thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #5 The selfish life of the selfish sweaty floor lovers of moonboot condoms

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe controversial but she could be faster if she lost a stone in weight

it’s a fact

• Haha
Reactions: 4

it’s a fact
But what would she have to do to lose that stone if her current weight is her ideal weight?

What long term impact would losing that stone (which would probably be difficult given she already exercises a lot and has T1) have on her mental health?

Would that be worth the speed you say would come once she is lighter?

Reactions: 8
I don't know about losing a stone, I don't really agree with that. Been passed in my last two halves by plenty of bigger (and older!) people than me.
She could be healthier for sure and eat more nutritious foods but I'm not sure losing a stone is the magic bullet to her being faster.

Reactions: 9
I actually don't think she's very intelligent when it comes to food and nutrition anyway. The amount of crap she eats and feeds the kids is pretty shocking regardless of her diabetes. You seriously cant eat that many doughnuts and processed crap and not expect it to impact your running negatively.

I agree with what you say on her doughnuts and managing T1. But you also need balance. She isn’t elite but also shouldn’t be doing all that “eating clean” crap that a lot of people think they need to do that often means they fall down a slippery slope.

Telling people to lose weight to get faster is what the Nike coaches were saying and we all know where that ended.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I agree with what you say on her doughnuts and managing T1. But you also need balance. She isn’t elite but also shouldn’t be doing all that “eating clean” crap that a lot of people think they need to do that often means they fall down a slippery slope.

Telling people to lose weight to get faster is what the Nike coaches were saying and we all know where that ended.
I wonder if she still smokes. Quiting that would help her improve for a start.

Reactions: 3

it’s a fact
I kind of agree, but it is controversial, speed comes down to the power/weight ratio, if she's loses fat and keeps the same muscle she should be faster, but if she loses muscle and fat she wouldn't be any faster.

I wonder if she still smokes. Quiting that would help her improve for a start.
This would definitely help!

Reactions: 2
I kind of agree, but it is controversial, speed comes down to the power/weight ratio, if she's loses fat and keeps the same muscle she should be faster, but if she loses muscle and fat she wouldn't be any faster.
I very much doubt that she lifts anything heavy enough to maintain her muscle mass while dieting. I feel like dogshit if I try to maintain my weights while dieting, which is kind of why I haven’t. A better suggestion would be heavy lifting while eating at maintenance to increase muscle mass while losing fat.

Weight isn't her issue...it's her ridiculous over-training. She seems to need the support of a coach, so she should ditch Matt and get someone qualified. She has the desire to improve and a willingness to put in the work--that's a big piece of the puzzle. I don't think she'll ever BQ, but she could become faster.

Reactions: 11
It’s a fact. She could easily lose weight

I agree there is a tipping point where you can lose too much weight but she’s miles off that

she’s got puppy fat

She could lose a stone easy by eating better , and if you think of carrying a stone rucksac you woukd understand how much faster she would be

sick of the woke people saying don’t fat shame etc

most people are over weight and hide behind this bullshit

Reactions: 3
It’s a fact. She could easily lose weight

I agree there is a tipping point where you can lose too much weight but she’s miles off that

she’s got puppy fat

She could lose a stone easy by eating better , and if you think of carrying a stone rucksac you woukd understand how much faster she would be

sick of the woke people saying don’t fat shame etc

most people are over weight and hide behind this bullshit
So you think everyone should be a size 6 then?

Just wondering?

No I don’t think everyone should be a size 6

what I’m saying is the Nike girls someone mentioned were already very thin and low body fat. It was irresponsible to try and encourage them to be thinner

A lot of people - Kelly included could lose some weight and improve their performance

they don’t have to - it’s an individuals choice

but it’s a fact that if you weigh less you will usually be faster

please don’t virtue signal if you don’t know your facts

Reactions: 1
Just watched his new reel. Honestly I didn't think they could get any worse. They have. These reels are absolute CRINGE! Him yelling, with phone set up to record. Hahahaahahah GET IN

God these two wankers need their phones taken away like a child does with a toy.

Every elite runner ever is thin with low body fat

FACT

There is a point where you can be too thin, but 63% of adults in UK are overweight

so it’s also a fact that most people could lose weight, be healthy and quicker - should they want to

Reactions: 1
If she dialled back her training to a reasonable level it would be easier. She could cut out a lot of the crap as a result. The amount she runs, (not going to say trains), she probably feels ravenous all the time.

Every elite runner ever is thin with low body fat
Much like every swimmer has broad shoulders. They do that sport because their bodies are suited to it, and they have a gift for it. Some people are naturally slim. Others (like me) just aren’t.

Reactions: 2
No I don’t think everyone should be a size 6

what I’m saying is the Nike girls someone mentioned were already very thin and low body fat. It was irresponsible to try and encourage them to be thinner

A lot of people - Kelly included could lose some weight and improve their performance

they don’t have to - it’s an individuals choice

but it’s a fact that if you weigh less you will usually be faster

please don’t virtue signal if you don’t know your facts
I’m not virtue signalling. Don’t put words into my mouth.

I’m coming from a place of personal and professional experience in terms of ED.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.