thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #5 The selfish life of the selfish sweaty floor lovers of moonboot condoms

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My money is on poorly child story. That way they don’t feel people can say anything bad about it. But I’d still question if that was a bullshit excuse. If I was one of those kids I’d fake being ill so I didn’t have to be dragged along to witness all the bollocks.
This or another family member, especially with the silence. If genuine though, hopefully whoever is involved is okay.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was just coming to ask if it was half marathon day today.
Wonder what excuse will be rolled out this time

I say excuse as we've had many. I will feel bad if something genuinely has happened as that would be awful

Reactions: 3
It’ll be a case of boy who cries wolf, and one day the excuse will be real but none of us will know when. Their own doing, all of it!

Reactions: 9
Why keep entering races, make a huge fuss on Instagram and Strava then never run?! It’s all very bizarre.

Reactions: 4
I do hope all is OK with all her family. It would be like the boy who cried wolf, being her third last minute DNS in 6 months

Reactions: 1
I’d say a story incoming before 9pm along the lines of ‘Thanks for all the messages you lovely lot, it’s been a dramatic day’ and then radio silence.

Reactions: 9
What a pair of deluded individuals if they have run under different names could end up with them being banned from events
Is this really a thing for events like this? You see people with nicknames on bibs all the time when there wasn’t an option to have a nickname when you signed up.

Is this really a thing for events like this? You see people with nicknames on bibs all the time when there wasn’t an option to have a nickname when you signed up.
Nah you will only see nicknames when the events specifically ask for them. The actual name (for emergency purposes) will still be somewhere on the bib and defo on the entrants/registration/finisher list.

Ive been starting to worry for them too, genuinely hope the kids are ok etc but also know it's probably nothing and they're playing games again and I'll feel like a mug when it's another excuse.

• Sad
Nah you will only see nicknames when the events specifically ask for them. The actual name (for emergency purposes) will still be somewhere on the bib and defo on the entrants/registration/finisher list.
I’ve done events where I’ve had my name on the bib and no option for a shortened version, yet seen many Steves and Robs… Surely they must’ve signed up with that. Or maybe I was stupid 😛

Ive been starting to worry for them too, genuinely hope the kids are ok etc but also know it's probably nothing and they're playing games again and I'll feel like a mug when it's another excuse.
Don't waste your time worrying about these idiots, they're probably trying to get their stories straight and waiting on some more "Are you okay?" DMs before they post

• Haha
Reactions: 10
More of the same from them- DNS and Instagram silence. They’re glued to their phones 24/7 and would have posted if they had genuine reasons not to run. Once again, it’s all about the ego.

Reactions: 12
I find it hard to summon much concern for them. Maybe it’s because they’ve cried wolf too many times, or gone for the drama too many times, or used every excuse under the sun too many times. Or maybe it’s that I simply don’t like who they are and what they represent. Or maybe it’s just that I’m a terrible person 🤷‍♀️
Edit: I really really really dislike people who lie and are dishonest. Even that whole “hospital” debacle was utter BS.

Reactions: 14
I find it hard to summon much concern for them. Maybe it’s because they’ve cried wolf too many times, or gone for the drama too many times, or used every excuse under the sun too many times. Or maybe it’s that I simply don’t like who they are and what they represent. Or maybe it’s just that I’m a terrible person 🤷‍♀️
Edit: I really really really dislike people who lie and are dishonest. Even that whole “hospital” debacle was utter BS.
100% how I feel about it

If they’re truly off social media for whatever crisis is going on (or not), does that mean they won’t be rapidly deleting loads of comments? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.