Thesocialmama.xo #21 Uh oh, we're in trouble, Oakley's come along and burst her pink, frilly bubble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's also very easy to slip into a rabbit hole when you're comparing signs and symptoms to things lots of people experience daily or for a period of time.
I can see it now, she's diagnosed herself and suddenly it'll be all Kyle here's when he's just finished a 14 hour shift and wants a few hours peace on the xbox. "I just knew I was different, that's why I can never tidy up and spend money all the time. Its not my fault"
Can credit card debt be written off following an ADHA diagnosis 🤣 it wasn’t me who spent all the money in b&m it was my adhd.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have zero issues with ADHD for women and girls having representation to help people be less ignorant about it and be more aware of how it can present in people.

My issue is that it isn't a simple fix, it's bleeping exhausting and I wouldn't wish having it on anyone.

As someone who has it and was diagnosed later in life, the diagnosis gives me the opportunity to be kinder to myself. The diagnosis provides doorways to support and medication. It's a lot of work and it's a journey that isn't just going to change your life over night.

My ADHD is the combined type and I've been told it is the most severe seen in a female by the 3 health professionals treating me. There is nothing I can do to change this, have a dopamine deficiency so my brain is literally not neurotypical (if I had an MRI you would physically see the difference).

ADHD is no joke - not woe is me or saying anyone on here is belittling it at all - but it's constant chaos. Feels like everyone knows the instructions and rules to a game and it's on easy mode for them... here I am with no info or instructions and been shoved straight onto expert level. Does that make sense?

There have been so many times looking back that I know my life as it is could have been so different if I had known then what I know now. I do struggle with unmasking and lots of day-to-day life admin but I'm doing the best I can with the support I have access to.

Also want to note that, it does count as a disability but you don't automatically get benefits for being diagnosed. It's a case by case basis. I'm so good at masking (thank you years of internalising) and it's so misunderstood by so many, it's means tested and not everyone can see what's really going on in your head. Not sure what she would get out of it if she can't be honest with herself or a psychiatrist. It's not like she will get any reasonable adjustments for her job since she doesn't have a workplace. I also can't see her taking any medications for it if it came to it because her body is a temple.

ADHD, like any other other condition, isn't an excuse for bad behaviour. It may be the cause or the reason for mistakes or bad/impulsive/reckless choices if left untreated but it's not a pass for all of the above.

Anyway, I'll stop ranting and let Tattle get tattling.

Aimee, get the help if you need it but be prepared to take a deep look in at your life from day dot. You need allllllll the proof from your past. You also need to put in the work for yourself and your family.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have zero issues with ADHD for women and girls having representation to help people be less ignorant about it and be more aware of how it can present in people.

My issue is that it isn't a simple fix, it's bleeping exhausting and I wouldn't wish having it on anyone.

As someone who has it and was diagnosed later in life, the diagnosis gives me the opportunity to be kinder to myself. The diagnosis provides doorways to support and medication. It's a lot of work and it's a journey that isn't just going to change your life over night.

My ADHD is the combined type and I've been told it is the most severe seen in a female by the 3 health professionals treating me. There is nothing I can do to change this, have a dopamine deficiency so my brain is literally not neurotypical (if I had an MRI you would physically see the difference).

ADHD is no joke - not woe is me or saying anyone on here is belittling it at all - but it's constant chaos. Feels like everyone knows the instructions and rules to a game and it's on easy mode for them... here I am with no info or instructions and been shoved straight onto expert level. Does that make sense?

There have been so many times looking back that I know my life as it is could have been so different if I had known then what I know now. I do struggle with unmasking and lots of day-to-day life admin but I'm doing the best I can with the support I have access to.

Also want to note that, it does count as a disability but you don't automatically get benefits for being diagnosed. It's a case by case basis. I'm so good at masking (thank you years of internalising) and it's so misunderstood by so many, it's means tested and not everyone can see what's really going on in your head. Not sure what she would get out of it if she can't be honest with herself or a psychiatrist. It's not like she will get any reasonable adjustments for her job since she doesn't have a workplace. I also can't see her taking any medications for it if it came to it because her body is a temple.

ADHD, like any other other condition, isn't an excuse for bad behaviour. It may be the cause or the reason for mistakes or bad/impulsive/reckless choices if left untreated but it's not a pass for all of the above.

Aimee, get the help if you need it but be prepared to take a deep look in at your life from day dot. You need allllllll the proof from your past. You also need to put in the work for yourself and your family.
Thanks for being so honest 🤍🤍🤍

and I agree, she needs to work on herself and in the longrun, will be kinder, better to herself and less overwhelmed

Reactions: 4

This is so open and honest and gives just a little insight into how difficult life can be ❤. And as you said if she needs help then she should get it. But I imagine she portrays life a certain way to certain people to get what's she wants so she'll probably struggle to tell anyone how she really feels. She constantly lies on her stories and can't keep up with it. I hope if she's going to pursue some sort of diagnosis for whatever she thinks she has, that she takes a step back from Internet life and focuses on it and her family. Life at the best of times can be overwhelming without talking absolutely nonsense online every day and trying to justify it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.