TheNurseMum #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continuing after this thread was locked out of respect after J passed away

Continuing as she has started to post affiliate links and sponsored posts and due to interest on several threads

Reactions: 29
I do feel so sorry for her and the loss of her beautiful boy but a part of me feels like she is playing a game to gain financially from the awful awful situation

• Wow
Reactions: 40
I agree with previous comment! the go fund me that was set up for the funeral for example, was set at 10k and the target was well exceeded quite quickly, in less than 2 days if I remember right. Kaytee, didn’t share the link until the amount was WELL OVER 10k. Didn’t sit right with me atall at the time, why the need to share it if the desired target was already reached

Reactions: 32
I found it sickening that they continued the go fund me, pure greed.

Reactions: 19
I found it sickening that they continued the go fund me, pure greed.
Especially when she’s swanning about in a subsidised Merc she can hardly drive, flashing her £700 trainers and extravagant hotel stays

Reactions: 21
I do feel so sorry for her and the loss of her beautiful boy but a part of me feels like she is playing a game to gain financially from the awful awful situation
A part of me feels the same. She keeps talking about wanting to set up an online shop up to sell some kind of Jaxon themed products. She did say she’d donate ‘some’ of the proceeds to charity, but presumably she’s going to keep the rest. I just think it’s a bit off to be setting up a business off the back of your child’s tragic death. I don’t know if I’m being really harsh here, but the other day when she was saying setting the shop up was the only thing keeping her going, it came across as a bit guilt trippy ‘so you all better buy something’ ish to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
A part of me feels the same. She keeps talking about wanting to set up an online shop up to sell some kind of Jaxon themed products. She did say she’d donate ‘some’ of the proceeds to charity, but presumably she’s going to keep the rest. I just think it’s a bit off to be setting up a business off the back of your child’s tragic death. I don’t know if I’m being really harsh here, but the other day when she was saying setting the shop up was the only thing keeping her going, it came across as a bit guilt trippy ‘so you all better buy something’ ish to me.
I agree

Reactions: 6
While her grief is very raw and awful to see I agree with you guys. She was talking not long ago about not being able to interview/be fit for work and thought she was going to lose her house if she couldn’t work? Then is able to go on holiday and potentially set up a business? I do understand she doesn’t feel she could be a nurse again but I do wonder how she’s financially supporting herself right now

Reactions: 31
There was also mention of a mortgage etc after J passed. I understand she wants to keep the house they both lived in, but we've said it before. It's adapted specially by the council, there are families out there that could benefit from her home. She should never of had the right to buy it, and how is she still being considered when she has no steady job or income?

Reactions: 29
There was also mention of a mortgage etc after J passed. I understand she wants to keep the house they both lived in, but we've said it before. It's adapted specially by the council, there are families out there that could benefit from her home. She should never of had the right to buy it, and how is she still being considered when she has no steady job or income?
I'm guessing that's why she is rushing to set up this business. Although I would be shocked if she can get a mortgage when I know people who have 6+ years of (honest) accounts and still struggle the get a mortgage high enough to buy anything.

Reactions: 9
The graveside is tacky to me. And I say that from the perspective of someone going to that cemetery to visit a loved one. What on earth is all that fencing and post box and books… it’s bizarre to be honest. I’m all for individual grieving process but how is that allowed? It seems to be a show to ramp up sympathy I know how harsh that sounds but it’s her. the fireworks display wtf

Reactions: 41
While her grief is very raw and awful to see I agree with you guys. She was talking not long ago about not being able to interview/be fit for work and thought she was going to lose her house if she couldn’t work? Then is able to go on holiday and potentially set up a business? I do understand she doesn’t feel she could be a nurse again but I do wonder how she’s financially supporting herself right now
I thought this and I did wonder if it was so someone reached out to her to help her buy the house or offer to maybe I don’t know. Something just didn’t sit right with me during that story. I feel rotten saying that though as grief does extraordinary things to people and I can’t imagine for a moment what she is going through

Reactions: 9
The graveside is tacky to me. And I say that from the perspective of someone going to that cemetery to visit a loved one. What on earth is all that fencing and post box and books… it’s bizarre to be honest. I’m all for individual grieving process but how is that allowed? It seems to be a show to ramp up sympathy I know how harsh that sounds but it’s her. the fireworks display wtf
I feel terrible for people going to grieve their children and seeing that mess, or her and her friends sitting eating fish and chips or letting off fireworks
It’s so disrespectful

Reactions: 26
I'm so glad others have said this - the fireworks IMO were a bit OTT and the graveside as a general is a bit............ "tacky". I certainly wouldn't be happy seeing it if i was visiting that's for sure. That being said, i do think the grave should be decorated as after all he is a child but i just think they've gone way too far. Why doesn't she create something in her own garden to enjoy all the time?

Reactions: 18
I was wondering when the thread would reopen for her, because recent events have left me really frustrated
1) the grave, and the events around his birthday. Can you imagine being another parent there to mourn and being confronted with fireworks and balloons and people having a party? Just doesn’t sit right with me

2) the shop - she spend most of J’s short life profiting off of his disability, which is ableist as hell, and now she’s wanting to do it even more after he’s died.

3) I can understand why she would find being back in a hospital setting traumatic, but surely there’s other ways she can put her training to good use?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I’ve felt for a long time this was needed, there’s grieving and sharing your grief process etc, but why does she post a grid photo and then share it to her stories because she wants likes..
She’s trying to expand her repertoire as some sort of grief influencer (cough Ellie..) now she can’t be used for family ads..

I was wondering when the thread would reopen for her, because recent events have left me really frustrated
1) the grave, and the events around his birthday. Can you imagine being another parent there to mourn and being confronted with fireworks and balloons and people having a party? Just doesn’t sit right with me

2) the shop - she spend most of J’s short life profiting off of his disability, which is ableist as hell, and now she’s wanting to do it even more after he’s died.

3) I can understand why she would find being back in a hospital setting traumatic, but surely there’s other ways she can put her training to good use?
she’s using the “being in a hospital is too traumatic” so that she can claim she cant work. 🙄

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.