly twats but let’s not forget Kelly has had 5 kids. There are very few I know, that have had 5 children that have then been able to have very slender and lean bodies. I do think that in order for her to get a BQ she PROBABLY needs to be lighter. I don’t think she will get that because she’s currently close to the maximum of what she can achieve based on her current body composition.

- Just also a note to say I have no knowledge in this area, so again, it’s just an opinion.

Reactions: 4

Thank you for saying this. I was trying to word this but couldn’t as well as you. It’s a line for me too and no matter how irritating we might find someone for many other reasons, their body shape isn’t part of that - EVEN when they share unhealthy aspects of their diet.

Maybe controversial but she could be faster if she lost a stone in weight

it’s a fact
I don’t agree with that, I’m older and a bit more bigger then her. I’m faster then she is, it’s the training that’s all wrong…

Reactions: 12
I don’t agree with that, I’m older and a bit more bigger then her. I’m faster then she is, it’s the training that’s all wrong…
Same. I'm defo bigger than her and older and I'm faster at all distances. I do half her training load I'd say.

Lousy on other saying someone needs to lose weight. Yes we have an obesity epidemic in the country but being active and increasing fitness is what we are advocating for at every size.

I’m with you on this too. It feels like a low blow. And this goes for both of them. There is no need to comment on weight or use awful terms like ‘puppy fat’. We know they read here. It’s one thing to comment on ridiculous goals or barmy training or the way they ignore/hide things but commenting on weight is so so triggering not only possibly for them but for others who read this too. Slim does not equal fast. Or happy. Performance and personal happiness are more than a body shape.

Maybe she’s hit her ceiling, maybe she doesn’t eat the right things at the right time, maybe her coach/training is barmy. Losing weight is not the solution to any of those potential factors.

Reactions: 13
Absolutely no need to comment on her weight, that's not the issue.
I think she was wearing a belt and carrying stuff under her top in that reel if that's what's triggered comments.

Her diet annoys the crap out of me though, completely irresponsible to have a running/fitness/type1 account and constantly post junk food. I don't think she has any idea how to fuel her training and feed her family a nutritious diet. The bagels she's been posting recently are an improvement on doughnuts but still filled with processed rubbish. I wish she'd stop posting food and educate herself.

Reactions: 3
She's reintroduced Thursday hard runs as they "worked before in a marathon plan". Which bonked marathon did they work in Kelly?!
Exactly what I thought when I saw her story 🤣

Absolutely no need to comment on her weight, that's not the issue.
I think she was wearing a belt and carrying stuff under her top in that reel if that's what's triggered comments.

Her diet annoys the crap out of me though, completely irresponsible to have a running/fitness/type1 account and constantly post junk food. I don't think she has any idea how to fuel her training and feed her family a nutritious diet. The bagels she's been posting recently are an improvement on doughnuts but still filled with processed rubbish. I wish she'd stop posting food and educate herself.
Yes she always carries emergency supplies in a waist belt.

Well like I said , 63% of the UK could do with losing weight

it makes a massive difference in so many ways

sleep, exercise, health
Is this runningjo10k? 🤔

Read it back

She dosnt need to lose weight - you are putting your spin on it
but it’s a fact that if you are over weight you will be faster if you lose some

100% this - I am not here to comment on anyone's weight, or what I think is her ideal weight, and unless you are Kelly's personal doctor and nutritionist, neither should you. We can comment on her cringe reels, her terrible coach and training, her mass consumption of doughnuts, but her ideal body shape and weight is not the one. Elite athletes have a certain body type, but also have a team of experts around them, including doctors, nutritionists, S&C coaches, etc. to ensure they are primed for performing at an ultra high level.

You can say what ever you want and even take Kelly out of the equation BUT the fact remains

If you lose weight you will run faster

The caveat being that you don’t lose too much weight

This shouldn’t be a controversial subject , it’s science

You can slag her off for subjects you want to, but then say you can’t talk about weight

This isn’t fat shaming , she’s a pretty girl and looks good

I’m just saying most people could lose a bit of weight and they would run faster

We have gone a bit soft in this country - most people need to lose weight

63% of people are over weight weight FACT

Don’t be a victim - change

If you enjoy your running and you are happy then don’t change

But if you are over weight and want to get faster then losing some weight will help

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.