thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #5 The selfish life of the selfish sweaty floor lovers of moonboot condoms

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welshtits latest story 🤦🏽‍♀️ “It’s my first roll of the dice” “I can draw a line in the sand” 🤢

Also says he’s quite a way off that sun 15 minute 5k. Am I wrong here but pretty sure he gave it large about doing sub 15 minute 5k by mid July, or have I got that timeframe wrong?
15:26 on Strava.

Reactions: 2
He might have done it if he’d tapered like a normal person and hadn’t run such a huge amount of miles in the week before. How do they expect to perform at their peak if they don’t rest and recover before a race?

Also wonder how the swim training is going? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
His ego is bigger than the sun.

There is more to life than your running Matt. Lots lots more.

Read. The. Room.

🥺

Reactions: 7
So his sub 15 minute 5km attempt isn't actually that impressive as all he really needs is a 10-15 second PB, something he's already close to?

That'll hide his marathon and half ironman failings and champion how amazing he is. Like a tit salesman.

Those edits on their reels are shocking! Speed up, slow down, shaky screen. Also, everyone must hate having to run near her and have her cheer squad and being filmed. How about just run a race for the fun of it? Guess what Kells, you still ran 10k this weekend, even if you don’t share every moment on Insta.

Reactions: 3
Training for an Ironman but also training for a 5k PB. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Reactions: 12
27 seconds may not seem much but in the context of a 5k, that means running at a 9s faster min mile. That’s quite a lot in this context. And he said by the end of July, so in 4 weeks or so he’s going to shave that off??? What amazing prep for the half IM too 🤣

• Haha
So his sub 15 minute 5km attempt isn't actually that impressive as all he really needs is a 10-15 second PB, something he's already close to?
I thought this when I saw that story. I didn’t realise his PB was already so close.

Reactions: 1
So being that close to that sun 15 already basically means he’s going to be doing a Kelly like she did with her 15 minute course PB and making it out to be huger than it actually is 🤔

I think I feel differently about the two of them to be honest.

With her, I think she may have reached her potential and no matter how much training she does she isn’t going to improve. She represents the vast majority of us. I think it is harsh to say that just because she has a lot of time she could get better times- there will be a limit to what she can achieve. There may be an odd pb on a good day with a good course but other than that I think she is in cloud cuckoo land if she thinks her running career is a gradual, overall, upward trajectory.

With him, he is a different kettle of fish so to speak. He is obviously a very talented runner and although he will have a cap, I think he is limiting that by his arrogance surrounding his training. He could easily get below 15 and 2.20 if he rested, cross-trained and ate well. He could do so well but the last 5 years have been essentially wasted by him thinking he knows best.

Just my thoughts. I may be wrong. I thought I knew best once. Didn’t end well.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

With her, I think she may have reached her potential and no matter how much training she does she isn’t going to improve. She represents the vast majority of us. I think it is harsh to say that just because she has a lot of time she could get better times- there will be a limit to what she can achieve. There may be an odd pb on a good day with a good course but other than that I think she is in cloud cuckoo land if she thinks her running career is a gradual, overall, upward trajectory.

With him, he is a different kettle of fish so to speak. He is obviously a very talented runner and although he will have a cap, I think he is limiting that by his arrogance surrounding his training. He could easily get below 15 and 2.20 if he rested, cross-trained and ate well. He could do so well but the last 5 years have been essentially wasted by him thinking he knows best.

I agree with you in the main, her shorter distance training has improved. But ultimately that’s not the goal is it? Her goal is a BQ. I think she can continue to improve her 5k and 10k times but as far as a marathon is concerned she is fucked.

As for him, I don’t think he is capable of more. There’s no doubt his times are amazing. And sure, I think he will probably sneak under 15 mins for a 5k at some point but as far as longer distances are concerned like 2:20 marathons he’s peaked. I think when he got his PB years ago he probably trained well for it, now he’s got in his head thinking he knows best and he’s fucked any chance of breaking that.

Reactions: 10
Matt actually set his phone up to record him cheering someone in. Just support folk without it all needing to be for the gram for gods sake!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Matt actually set his phone up to record him cheering someone in. Just support folk without it all needing to be for the gram for gods sake!
Was just coming here to say the same! What an embarrassing adult!!

“up on your toes, want it…WANT IT!!!!” *big air fist pump* 🤢

• Haha
he really takes it to the next level of muppetry, he doesn't give a tit about those runners, its all for likes on instagram

I don’t get the need to speed up the videos. His runderwear advert sped up.
the video of him trotting past the camera in the 5k race before he goes slow mo shows his actual cadence

His new reel is just 🤮, all a set up. I don't wish bad on anyone but he really takes the biscuit. W@nker!

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Totally agree. Kelly is a shuffler and I honestly don't think she really loves running. For her it's an attention thing, she's a pretty girl and likes the free stuff and attention its given her. Doubt she'll ever improve much over the marathon distance as her hearts not in it and clearly her ability isn't enough. Tits is a very passionate runner and has natural talent but unfortunately for him his ego is stronger and ultimately it clouds his training and stops any improvements . Won't be long before he's injured again and then he'll hide away only to return 3 months later repeating the same cycle.

Wonder how many of those runners running past him thought, what a wanker!!?...🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.